IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Some current and cross-gen games to play and collect. Game Fly used games sales can't be beat for price or quality. Can't wait to start Demon's Souls this weekend!

IMG_20201113_171721.thumb.jpg.3b8ffb190cb6ba6cb8b4dfb39690400d.jpg

Game Gear Micro with the Big Window! Haven't gotten around to trying these out, but I love how ridiculous they are. No luck getting the Aleste version yet.

IMG_20201113_171832__01.thumb.jpg.050f02a6ae32f0d4494d38716edd0ccf.jpg

A couple more Evercade carts to keep that set current and some Nintendo Rewards. The pin set was way more hassle than it was worth, but it's nice to have.

IMG_20201113_171941.thumb.jpg.5926d38859d2b918deebe16a280b2173.jpg

Coming soon: New Consoles!

• Like 9
  • Wow! 1

On 11/12/2020 at 9:17 PM, Shmup said:

This is a fantastic pickup for $2! Nice work and crazy that it was priced so low!

The Coca Cola collectors are crazier than video game collectors so I’m sure if you decide to sell it you will get too dollar for that condition.

I don't really want to, wife was snarking on it the other day telling me to sell it because I already have a coke thermometer.  I've got one of those larger maybe they're 16"(?) white cap blue glass coke bottle ones that works too marked Donasco made in the usa on the bottom.  Unlike the one I just got it's not damaged.  I attached an old image I found on my drive.

tmntcels-coke.JPG

• Like 2

So I managed to lay down a snipe bid and get Panzer Dargoon 1 for $70 shipped 😅 I had a snipe on the sequel from the same seller but it sold for over $100 shipped which I wasn't ready for. Oh well, I'll track it down. I believe when I sold my original pair back on 2015 I sold the pair for $120 so I won't be too far off the original sale price.

IMG_20201112_183005__01.thumb.jpg.e9ed6a4fbc7556f35f39dbf8497468e3.jpg

I also managed to scoop a couple OG Xbox games for free from a co-worker. His brother in-law was a gamer and sadly passed and he asked if I could list some games for him on ebay to avoid getting the shaft from GameStop or a pawnshop. He said I could take a 20% or some games for the trouble and I got these bad boys so far.

IMG_20201107_105208__01.thumb.jpg.68ec0cdc085ab0193ec4c414e14808e3.jpg

My Xbox collection has almost maxed out the space I allotted on the built-ins. I might have the rearrange some of the lower shelves if I keep accumulating games for it...

IMG_20201114_090904__01.thumb.jpg.4d6fd003ab02bcf21bf9928c65eba036.jpg

• Like 10

12 hours ago, Californication said:

A little bitter sweet. My hu-card drive isn't working. Then Gamestop sent me a disc only Azure Striker. It was $8 so I guess I'm keeping it.

If you have a Gamestop locally with a complete copy, you should go see if they'll swap it. I've done this a couple times.

A few things from the last few days.

I picked up a few Game & Watch units on Friday and it's interesting to see/hear the reactions from the family. My son thinks it's cute, but Mario's too 'slippery (lol); he loves the clock. My daughter just loves the clock and keeps it beside her bed; she loves all the stuff Mario does on screen while the time is displayed.

Sakuna came in and I'm looking forward to carving out some time at some point to give it a go, but the saga of Cooking Mama continues and my daughter (and me...) is/are having a blast with Sweet Shop; we pretend the pastry connoisseur in the game is French and voice her accordingly.

Yakuza showed up today...man, I love the Yakuza series. I'm looking forward to diving into this one.

A few more Worlds of Power books showed up and a few more are on the way, so we almost have them all. My son is intrigued by the Castlevania book, so hopefully I can convince him to give it a read *fingers crossed*.

Puyo Pop is fun, I realized I didn't have it, so I picked it up (didn't realize how cheap the game is which was a nice change of pace)...

...and Sylphia. Finally, Sylphia. I only have one more PCE CD based game left, and I'm done (no full set or anything like that, just the games I've wanted to have/play), but I'm going to enjoy this find for a while 😄

That's all for now. May you all find the awesome things you are after (and even treasures you didn't know you wanted), and may they find you in good health!

IMG_20201116_171652.jpg

IMG_20201116_170948_1.jpg

IMG_20201116_170719.jpg

IMG_20201116_170456.jpg

IMG_20201116_165855.jpg

IMG_20201116_165809.jpg

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, Renmauzo said:

A few things from the last few days.

