IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

4 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Is this RETRO guy Seth Abramson? The same guy featured in all the Jobst videos with his weblog posts against Heritage and Wata? The same guy that calls into Pat and Ian each week asking them for their opinion on their top 10 X games?

So Karl references Seth's posts, Karl references Pat's videos and Seth leaves Pat voicemails. Seems like there's collusion here and Karl should specify that connection for monetary gain in his videos.

Yes it is. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Gulag Joe said:

Why haven't any of you called the police on Wata? Why are these alleged notorious criminals roaming free?

If you're not going to engage with me maturely I'm just going to assume you have no argument and ignore you.

I'm not here to fight. If you've got a genuine problem with the way the situation is being portrayed and can articulate that without resorting to strawman arguments and other fallacy than I am all ears and would love to hear you out. 

29 minutes ago, ExplodedHamster said:

For the general gaming community, they’ll probably never recover. But the very large majority of that community never would have used them to begin with, and I doubt the overall effect on their business will be negative, in fact it’s probably increased since September. What is a real threat is the operational issues combined with increased competition, namely CGC. But if WATA becomes PSA and games in their cases sell for more than games in other cases, people will suck it up and submit.

I see where you're coming from. It's going to be interesting to watch things play out. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WalterWhiteJr. said:

Did you take a lien out on the house to buy them slabs Joey? How leveraged are we these days? How much do we NEED this market to seem LeGiTiMaTe?

That's actually a good question. You know, speaking of investing, I listen to a great podcast on the subject entitled, appropriately "Game Investing." The show is dedicated primarily to buying and selling video games as an investment in one's financial portfolio. During the course the podcast, the excellent host, Hopper, identifies key issues he feels are important to treating video games as a tangible asset class and alternative investment. 

What's great about the show is Hopper doesn't always do it alone. In fact, sometimes he has special guests! These special guests typical proactively reach out to him and ask to engage in conversations about video games as an investment. Your comment jogged my memory because I thought perhaps I had heard of @Gulag Joe matching the exact description you have given him and others. 

So I went back, and I actually found a podcast from about a year ago, Episode dated October 20th 2020. Man, this is this a great one. The episode is entitled "Special Guest Frank Picks N64 Keys," and the podcast's description reads as follows:

"New father and lawyer, Frank, drops N64 education and dives into Nintendo's 3d platform, incl. 007, Mario, Super Smash, and five other hidden investment gems..."

During the episode, special guest Frank spends nearly an hour discussing his "holdings" and "positions" in sealed retro games for his "portfolio." At one point, he mentions that previously he had "five sealed copies of Zelda: Ocarina of Time," because he feels it is undervalued and a great long-term investment. He is excited to talk about "game investing specifics" for the N64. He then spends another half an hour discussing the best investments on the N64 library. 

Anyway, there's plenty more and you can see the generally idea of where the conversation went and what was discussed, but what's cool is sometimes people we hear on Podcasts turn out to be people we know on various social media spaces of forums! What struck me about this one is this Frank character mentioned he was a member of our very own VGS

So I went back and looked, and gosh, it turns out you're right. "Shout out to people over at VGS," he says, my name is "Gula..." ***Checks notes***..."WalterWhiteJr." 

Huh...

‎Game Investing: Special Guest Frank Picks N64 Keys on Apple Podcasts

2 hours ago, WalterWhiteJr. said:

*Cringe*

F98DB22E-C0A5-4A42-AE78-3C929B2E39C3.png

Edited by ExplodedHamster
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 3
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, ExplodedHamster said:

That's actually a good question. You know, speaking of investing, I listen to a great podcast on the subject entitled, appropriately "Game Investing." The show is dedicated primarily to buying and selling video games as an investment in one's financial portfolio. During the course the podcast, the excellent host, Hopper, identifies key issues he feels are important to treating video games as a tangible asset class and alternative investment. 

What's great about the show is Hopper doesn't always do it alone. In fact, sometimes he has special guests! These special guests typical proactively reach out to him and ask to engage in conversations about video games as an investment. Your comment jogged my memory because I thought perhaps I had heard of @Gulag Joe matching the exact description you have given him and others. 

