IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

2 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Just didn't expect to find Game of Thrones spoilers in here. 

I saved you 8 seasons of "Winter is Coming" bs, your welcome. 

4 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Only people who spoiled Game of Thrones was the fucking writers! 🤣

And the director. They could have easily stretched the show out a couple of more seasons.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Dumars2001 said:

This is from a big time sports cards collector/Youtuber who has recently entered the video game hobby.

Retro Game Dad really nails it. This is what a responsible content creator looks like and he hits every single point I've been trying to make about sealed games and graded game collecting as a whole. It probably won't even get more than 1,000 views because it's not a conspiracy theory. It's simple logic with a clear explanation. No paid actors being used as props or as some kind of authority, no MSMCP's, just a straight forward explanation that's well explained and clearly presented. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Dumars2001 said:

This is from a big time sports cards collector/Youtuber who has recently entered the video game hobby.

Ah yes, just who I want to tell me about video games. My 32 years of general interest and 15 years of hardcore collecting? Meh, just get the sports card guy's opinion!

• Haha 5
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1

Moderator · Posted
22 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Ah yes, just who I want to tell me about video games. My 32 years of general interest and 15 years of hardcore collecting? Meh, just get the sports card guy's opinion!

You didn’t watch did you? I’ve been in the game longer than you, and he has a nice take, which I absolutely think is true. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gulag Joe said:

Retro Game Dad really nails it. This is what a responsible content creator looks like and he hits every single point I've been trying to make about sealed games and graded game collecting as a whole. It probably won't even get more than 1,000 views because it's not a conspiracy theory. It's simple logic with a clear explanation. No paid actors being used as props or as some kind of authority, no MSMCP's, just a straight forward explanation that's well explained and clearly presented. 

I gave him two minutes to preview his point. He never did. Lost me. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, doner24 said:

You didn’t watch did you? I’ve been in the game longer than you, and he has a nice take, which I absolutely think is true. 

This is odd because I watched the whole thing and found it rather rambling, with very little actual information on the subject he was talking about, and lacking in an overall point...

His main idea seemed to be that graded video games are a good store of value, which might increase, and he wishes he'd bought in earlier?

What were we supposed to be learning here?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, OptOut said:

This is odd because I watched the whole thing and found it rather rambling, with very little actual information on the subject he was talking about, and lacking in an overall point...

His main idea seemed to be that graded video games are a good store of value, which might increase, and he wishes he'd bought in earlier?

What were we supposed to be learning here?

I actually gave him 4 minutes. Zero point being made. Zero argument being set forth. I don’t have the luxury to watch all day. Cut out the filler. Give your point initially. SUCK ME IN!!! Miss my gulag joe though. Just want to put him in my back pocket and bring him around to big box stores with me to identify switch variants. 

• Like 2
  • Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, WalterWhiteJr. said:

I actually gave him 4 minutes. Zero point being made. Zero argument being set forth. I don’t have the luxury to watch all day. Cut out the filler. Give your point initially. SUCK ME IN!!! Miss my gulag joe though. Just want to put him in my back pocket and bring him around to big box stores with me to identify switch variants. 

I haven't dove into any research on switch games because I never bought one to play. Got a ps4 instead. Though I don't collect anything past ps3/xbox 360.

27 minutes ago, doner24 said:

Whoops, my bad, my experience and knowledge means nothing because this mod has been collecting longer than me! How could I forget? Maybe you guys could put that on the front page, as a reminder, to keep us lessers in line?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Moderator · Posted
8 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Whoops, my bad, my experience and knowledge means nothing because this mod has been collecting longer than me! How could I forget? Maybe you guys could put that on the front page, as a reminder, to keep us lessers in line?

No one is minimizing your experience. The point was that even though someone has been in the game a long time, you can be open minded to someone’s opinion/experience, even if they have less time in the hobby. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

You started this whole thing by using your great and amazing experience to discredit and take a dump all over a video made by someone who collects video games but also collects sports cards.

"tHeY dOn'T kNoW aNyThInG cUz ThEy LiKe SpOrTs BaLLs CaRdS"

• Haha 1

Just now, doner24 said:

No one is minimizing your experience. The point was that even though someone has been in the game a long time, you can be open minded to someone’s opinion/experience, even if they have less time in the hobby. 

I agree with this, and it is certainly interesting to see where some of this "fresh thinking" on video game collecting is coming from.

I would still suggest that the content of the video is lacking in any critical insights however, it really only seems to be a case of "video games are worth money, and should be worth more as time goes by".

This basically seems to be the basis of the influx in interest from people from other hobbies, so I guess on that point it is a useful insight, to see where they are coming from.

But it's also so crude in delivery, lacking in information and/or a persuasive argument. It basically characterises these people in EXACTLY the way we have been describing them here, as completely out of their depth in this hobby...

I guess that won't matter if enough of them keep poking their heads in to the hobby and laying down some cash, if they can sustain that then yeah have at it I guess. But it really doesn't help inspire long-term confidence in the market, to me at least.

• Like 2