IGNORED

VGS NES TOURNAMENT - Pools

BeaIank

8 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Pick Soccer. We can see who's worse.

If I pick Soccer, you'll probably win: when I "beat" the game for my personal list, it was a 2-1 victory on skill 5, and I was trying my hardest the whole time!

On the other hand, at least it will only require a photo of the score, and there is little to learn, and sometimes it's nice to be lazy... so maybe I will pick Soccer.  It would just suck to go out of the playoffs, on freaking BLACK BOX SOCCER!!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Morbis said:

If I pick Soccer, you'll probably win: when I "beat" the game for my personal list, it was a 2-1 victory on skill 5, and I was trying my hardest the whole time!

On the other hand, at least it will only require a photo of the score, and there is little to learn, and sometimes it's nice to be lazy... so maybe I will pick Soccer.  It would just suck to go out of the playoffs, on freaking BLACK BOX SOCCER!!!!

I can't remember if I've played it on level 5 or not. I remember the default speed being annoyingly slow so I think I put it on 4.

1 minute ago, BeaIank said:

It could be worse.
I could have chose to make you all play blackbox Soccer, Volleball, Tennis and Golf and the combined scores of all those games would define the winner.

Blackbox Golf would have been awesome!  If that's ever been in the weekly contest before, I'm sorry I missed it...

Edited by Dr. Morbis

Just now, Dr. Morbis said:

I couldn't make the leaf appear once, and it's the "easiest" one to get on paper; one good reason I 100%  don't trust that video...

I can sometimes get it to appear by putting one thumb on the up button and the other on down button. No luck with any other method.

1 minute ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Blackbox Golf would have been awesome!  If that's ever been in the weekly contest before, I'm sorry I missed it...

It's come up a few times. I really like it, but I think my personal best is only -3. It seems like the winning score last time was -18 or something.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

Events Team · Posted

If you all prefer, we can go with the 4 blackbox games pick.
Baseball is completely out as an option. If I were to add it, I wouldn't replace volleyball with it. I would just add it to the line up so you all would have to play 5 games for the top 8 score.

2 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

Baseball is completely out as an option. If I were to add it, I wouldn't replace volleyball with it. I would just add it to the line up so you all would have to play 5 games for the top 8 score.

I could get behind that option.  I'd probably end up out of the tourney because of it, but at least it'd be a fun idea!

1 minute ago, BeaIank said:

I like the idea of having four black box games to pick from, but trying to play four at once seems a bit time consuming. I also maintain that Baseball is awesome and should be an option.

11 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

Please no. Having to play one sports game is awful enough.

1 hour ago, mbd39 said:

Is it possible for a real human to be this good?

I've seen other long plays from this channel before. I'm convinced they at least use save states. 

56 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

While I could definitely improve my score, I decided that since my opposition doesn't seem to care, why should I?  Now, if I was playing @0xDEAFC0DE, I'd still be perfecting my run, but as it sits, I'm gonna go with this 😛

Well you got close-ish to my score at least. I assume you probably missed at least one of my tricks otherwise I would have expected you to be a bit closer (or you just accidently skipped a heart stage). 

Edited by 0xDEAFC0DE

38 minutes ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

Well you got close-ish to my score at least. I assume you probably missed at least one of my tricks otherwise I would have expected you to be a bit closer (or you just accidently skipped a heart stage). 

I flubbed a couple heart stages, but after seeing my opponent's score, I wasn't worried about starting over to get them.  I also don't see myself playing that game ever again 😛

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I like the idea of having four black box games to pick from, but trying to play four at once seems a bit time consuming. I also maintain that Baseball is awesome and should be an option.

I honestly don't know why Baseball isn't  an option.  It's a better option than Tennis is, that's for sure.  And I hate Baseball 😛

2 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Lets save that for the final and I will bury you alive 

I don't know if I can beat cub'n'kitty Douglas at Soccer and I don't have the motivation to learn numerous new play controls for Hyper Sports, so we'll wait and see if I can even make it to the final round...