So I went back, and I actually found a podcast from about a year ago, Episode dated October 20th 2020. Man, this is this a great one. The episode is entitled "Special Guest Frank Picks N64 Keys," and the podcast's description reads as follows:

"New father and lawyer, Frank, drops N64 education and dives into Nintendo's 3d platform, incl. 007, Mario, Super Smash, and five other hidden investment gems..."

During the episode, special guest Frank spends nearly an hour discussing his "holdings" and "positions" in sealed retro games for his "portfolio." At one point, he mentions that previously he had "five sealed copies of Zelda: Ocarina of Time," because he feels it is undervalued and a great long-term investment. He is excited to talk about "game investing specifics" for the N64. He then spends another half an hour discussing the best investments on the N64 library. 

Anyway, there's plenty more and you can see the generally idea of where the conversation went and what was discussed, but what's cool is sometimes people we hear on Podcasts turn out to be people we know on various social media spaces of forums! What struck me about this one is this Frank character mentioned he was a member of our very own VGS

So I went back and looked, and gosh, it turns out you're right. "Shout out to people over at VGS," he says, my name is "Gula..." ***Checks notes***..."WalterWhiteJr." 

Huh...

Nailed it. 

Petition to unban Hopper/gratongames/whatever he went by from VGS btw. I have no idea what he did but he's an entertaining character and can't be half as bad as the rest of you jokers. Dude just wants to learn about vidya game variants.

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Petition to unban Hopper/gratongames/whatever he went by from VGS btw. I have no idea what he did but he's an entertaining character and can't be half as bad as the rest of you jokers.

If that was the standard, nobody would be banned.

Hopper is awesome btw. Dude is a flat out machine and a super nice guy. 

9 minutes ago, ExplodedHamster said:

During the episode, special guest Frank spends nearly an hour discussing his "holdings" and "positions" in sealed retro games for his "portfolio." At one point, he mentions that he at one point had "five sealed copies of Zelda: Ocarina of Time," because he feels it is undervalued and a great long-term investment. He is excited to talk about "game investing specifics" for the N64. He then spends another half an hour discussing the best investments on the N64 library. 

Nailed it. 

Holy shit. My mind is literally blown (not really but I know some people hate when people misuse literally ;))!!!! What the actual fuck WWJr? I didn't listen to the podcast but have no reason to doubt explodedhamster I just wanted confirmation 53:45 for those who want to listen.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ExplodedHamster said:

Huh...

Nailed it. 

Lolololololol thanks for sharing this podcast, I'm listening to every single word of it right now! I think I missed the boat on the Zelda games!

• Haha 1

I'm literally dying laughing over here at the irony!

Forreal though, I really like all the points you make @WalterWhiteJr.! Super Smash was a game I targeted for a very long time but never successfully came across one before it went into the stratosphere. I had a saved search on it since 2010 but I think even then it was too late.

Edited by Gulag Joe

17 minutes ago, Shmup said:

Holy shit. My mind is literally blown (not really but I know some people hate when people misuse literally ;))!!!! What the actual fuck WWJr? I didn't listen to the podcast but have no reason to doubt explodedhamster I just wanted confirmation 53:45 for those who want to listen.

I’m reformed Shmup. I swears it!

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

5 minutes ago, WalterWhiteJr. said:

didn’t you also backdoor someone for a certain Zelda 1? I wOrKeD hArD aNd PuT iN tHe HoUrS!

people might buy your act. I don’t for a second. Never have. 

No lol. You keep talking about this, I never even tried to buy that game lol. I know who has it, he’s one of my good friends in the hobby. I don’t pull that shit, and people who have actually done business with me and know me can attest to that. I have no idea where you even came up with this.

3 minutes ago, WalterWhiteJr. said:

Really? So the $700k Zelda 1 that you auctioned off on HA. You didn’t backdoor someone for that?

Uh no. I bought it from someone I have known for a long time. Then you claim I bought some other VGA Zelda, dude I have no clue what you are talking about.

I would like some advice on how to best improve my Zelda positions. Do you charge for advice?