I picked up a few Game & Watch units on Friday and it's interesting to see/hear the reactions from the family. My son thinks it's cute, but Mario's too 'slippery (lol); he loves the clock. My daughter just loves the clock and keeps it beside her bed; she loves all the stuff Mario does on screen while the time is displayed.

Sakuna came in and I'm looking forward to carving out some time at some point to give it a go, but the saga of Cooking Mama continues and my daughter (and me...) is/are having a blast with Sweet Shop; we pretend the pastry connoisseur in the game is French and voice her accordingly.

Yakuza showed up today...man, I love the Yakuza series. I'm looking forward to diving into this one.

A few more Worlds of Power books showed up and a few more are on the way, so we almost have them all. My son is intrigued by the Castlevania book, so hopefully I can convince him to give it a read *fingers crossed*.

Puyo Pop is fun, I realized I didn't have it, so I picked it up (didn't realize how cheap the game is which was a nice change of pace)...

...and Sylphia. Finally, Sylphia. I only have one more PCE CD based game left, and I'm done (no full set or anything like that, just the games I've wanted to have/play), but I'm going to enjoy this find for a while 😄

That's all for now. May you all find the awesome things you are after (and even treasures you didn't know you wanted), and may they find you in good health!

IMG_20201116_171652.jpg

IMG_20201116_170948_1.jpg

IMG_20201116_170719.jpg

IMG_20201116_170456.jpg

IMG_20201116_165855.jpg

IMG_20201116_165809.jpg

Yakuza is so awesome. I need to grab the new one.

Aaaaand now I’m searching CIB Puyo Pop on eBay...

On 11/16/2020 at 7:34 PM, Shmup said:

Managed to find a complete copy of Holy Diver for my Famicom collection that isn't a repro or fake box. The front of the box is a little damaged but the rest is in very nice condition. If I ever find a better looking box I'll probably do an upgrade. Looking forward to playing this one.

IMG_2678.thumb.JPG.2964b391e2b1a150d1ef0bb68bd97970.JPG

If you still need it by the time I revisit portions of Tokyo, I'll gladly pick one up for you. My fees are fair and I don't require Reed's soul as a down payment. 👍

3 hours ago, FenrirZero said:

If you still need it by the time I revisit portions of Tokyo, I'll gladly pick one up for you. My fees are fair and I don't require Reed's soul as a down payment. 👍

Haha thanks. Might need to give you a list then. I do have a contact in Japan which is where I get most of my Japanese stuff from, but it can be very hit and miss depending where and when he goes to places.

8 hours ago, thatgamernerd said:

Absolutely insane purchase. Including shipping, I spent about $70 on these two. Can’t believe the figure is sealed.

B601BC95-2A1A-4F3F-AE70-B1E0A49C07C1.thumb.jpeg.2d35a809e6f95eedfc7b4fe791d919d6.jpeg

Nice, and yeah that's tricky to get one with the toy like that.  As far as Macross games go, that was probably the best one the US got unfortunately as the camera/control on the console game was sadly just broken.  Also that GBA game got emulated and stuffed into a reused Coleco tabletop shell a few years back for a nice little desktop arcade.

17 hours ago, Shmup said:

Haha thanks. Might need to give you a list then. I do have a contact in Japan which is where I get most of my Japanese stuff from, but it can be very hit and miss depending where and when he goes to places.

Not a problem. I should add that I might be busy trying to get any updated info in regards to getting legal help starting my business there. But I also do know my way around Akihabara, Nakano Broadway, and -- to a lesser degree -- Nipponbashi. So if I can find this, my guess is it will pop up in any of Mandarake's shops. Otherwise, I am going to hope that my game hunting does not end like it did in 2017. 😅

5 hours ago, thatgamernerd said:

Aside from it just being a solid piece for the collection, I am really looking forward to playing this one. It’s been on my radar for a while, looks like a fun shmup!

Oh...my...goodness...I had no idea this game existed on the GBA AND it's a shooter!? I've gotta play this!

I have a strong appreciation for the innovations Naughty Dog have done for Sony. Recently, I’ve been reading a lot about developers undergoing dangerous “crunch” practices. It’s sad to see how much these devs have had to endure with recent games. That being said, I’ve decided to acquire something autographed by original Naughty Dog powerhouse dev team, around the time or before the time that the crunching stories started becoming nightmarish. I’m very excited to have this piece in my collection and will hang on to it for life.

5DCFD035-B467-4C87-B79F-DDB14EA8C91E.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Wow! 1