IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

47 minutes ago, Shmup said:

I wish I could find that for $1 haha. Look at the condition, they were mental!

Are you referring to the Popy Golion? Because that would be a crazy lucky find in the US, nice work.

I have the Soul of Chogokin Golion that I got on release, it was worth every expensive dollar it cost haha.

The condition of the dollar Voltron isn't great, fair amount of chrome paint is gone, and the green lion motor doesn't like to play nice anymore, and one of two rear wings is gone but it displays nicely.

And yeah, that Golion I got at the Great Escape here in town for $80...paid another $30 for the shield/sword online in a combo deal.  I hate paying on parts, but given it's like a $200 bot alone in that kind of shape, going in that much on the weapons was a no brainer.  My jaw dropped when I saw it fairly high on he wall mounted on cardboard and sealed under shrink wrap as they do to protect stuff when I saw the price tag.  Wanted that thing since it came out in the US and ended up with car voltron dairugger instead (which was still fun to play with.)  I do actually have the old late 70s 6-8" tall diecast golion and dairugger too along with a fair few more 3 and 5" shogun warriors.  The fist-lacking dude there in front, I have them now and the 4 shots for its gun too that still works so the photo is out of date. 🙂

japaneserobots.JPG

• Like 2

Not much happening recently - that I'm having sent directly to me at least; I've been using a box and service a lot more these days since many people don't want to ship to Canada. The NT Mini Noir showed up today which is pretty sweet! I'm looking forward to putting it through its paces this week 😄

I popped into local card shop since the owner also sells some games, and I saw Skies of Arcadia for Gamecube and thought that would be a fun one to have. i still haven't gotten around to the Dreamcast version yet, but I hear there are some quality of life improvements in the GC release...? Either way, it should be fun. The nice thing was, my wife has wanted to get Daemon X Machina on Switch since she say the Nintendo Direct trailer, but we kept forgetting to pick it up. After grabbing the SoA, I noticed this sealed copy of DxM on the table and he's like, 'I'll throw it in for $20". Sometimes, it pays to be forgetful, lol.

The Ikaruga copies came in comfortably before Christmas. I wasn't sure if my brother wanted a copy, so I ordered two just in case.

...and more Worlds of Power books (yay!); almost there, 3 more to go. I have to admit, I'm really curious to see how they novelized Bases Loaded II...

I hope you all keep finding cool stuff!

IMG_20201201_172615.jpg

IMG_20201201_172716.jpg

IMG_20201201_173322.jpg

IMG_20201201_174227.jpg

• Like 10
  • Wow! 1

13 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Snorlax and Togepi is a hell of a score. Great stuff

Snorlax I've had, came a year earlier out of a Great Escape here in town and it was thrown in a pile of a few random plush for like $5.  The tag fell off but I still have it in my desk.  Togepi is a talker on a keychain and him along with the Butterfree (from the same set snorlax is from) I got with those 2 other nintendo beanies.

6 hours ago, Renmauzo said:

..and more Worlds of Power books (yay!); almost there, 3 more to go. I have to admit, I'm really curious to see how they novelized Bases Loaded II...

I hope you all keep finding cool stuff!

Yes you do, and that one on the right there is the last one I need for the set of those books (outside of the two junior bigger print ones I don't have either.)  Also nice one on Skies, I've had that for years, great 'complete' version of the game and amazes me how few people have tried like them to expand on the use of airships into actual combat as it works.

• Like 2

Got these puppies in. I'm SO glad I laid a bid down on Batman bc I ended up getting a second chance offer for $160 shipped. It's in great shape too, no craps on the case and includes the foam. Super happy about it. This brings my want list for the Saturn down to about 3 titles. I'm really excited to get close to getting all my wants out the way. Slow and steady gets the spaghetti!

I grabbed the Hori pads for the Switch since I play basically entirely in handheld mode. And the note pad is from Club Nintendo. 

1938811688_IMG_20201202_1950012.thumb.jpg.b5a5d0e0051fec60b57be8387d817985.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Got these puppies in. I'm SO glad I laid a bid down on Batman bc I ended up getting a second chance offer for $160 shipped. It's in great shape too, no craps on the case and includes the foam. Super happy about it. This brings my want list for the Saturn down to about 3 titles. I'm really excited to get close to getting all my wants out the way. Slow and steady gets the spaghetti!

