IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

18 minutes ago, Shmup said:

I thought it was VHS that was the next boom, that one already over and they're onto dvd?

People have caught on to VHS and now all the first press versions are ridiculous. Grab key titles on DVD, but they need to be first releases. 2008 circuit city The Dark Knight is a good one too.

3 minutes ago, Gulag Joe said:

IGS grades DVDs too as well as DVD sets (up to a certain thickness). I've already sent and received a bunch.

Shit. I sold all of my dvds, little by little to the pawn shop a long time ago. I remember Walmart used to sell them for $5 than $1 in a bin. Now all I see are blurays. Guess I better start hoarding blurays.

1 minute ago, AnimalHouse said:

Shit. I sold all of my dvds, little by little to the pawn shop a long time ago. I remember Walmart used to sell them for $5 than $1 in a bin. Now all I see are blurays. Guess I better start hoarding blurays.

I picked up blu ray dark knight too. I think most everything from 2008 on has a blu ray and regular DVD release, but most big titles have limited exclusive releases through places like target and circuit city. It's a longshot, but stranger things season 1 has a special release that came out in the form of a VHS case. It's pretty cool but it might be worth something one day too. I've been on these for the last few months.

• Like 1

Goldin is auctioning VHS right now, so we’ll see how that goes. I suspect it will do fine or better, but I know very little about it. In addition to IGS, I have seen a bunch in I think it’s VHSDNA? 

VHS I don’t have much nostalgia for. Maybe like 3-5 movies? Other than that, I associate movies with theaters. If someone starts grading those, watch out.

Edited by ExplodedHamster
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, ExplodedHamster said:

Goldin is auctioning VHS right now, so we’ll see how that goes. I suspect it will do fine or better, but I know very little about it. In addition to IGS, I have seen a bunch in I think it’s VHSDNA? 

VHS I don’t have much nostalgia for. Maybe like 3-5 movies? Other than that, I associate movies with theaters. If someone starts grading those, watch out.

Yea I haven't sent anything to VHSDNA. I should've grabbed a first press of Jurassic Park about 6 months ago when I had the chance. They were all over ebay for like $5 and now the pricing is stupid. I did grab it on LD though, remember those!? They used to be a million dollars!

28 minutes ago, ExplodedHamster said:

I personally would never understand VHS collecting. I know the same argument can be made for video games in that they're old and have been remade and stuff, but VHSs are just, i dunno, gross? Those things were such a PITA to watch, you had to rewind them and shit, the actual tapes would get dust on them, etc.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Code Monkey said:

If you want to get into movies, invest in HD DVD movies, there can't be that many of them. The format died shortly after the release of the PlayStation 3.

Agreed. HD DVDs became really cheap after losing the HD war. I remember buying hundreds of movies as a bundle for like $50s, back when I used to own a Xbox 360 HD DVD player extension. I haven't shopped for any in many years but kept a few on the side. Anyone remember the movie Streets of Fire?