IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

1 hour ago, joshdose said:

I have a strong appreciation for the innovations Naughty Dog have done for Sony. Recently, I’ve been reading a lot about developers undergoing dangerous “crunch” practices. It’s sad to see how much these devs have had to endure with recent games. That being said, I’ve decided to acquire something autographed by original Naughty Dog powerhouse dev team, around the time or before the time that the crunching stories started becoming nightmarish. I’m very excited to have this piece in my collection and will hang on to it for life.

That's not entirely new news. It's just became a big deal, for some reason, in the last year or so.  I got into software engineering in college because I wanted to make video games and I had always enjoyed tinkering with code on my computer, although all I had in high school was q-basic.

I got into school and started researching the industry and getting a job as a game developer meant you had to be in the top 1% of developers, and expect half the pay of other industries.  Not to mention, huge crunch sessions were well known to be a thing, even back then.  I re-evaluated my goals and just decided to work as a developer in general business. 

Anyone who wants to make games this day and age needs to go indy.  100%.  I don't think you could pay me enough to work for a major game studio.  To much pressure, work and effort for to little pay.

Edited by RH

7 minutes ago, RH said:

That's not entirely new news, it's just became a big deal, for some reason, in the last year or so.  I got into software engineering in college because I wanted to make video games and I had always enjoyed tinkering with code on my computer, although all I had in high school was q-basic.

I got into school and started researching the industry and getting a job as a game developer meant you basically had to be in the top 1% of developers, and expect half the pay of other fields.  Not to mention, hug crunch sessions were well known to be a thing, even back then.  I re-evaluated my goals and just decided to work in general business.  Anyone who wants to make games this day and age needs to go indy.  100%.  I don't think you could pay me enough to work for a major game study.  To much pressure, work and effort for to little pay.

I totally respect that, and agree that indie is probably the way to go nowadays. Similarly, my original dream was to create music for video games. This can be an equally challenging industry to get into. You have to be in the top 1% there also. I ended up just working in I.T., playing music as a hobby and collecting video games to fill the void.

On 11/18/2020 at 2:01 PM, thatgamernerd said:

Absolutely insane purchase. Including shipping, I spent about $70 on these two. Can’t believe the figure is sealed.

B601BC95-2A1A-4F3F-AE70-B1E0A49C07C1.thumb.jpeg.2d35a809e6f95eedfc7b4fe791d919d6.jpeg

awesome pickup! The Colin McRae game is REALLY hard to find CIB, especially in good condition. Been searching for a long time for a nice copy.

1 hour ago, RalliArtEvo said:

awesome pickup! The Colin McRae game is REALLY hard to find CIB, especially in good condition.

Thanks, man. Yeah, it’s hard enough to find loose. A “2nd And Charles” in Georgia had this one sitting for $27. A guy I know from social media reached out to me and bought it/shipped it to me. Absolutely nuts.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

51 minutes ago, FenrirZero said:

This is one of those moments where I am thankful Wata did not give me a response. In the end I am happier having this than the NA version (which I originally wanted). All because the artwork does it for me.

One down, many to go.

Game2.jpg

That art work is super good, I love it 

• Like 1

Moderator · Posted

My quarantine was up yesterday, so I went out and hit up 2 local shops today. Found a ton of really nice N64 CIB’s (and 2 boxes) that I needed only the boxes for, nearly all of them fully complete with all extras like posters and reg cards, and over half are mint. Negotiated a really good price for everything, the one place even threw in a free Snowboard Kids box 😳 

F8054A19-C578-4F32-85E7-65134ED5BA42.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Wow! 4

5 minutes ago, doner24 said:

My quarantine was up yesterday, so I went out and hit up 2 local shops today. Found a ton of really nice N64 CIB’s (and 2 boxes) that I needed only the boxes for, nearly all of them fully complete with all extras like posters and reg cards, and over half are mint. Negotiated a really good price for everything, the one place even threw in a free Snowboard Kids box 😳 

Wow. If you ever find a box for Mario Party 2 I need it!

50 minutes ago, doner24 said:

Holy cow! I didn't think hauls like that existed in the real world anymore.

Moderator · Posted
35 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Holy cow! I didn't think hauls like that existed in the real world anymore.

They weren’t like $5 each or anything, but I negotiated down to about 60% of retail, not even taking the excellent condition into consideration so it’s likely even lower. Also the free box that’s probably $100 helps too!

• Wow! 1

21 hours ago, Foochie776 said:

That art work is super good, I love it 

I do too. It's one of those things that have me nick the nostalgia for a very nice niche collectible.

Plus to me, Jessica has a very...

...very...

...look in that pic. Something I hope to point out after I have Wata grade it in 2021. 🙂

Edited by FenrirZero

13 hours ago, doner24 said:

Holy Christmas Jesse where did you go?

It's been awhile since I last posted here so there's a few new things.

Some 3DS games:
MAGDxKbh.jpg

Algo got some Wii and Switch games, the last WiiU game that I was missing for the fullset and I stumbled upon and very nice Playtronic copy of Trojan for US$100 and just couldn't say no to it. 
bkwyC14.jpg

Mega Drive/Genesis games (and one Sega CD game):
GAW0Bbuh.jpg

The new consoles:
n3dGL3ah.jpg

Some PS3 games and Miles Morales for PS5:
9bGQ3xsh.jpg

And a Japanese Mega Drive. This console is in amazing condition. It's incredible.
TqMBsyyh.jpg GEtxOrah.jpg

mjEev7Uh.jpg

And some Japanese Mega Drive games:
X5nIU9Uh.jpg

Edit: forgot to mention that I reached the 300 games mark on the 3DS.
9MvSASLh.jpg

Edited by Galdius
  • Like 8

I finally knocked off my "final" CIB Gameboy Color with the Pokemon G/S. I paid more than I wanted to and the condition is .. uhh.. subpar lol but I'm really glad to have it out of the way. I'll be keeping an eye out for an upgrade but overall I'm really happy with getting them all out the way. 

IMG_20201123_092131.thumb.jpg.54803fce3c520f304b1ae801f6b05b18.jpg

IMG_20201123_092125__01.thumb.jpg.743522a001572bddc6bdb3a40291242d.jpgIMG_20201123_092139__01.thumb.jpg.7c82c9e3a3228daca5605954e2f1391c.jpgIMG_20201123_092146__01.thumb.jpg.a841c1b8e1c99a39d48481ffe15a922f.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow! 2

31 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I finally knocked off my "final" CIB Gameboy Color with the Pokemon G/S. I paid more than I wanted to and the condition is .. uhh.. subpar lol but I'm really glad to have it out of the way. I'll be keeping an eye out for an upgrade but overall I'm really happy with getting them all out the way. 

IMG_20201123_092131.thumb.jpg.54803fce3c520f304b1ae801f6b05b18.jpg

IMG_20201123_092125__01.thumb.jpg.743522a001572bddc6bdb3a40291242d.jpgIMG_20201123_092139__01.thumb.jpg.7c82c9e3a3228daca5605954e2f1391c.jpgIMG_20201123_092146__01.thumb.jpg.a841c1b8e1c99a39d48481ffe15a922f.jpg

I have this system cib and it is one of my favorites. Everyone goes nuts over the pokemon yellow system but this one looks way cooler. I got mine NM years ago along with a cib Pokemon Yellow for crazy cheap.

Edited by Aguy
  • Like 2