IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

28 minutes ago, bowser said:

Just found these locally on Facebook for $60!

KY2ykIN.jpg

Are these Canadian exclusives? Most of the eBay listings appear to be from Canada and both box arts also have references to Canada on the back.

I swear I’ve seen Time Hollow here in the US but I guess that doesn’t necessarily mean anything these days. That’s the first I’ve seen Magician’s Quest.

42 minutes ago, avatar! said:

I did not know about this "Carolina Collection" - is that just something someone made up to make it sound more "spiffy"? Also, I take it Wata is not exactly esteemed in the community? 

Yep. Also I don't know about esteemed or not but I feel video game grading is not standardized or mature yet. What if a 3rd player enters the market and becomes popular? Will VGA and WATA graded games have to be "re-graded"? Until there's a universally recognized grading authority like for baseball cards or something I feel it's wise to not go for grading at the moment.

2 minutes ago, bowser said:

Yep. Also I don't know about esteemed or not but I feel video game grading is not standardized or mature yet. What if a 3rd player enters the market and becomes popular? Will VGA and WATA graded games have to be "re-graded"? Until there's a universally recognized grading authority like for baseball cards or something I feel it's wise to not go for grading at the moment.

Hmmm, is there a universally recognized grading authority for baseball cards and comic books? I know for traditional books, which have been around for hundreds of years, there is no universally recognized grading authority interestingly enough.

1 minute ago, avatar! said:

Hmmm, is there a universally recognized grading authority for baseball cards and comic books? I know for traditional books, which have been around for hundreds of years, there is no universally recognized grading authority interestingly enough.

Hmm... I'm not into grading so I could be wrong. I just had the impression there was a "go-to" grading service for baseball cards. What I'm trying to say is baseball card grading seems to be at a very mature state but video game grading is still young. I feel there will be a lot of changes in future in terms of players in that market so current grades will be in limbo until video game grading reaches maturity.

But that's just my opinion and I'm not sure if I'm making sense or just spouting BS 😛 

3 minutes ago, bowser said:

Hmm... I'm not into grading so I could be wrong. I just had the impression there was a "go-to" grading service for baseball cards. What I'm trying to say is baseball card grading seems to be at a very mature state but video game grading is still young. I feel there will be a lot of changes in future in terms of players in that market so current grades will be in limbo until video game grading reaches maturity.

But that's just my opinion and I'm not sure if I'm making sense or just spouting BS 😛 

i believe there are a few trusted grading companies out there for cards and coins and whatever collectible get graded and its the same for games, in my eyes vga is as good as wata and if a 3rd one comes along we will just get more knowledge about the games and their history.

Im not an expert by any means but i do like sealed or graded games i wont lie or hide.

I finished my loose set so i like loose too 😉

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bowser said:

Just found these locally on Facebook for $60!

KY2ykIN.jpg

Are these Canadian exclusives? Most of the eBay listings appear to be from Canada and both box arts also have references to Canada on the back.

I don't think so. Some games were sold in North America and Canada with a single box art that had both English and French text on the ESRB label. 

Putting the name of the collection on the grading isn't a new thing, it's called pedigree and has been around in comic books for a long time. The issue I have with it is that comic collections only gain pedigree if they are a very well known collection from someone that built it up from new. That means they bought the books in the 1960s as they were put on shelves, they didn't piece it together from the used market.

Dain did not do this, he didn't buy his games off the shelf in the 1990s (not all of them) so I am confused how he got labelled with pedigree. I'm guessing WATA was trying to gain credibility with the comic collectors and decided they could make more money if they slipped that in there.

Either way, I'd prefer to have a graded game without that label on it, it looks odd and I wouldn't want to have to explain it to people when I showed them the game.

Pretty tough to find DS game for whatever reason. Offered a Mercari seller $5 plus shipping for it and she accepted.

I'm not big into DS collecting or anything but an acquaintance of mine (who already has 3 copies of the game) told me I should reach out to the seller. It was in a lot of like 15 games and a console.

image.thumb.png.15169346164a1b46f40e2182f51135e9.png

• Like 5

Was validating collection and found these in a box that I picked up last year first time i have really looked at them. (kind of forgot about them.)

demo cart "We are back"3.thumb.jpg.37ad763d2317490f6d148bca5d699a29.jpg

Two Prototype Carts     1.thumb.jpg.1e30185a670349c8b2e0336c2c350a9a.jpg2.thumb.jpg.740a317a397f1589e7162995282db4c1.jpg

Camera Repair Cart (used to repair SLR's via a modified 4 player adapter and an OG Gameboy. 20201007_135051.thumb.jpg.7d85ce2ae4a1425aa8eec8517522423e.jpg

Did the research and found that over 100 different carts were made for different camera's.  sad i was not able to find the full set and the tech manual for this but i do have the cart for history type.  if any one had data on this please pm me.  Thanks

• Like 8
  • Wow! 1