IGNORED

VGS NES TOURNAMENT - Pools

BeaIank

41 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

@Mega Tank: I've got the game paused with over a million points and a ton of men in reserve, but I'd like to watch football all day tomorrow, so do you concede or do I have to keep playing Pooyan till I'm blue in the face??? 🙂

Pooyan Request.JPG

Concede? No, but you can watch your football tomorrow lol

Just now, Mega Tank said:

Concede? No, but you can watch your football tomorrow lol

Haha... Cryptic, just like an ol' 8-bit NES game!  I'll meet you half way: I'll play out the game I have paused, and whatever I score is whatever I score.  If you can score into the millions on Pooyan, you'll be in Round 2... 🙂

3 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I checked out Tennis on youtube and it looks like you're hard-coded into a 3-set match, so I don't know what on earth the rule-set is going to be for the competition.  If both competitors go 6-0, 6-0, what's the tie-breaker going to be?  I guess we'll find out tomorrow...

I was wondering the same thing. Too bad Baseball isn't an option. 

Events Team · Posted
22 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I checked out Tennis on youtube and it looks like you're hard-coded into a 3-set match, so I don't know what on earth the rule-set is going to be for the competition.  If both competitors go 6-0, 6-0, what's the tie-breaker going to be?  I guess we'll find out tomorrow...

The tie breaker will be pretty straight forward. Score as many 6-0, 6-0s you can in a row. Stop when you don't score one or your mind breaks down.
It will be PURE endurance.

1 minute ago, BeaIank said:

The tie breaker will be pretty straight forward. Score as many 6-0, 6-0s you can in a row. Stop when you don't score one or your mind breaks down.

I spent over 8 hours looping the score during the Mario Bros contest so this shouldn't be too bad.

Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

I spent over 8 hours looping the score during the Mario Bros contest so this shouldn't be too bad.

My only issue is that it is truly on the honour system with no way to do photo evidence (assuming the game doesn't keep track of consecutive shutouts); so the entire competition will be down to whoever types a higher number with their keyboard next Sunday.  As a result, I'm going to reconsider my pic... It might be Hyper Sports after all...

Just now, Dr. Morbis said:

My only issue is that it is truly on the honour system with no way to do photo evidence (assuming the game doesn't keep track of consecutive shutouts); so the entire competition will be down to whoever types a higher number with their keyboard next Sunday.  As a result, I'm going to reconsider my pic... It might be Hyper Sports after all...

Pick Soccer. We can see who's worse.

1 minute ago, Dr. Morbis said:

He's using a turbo controller and playing on an emulator... so I personally don't count it as legit anyway; no way of knowing if it's single segment or a TAS...

Maybe @rdrunner could chime in here?  If anyone could destroy Pooyan on real hardware, it'd probably be him 😛

8 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

Do you mind sharing what the rules will be for the other two games?  I'd assume Soccer would be either best goal differential or most goals for on skill 5, but what would Hyper Sports be???

Events Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Tennis will not require mere pictures. It will require video proof and 6-0, 6-0s all around.
The only way a score that is not 6-0, 6-0 to count is if both players suck so much they can't do it against the CPU. In that case, highest score difference in the sets will win.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

He's using a turbo controller and playing on an emulator... so I personally don't count it as legit anyway; no way of knowing if it's single segment or a TAS...

The part that amazes me most is consistently getting the leaf to appear. I have made it appear but most of the time it won't.

Events Team · Posted

Do you mind sharing what the rules will be for the other two games?  I'd assume Soccer would be either best goal differential or most goals for on skill 5, but what would Hyper Sports be???

Hyper Sports will be highest score in one loop. If needed, the world records will be considered for tie breaker.
Soccer will be highest score differential at skill 5.

I have a feeling Hyper Sports would get tedious when there's seven events or whatever. Soccer is somehow looking better.