IGNORED

The Switch Thread

I went and every one of those games at 2 locations (walmart) were still full price.

I didn't leave empty handed though.  They had FF10 marked at $15 instead of $30-50 depending where you find it.  Also they were selling Cadence of Hyrule for $33 vs $40(msrp) so yeah I got 2 unexpected Switch grabs so I can't complain.  I just really wanted that Terraria game for my kids christmas gift, she loves it on tablet/phone.

7 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I went and every one of those games at 2 locations (walmart) were still full price.

I didn't leave empty handed though.  They had FF10 marked at $15 instead of $30-50 depending where you find it.  Also they were selling Cadence of Hyrule for $33 vs $40(msrp) so yeah I got 2 unexpected Switch grabs so I can't complain.  I just really wanted that Terraria game for my kids christmas gift, she loves it on tablet/phone.

When you say they were still full price, do you mean the price tag still had full price or you physically checked the price with a worker? Because they almost always show the old price on the tag until you ring them up. Mine still showed $34 on the tag for Lucky but it was $15 when rung up. That's actually the benefit at Walmart if you know how to work them. When they clearence games they very often dont retag them for whatever reason. So if you know what games are actually cheaper you have an edge. Here is the key, use brickseek to see if any given game is cheaper at your local Walmart because evey store prices differently. Those prices have always been accurate, at least Ive never encountered a wrong one. BUT their stock Qty on Brickseek is almost always wrong in my experience. Unless the store have a pile of any game, it often says out of stock or limited stock even when they have a few. That happened to me yesterday, 2 of the games said out of stock, but there they were on the shelf with the wrong tags.

If you need a way to work with Brickseek if you look at the spreadsheet I post every so often, of the list of physically released Switch games, you can use the barcode number(remove the hyphens) and check the UPC box on Brickseek. Im on my crappy old phone at the moment so I can't post the google sheet link but if you look back a couple pages you'll find my post with the link.

edit: dug up the link from my previous post

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18UCeKB0rLMvko4ZJjxm665hbqjpoD-7bxjX0i7OkKyU/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by LeatherRebel5150

I checked with a worker.  I wanted to get Terraria in particular as I think I said, a couple others for myself, and they were not price fixed.  I can't say I'm not 100% surprised by this.  When I was looking a year or two back for some of those mini arcade machines they only get that run the NOAC stuff, sometimes you'd find people reporting sales on older models put into clearance wher ethey were like 10 instead of 20, same with the pocket arcade handheld of pac-man.  I used brickseek and found most locations did not do the discounts, it was random stores.  I think this is the case with this too.  I had to drive a county over to a walmart for a $5 vs $40 pac-man handheld when I did spot one kind of local last year.

It seems you can order online and get the reduced price:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Konami-Super-Bomberman-R-Nintendo-Switch/55456396

I only wanted this and it came to $22.55 with tax and shipping.  If you order $35 worth of stuff you get free shipping. 

Edit - Just got an email - the shipping is quick - it should be here on Friday.

Edited by Tabonga

I knew about these and I've been looking at them for a while. I still don't have Team Sonic Racing or Sonic Forces although I soon I'll be receiving Sonic Forces with the joycon skin bonus. 

I love multipak releases (not compilations, though I like those too, but specifically re-releases of games from the same console, repackaged into one release) so these are right up my alley. I'm just curious what size cart they used here, since for Team Sonic Racing SEGA said they didn't include the opening video because it would have forced them to use a more expensive cart. Maybe Sonic Mana + TSR fit on the cheapest 8GB cart easily and it doesn't matter? 

Also I'm wondering if Sonic Mania includes the DLC or not. 

Edited by MiamiSlice

8 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

I knew about these and I've been looking at them for a while. I still don't have Team Sonic Racing or Sonic Forces although I soon I'll be receiving Sonic Forces with the joycon skin bonus. 

I love multipak releases (not compilations, though I like those too, but specifically re-releases of games from the same console, repackaged into one release) so these are right up my alley. I'm just curious what size cart they used here, since for Team Sonic Racing SEGA said they didn't include the opening video because it would have forced them to use a more expensive cart. Maybe Sonic Mana + TSR fit on the cheapest 8GB cart easily and it doesn't matter? 

Also I'm wondering if Sonic Mania includes the DLC or not. 

6 hours ago, Shmup said:

I was also wondering that. I keep putting off getting the game and now will definitely grab this version if it includes the DLC.

isn't the only version that includes the DLC denoted by the *plus* in the title? so if its not Sonic Mania Plus it doesn't have it?

9 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Also cloud versions of Hitman and Control announced. Cloud streaming has arrived. No physical media, obviously. 

I'll be interested to hear about performance and stats. I'm assuming 720p streaming for both mobile and docked. I'm also assuming this is the Windows PC version running on a server somewhere. But what data distribution infrastructure are they using? How is latency? What level are graphic effects set at? How is in-game performance? Very interesting.

AVGN 1 and 2 Deluxe tomorrow. This will be like my first digital big purchase haha. Pretty much all the digital purchases I've done were cents and dollar amounts with my gold coins. Finally can play this how I wanted to in the first place. Well just found out they are working on making this physical someday, but nah I wanna play it now.

Edited by Skorp

I just finished FF XII Zodiac Age. This was my first time playing it and it was really good. The story was not very engaging and the main character was pretty bland, but the gameplay mechanics were really fun and unique. Plus, at just over 30 hours, it didn't outstay it's welcome. I'm tempted to start a NG+.