I grabbed the Hori pads for the Switch since I play basically entirely in handheld mode. And the note pad is from Club Nintendo. 

1938811688_IMG_20201202_1950012.thumb.jpg.b5a5d0e0051fec60b57be8387d817985.jpg

Good deal on the Batman. I don't have that one yet but have heard it's a great game.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Strangest said:

Without asking you to reveal too much detail, do you live in the south? We have some Great Escape stores all around the Nashville area but it seemed more like a local brand to me.

Yes, there's one of them north of you and I'm like 10-15min drive time from it.  I don't get down to TN too often but I'd check one of those if I were near by.

During October, while some of you guys were bashin' the system that brought joy to my childhood, I've got some new games for it.

20201203_124624.thumb.jpg.04e1d7654648ff49ac929a7d97e1d321.jpg

I owned none of these games except Mario Tennis. I remember Mario Tennis as pretty fun but I guess it probably won't hold up. But I do want get back all the games I've sold for this system when I was stupid. I've sold five games back then, Mario Party 1, Mario Party 3, Mario Tennis, Pokemon Stadium, and perfect dark. I already bought MP1 last month and now I have Mario Tennis, so I'm left with the other three which I'll obtain probably in the following months.

I've also started to upgrade my collection to have manuals as well. I already have the manuals for some of the games I used to have, including those I've sold. So right now I'm 3 manuals away from having manuals for all my n64 titles (I only need DK64 for which I have my original copy but not the manual, and Kirby64, MarioParty2 which I purchased recently). These are very easy to find so I only need to wait that a seller has all them to make the shipping worth it.

20201203_125121.thumb.jpg.834bf5b749bab7f98432b148547167d7.jpg

In the gb section, I got myself the following:

20201203_125248.thumb.jpg.71180c73b95166466487518764ccc216.jpg
I'm very happy to have Pokemon Red once again, though I'm really sorry I lost my original copy.
I'm also trying to upgrade my gb/c/a titles to include manuals as well, but this will take a bit more time because I want to be consistent with the print numbers I have for the games, and some gb games have something like 53 different NA print versions.

• Like 10
  • Wow! 1

7 hours ago, sg17 said:

So right now I'm 3 manuals away from having manuals for all my n64 titles (I only need DK64 for which I have my original copy but not the manual, and Kirby64, MarioParty2 which I purchased recently). These are very easy to find so I only need to wait that a seller has all them to make the shipping worth it.

I have sent you a private message.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, The Strangest said:

Ah, I go to BG quite often. Small world!

Oh I've only driven through there, go north. 😄

And good on you BG, other than majora's mistake I don't see a bad game in those images.  Sometimes still wish I had that Yoshi game but it's like just too easy to bother.  That and I'm really working on offloading more distractions right now so I'm probably going to be dumping my entire PC Engine setup shortly along with some more G1 transformers.

4 hours ago, Hybrid said:

Added this one to my collection

20201203_042113.jpg

Gah! Like 2 years ago I had a chance to buy this misprint at a great price but I didn't really know enough about it and I ended up asking the seller a bunch of questions and moving too slow and someone else got it before I did. Now it seems harder to find 😞

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

...and I just realized that I have three copies of Fire Emblem Three Houses.  I knew I ordered two.  I have no explanation for the third.  I guess they sent me another one by accident.

Don't worry you're well on your way to having a Prestige Collection.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I finally found this Wii U Mario Kart 8 Deluxe set in the condition I wanted at a good price. Most people seem to lose the third tray that holds the wheel, remote and game. Once I found one with the tray but missing the cardboard separator inside it, ugh.

bKcvUWZ.jpg

l0Zs4wu.jpg

I love these cool variants that are packaged differently from the regular ones. This one has a huge outer box to accommodate the 3 trays whereas the regular editions have 2 trays.

Xr0WmNZ.jpg

Here's a comparison with a regular deluxe set:

tFBb4XD.jpg

0X7uC9R.jpg

Another cool variant is the Super Mario Maker Deluxe Set with 8 bit Mario Amiibo. The box is much longer to accommodate the Amiibo, almost the size of an NES Action Set.

n5qX345.jpg

Do you guys know if there are any other packaging variants for Wii U where the box is a different size from a regular deluxe set? Not counting refurbished ones.

• Like 8
  • Wow! 2