IGNORED

VGS NES TOURNAMENT - Pools

BeaIank

41 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I don't know if I can beat cub'n'kitty Douglas at Soccer and I don't have the motivation to learn numerous new play controls for Hyper Sports, so we'll wait and see if I can even make it to the final round...

Same here honestly. I'd feel better about my chances if it was Baseball, Golf or Ice Hockey. I can't say I'm overly confident in my Soccer skills.

7 hours ago, NESfiend said:

I loaded tennis and soccer on my flashcart. The other game looks good, but a lot to learn in a busy week. Both of these are hard, but def playable.

Edit: and Ive never played either for more than 1-2 min. @Krunch, care to weigh in with a preference?

Same here, never played either at any length really.  I think i booted up Soccer once and it wasnt completely terrible

Edited by Krunch
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, mbd39 said:

Please no. Having to play one sports game is awful enough.

I guess I spoke it into existence because we're playing Tennis, Soccer and Golf at the same time. If @Jeevan doesn't come up with a new score, I'm going to get eliminated in the next round by my own idea. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

Events Team · Posted
19 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I guess I spoke it into existence because we're playing Tennis, Soccer and Golf at the same time. If @Jeevan doesn't come up with a new score, I'm going to get eliminated in the next round by my own idea. 🤦‍♂️

You guys had it too easy in the pools, so I decided to up the ante properly for top 8.

14 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Haha... Cryptic, just like an ol' 8-bit NES game!  I'll meet you half way: I'll play out the game I have paused, and whatever I score is whatever I score.  If you can score into the millions on Pooyan, you'll be in Round 2... 🙂

I'm just being honest that I don't think I have a realistic shot at winning, but it doesn't mean I won't try as I have been all week. If I was in the other bracket of Pooyan, it would be a different story, which is why I said you can enjoy your football. This is a fun game, but I am having a hard time being consistent. Considering some unfortunate personal developments as of this morning, I was unable to wake up early and put some hours in as I planned to, but don't worry, I am trying to at least put a respectable score in. At least I can say I have put in honest effort and found a new game to the game bank. 

1 hour ago, Mega Tank said:

I'm just being honest that I don't think I have a realistic shot at winning, but it doesn't mean I won't try as I have been all week. If I was in the other bracket of Pooyan, it would be a different story, which is why I said you can enjoy your football. This is a fun game, but I am having a hard time being consistent. Considering some unfortunate personal developments as of this morning, I was unable to wake up early and put some hours in as I planned to, but don't worry, I am trying to at least put a respectable score in. At least I can say I have put in honest effort and found a new game to the game bank. 

Yeah, Pooyan is a great game for sure.  I'm going to go and post my final score on the first page right now, then it's time for football for the rest of the day.  Good luck 🙂

2 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Hopefully @Dr. Morbis isn't better than me at Golf since I imagine we are equally mediocre at Soccer and Tennis.

It's actually not that bad: Tennis is done once you're at 6-0's, so it's just a matter of playing Golf all week with the occasional game of Soccer thrown in.  Good luck to whomever makes it 🙂

6 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

It's actually not that bad: Tennis is done once you're at 6-0's, so it's just a matter of playing Golf all week with the occasional game of Soccer thrown in.  Good luck to whomever makes it 🙂

Unless someone is insanely good at Soccer, they aren't going to score many goals on level 5 and Tennis is capped at 2 points, so we honestly might as well all just be playing Golf.

4 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Hopefully @Dr. Morbis isn't better than me at Golf since I imagine we are equally mediocre at Soccer and Tennis.

When I beat it for my personal list, my only requirement was to be under par, so I was like -2 or something, and never practiced beyond that.  My problem is: that was a loooooong time ago, so I'm essentially going into to this week as if I'd never played the game before.  Time to knock off some rust...

1 minute ago, Dr. Morbis said:

When I beat it for my personal list, my only requirement was to be under par, so I was like -2 or something, and never practiced beyond that.  My problem is: that was a loooooong time ago, so I'm essentially going into to this week as if I'd never played the game before.  Time to knock off some rust...

I should have a chance then since I'll be lucky to get any points at Soccer and I imagine we will tie at Tennis.

Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

I should have a chance then since I'll be lucky to get any points at Soccer and I imagine we will tie at Tennis.

Yeah, at this point I don't even think there's a favourite: one of us will have a miracle round of Golf at some point after many, many attempts, and that will be the difference...

5 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Yeah, at this point I don't even think there's a favourite: one of us will have a miracle round of Golf at some point after many, many attempts, and that will be the difference...

Maybe I can pull out a -10 round or so. I'll take my chances at that over scoring more than one goal in Soccer.