IGNORED

VGS NES TOURNAMENT - Pools

BeaIank

6 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

i was prepared to farm all day just to  fuck with ya lol, but now that i know the next round games i am done 😉  

You would have beaten me too, because I didn't know about it. That sounds like something that should probably be forbidden though if this comes up again during the weekly contests. @BeaIank

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

2 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

i farmed in between caves as well.  Ya, i watched a playthrough on mid. difficulty to see where to really score points, he said you could go in and out of the last cave all day long

I watched a video early on to see the quickest route to the pyramid at the end, but it didn't have any commentary.

3 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

If someone decides to forfeit and post a lower score to not advance to top 8 because one is too wimpy, frail and weak to play awesome sport games, that ain't my problem.
I won't refrain from pointing that said one is a weakling, though.

That is pretty weak given that sports games are awesome.

13 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

It looks like @Dr. Morbis finished 4th on the sports leaderboard, so hopefully he hates them too.

I don't hate sports games, they're just not my strong suit.  If I advance, I won't be picking Soccer since I'm terrible at it.  I can't fathom what the rules will be for Tennis (fewest games lost in a five set match???).  And as for Hyper Sports, I have the special Famicom controller to use for that, but it's also super easy for people to cheat on those Track & Field games by slamming a pen or pencil across the buttons of regular controllers, so I'll probably avoid that game so you can't cheat your way to victory against me.  So, long story short, in all likelihood I'll be picking Tennis...

16 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I don't hate sports games, they're just not my strong suit.  If I advance, I won't be picking Soccer since I'm terrible at it.  I can't fathom what the rules will be for Tennis (fewest games lost in a five set match???).  And as for Hyper Sports, I have the special Famicom controller to use for that, but it's also super easy for people to cheat on those Track & Field games by slamming a pen or pencil across the buttons of regular controllers, so I'll probably avoid that game so you can't cheat your way to victory against me.  So, long story short, in all likelihood I'll be picking Tennis...

I don't really have a preference, not that I get a vote anyway.

13 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

@Bearcat-Doug just so i won't be copping out, i might play again, but it will be tomorrow.  We shall see.  wanna say we cant farm?  adjustment to the rules?  Straight loops or whatever only?

I'm legit done with it, but I would say that thing about reentering the pyramid at the end should likely be forbidden if it can be done repeatedly.

• Agree 1

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm legit done with it, but I would say that thing about reentering the pyramid at the end should likely be forbidden if it can be done repeatedly.

ok, ill give it another go as i don't wanna feel like im copping out.  but just so you know, i do it against my will.