IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Got lucky with a best off exchange with a seller. I lost out on a backdoor several months ago for $45 and ended getting this for $60 shipped. Overall, I was really shocked with how good the condition was. The seller definitely didn't take good enough pics.

IMG_20201106_111555__01.thumb.jpg.b26f6be2632fe1972e1f7005907252b6.jpgIMG_20201106_111609__01.thumb.jpg.04b58ad2917482ff42d3e7a77ef633be.jpg

The Saturn collection is coming together nicely. I still want to get Panzer Dargoon 1&2 back in the mix. 

IMG_20201106_111826__01.thumb.jpg.65a0ee0b9314deb48fe81a7cdcdf1e6d.jpg

• Like 15
  • Wow! 1

On 11/1/2020 at 7:13 AM, The Strangest said:

I remember buying this line of Pokémon toys as a kid.

These are quite interesting, just from a quick search they seem to be legitimate, though the packages are entirely in Chinese (unless all Japanese Pokemon products just use strictly Kanji ?)

• Like 1

Well I was slacking on Thursday and didn't post something remarkable (to me) I came across, and then lightning struck twice on Friday as well.  Story time. 😉

I found the first image stuff on Thursday, drove over to the next county after talking with this older couple on messenger and then they flake and I sit for a 1/2 hour.  As I"m most of the way home, they figure it out and get super apologetic and already start up the freeway to make it right.  I had gone down there to save $20 as it was off the price, but got it reduced further to $45.  Now if this isn't nice enough, and I didn't put it on photo intentionally, it gets a little twisted.  While I could clean it off the inside of the GB battery door entirely, the reverse of 4/5 carts has a name and a social security number! on the back.  WTF?!  I've never seen that in 25 years of buying second hand games, not once, as it's just scary stupid given the wrong person gets it (guessing it was likely their kids now a grown adult if still alive) someone could use it to do anything from identity theft to helping smuggle people or whatever or be the ID for an illegal.  Earlier ago I popped the lens off, put a glass one on there, it looks marvelous.  LCD got a little scuffy damage due to bad glue on the original lens, so I'm probably going to buy a kit and do another IPS upgrade as they're fun.

So then today, this went like clockwork, but again, worked out better than expected.  Listing was $120, talked nicely a bit on messenger tried to get it split as I just wanted the non-DS stuff.  We agreed on $85.  They show up a moment before I did, and instead well, they brought it all anyway, didn't want more, and got all that still.  There was a messed up set of intec cheap plastic accessories that were rough so I pitched em, but the rest is as it is.  DSLite is like brand new, clean inside, barely a scuff outside, box was CIB entirely, but I own a matching one which lacked the bags, non-manual paper, and the tray so I took em. 😉  SP has no charger but works, it's a survivor, probably going to re-shell it and get an oem adapter for it too.

So yeah within 48 hours all that, I'm up to finding 5 GBA SP 101s this year between early summer to now, that's never happened.

gb-find11-5.JPG

gb-find11-6.JPG

• Like 7
  • Wow! 2

There was a time when your SSN was considered to be a good way to mark your stuff as it was an identifier unique to you.  It was even used as an employee number at my former job, before all this ID theft stuff started.  I've got several pieces of hardware marked with former owner's SSNs.

Cool find, though.  The last OG Gameboy I saw in the wild was priced at $70 with no games.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, fcgamer said:

These are quite interesting, just from a quick search they seem to be legitimate, though the packages are entirely in Chinese (unless all Japanese Pokemon products just use strictly Kanji ?)

Well I should say I bought that line of toys, but they were in US regional packaging here. Those toys are so iconic to my childhood that I recognized them immediately. I had the Rattata and Raticate in this thread.

I tried looking for the US packaging online but I can’t find it. I swear I remember it being different from the one in this thread though.

• Like 2

You sir have some refined tastes -- both Kid Dracula AND Splatterhouse.  I've got the pair too, NG3 I have on the trilogy

I've got a nice little find I had on sunday too, much of it to a degree surprising given where, value too, especially the stunning non game find which is the only image I share.

So yeah I had a small bit of nice fortune at one goodwill on the weekend I figured I'd share, not bothering with images though this time.

I got $14 into it, but the entire boxed set (box outer sleeve is somewhat thrashed on both edges) of Wii's Guitar Hero III Legends of Rock, and it appears the guitar most likely has never been used as it's all still in pieces and bags.  The decal sheets are still sealed up too and the strap is still bundled and tied up in its location, game looks to have been used a little as it's not perfect so someone looks to have just played in gamepad mode.  I know guitars used to be throw aways but gained in some value in recent years, found that the box set it like worth $60 so that's a score.  And elsewhere in the store a boxed set for PC Zoo Tycoon with the add-on disc too in its little cardboard box set for $2 and that's worth like $40.

The one other find, it's utterly mind blowing for me at least.  It's damaged, worst being the hole up top someone made when the original tab sheered off.  But yet despite that I caught this as it went out on the floor with a $2 sticker on it and snatched it fast.  I knew it was real, just not how old or more until I looked later.  Even a beat to hell one in worse shape than this with rust and paint loss is worth over $100.  This one is fairly clean and works perfectly.

1950scocacolathermometer.jpg

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

Whoa - what's the story with these fancy FDS games? They look so sick.

-CasualCart

They were prizes!

https://famicomworld.com/workshop/articles/the-holy-grails/holy-grails-an-introduction/

Edit: also the stationary set diskuns are so coooooool

Screenshot_20201112-204158_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3c97dfd7862ed2fbb51b36b477000c57.jpg

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 2

On 11/10/2020 at 11:52 AM, Tanooki said:

The one other find, it's utterly mind blowing for me at least.  It's damaged, worst being the hole up top someone made when the original tab sheered off.  But yet despite that I caught this as it went out on the floor with a $2 sticker on it and snatched it fast.  I knew it was real, just not how old or more until I looked later.  Even a beat to hell one in worse shape than this with rust and paint loss is worth over $100.  This one is fairly clean and works perfectly.

This is a fantastic pickup for $2! Nice work and crazy that it was priced so low!

The Coca Cola collectors are crazier than video game collectors so I’m sure if you decide to sell it you will get too dollar for that condition.

Some rare pickups. This thing was something I'd thought I'd never see. It's unbelievably rare. One step closer to a complete Gamecube Multi-Disc collection!

7EqzT4D.jpghsdZUiN.jpg

Also got the Colosseum Bonus Disc factory sealed. While I don't care too much about sealed games at all, I decided to get this one sealed since it's a distribution, which is what I collect and it seems to be jumping in price quickly in the last few years (I remember them going for $40 not too long ago. Probably due to the new Pokemon players for the Switch titles) Not entirely rare, just very much in high demand so better get it now to keep forever.

jn4JStC.jpg

Last, the Y90P EUR variant. This thing is crazy rare too (I'd say second rarest of the EUR Pokemon distribution set).

985uWsX.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow! 5

Selling off my loose Genesis titles (thanks a lot, Collector's Quest Podcast 🙄) and re-purchasing the decent ones CIB. It's not that I ever sought out loose Genesis titles, they're just titles I've picked up for super cheap over the years. I'm definitely happy to be upgrading the ones I care about, though. Here are the first few that have come in. Dinosaurs for Hire is on the way.

image.thumb.png.428c14a8454e2730ffbfbdcab5274c32.pngimage.thumb.png.0c4efda3226d0ca352ec52500b64cd09.png

• Like 9