IGNORED

What's your #2 console?

Nintegageo

Since I'm excluding handhelds, it's just what you grow up with I guess, and I have been on the edge on what deserves the #1 and #2 slot for as long as I can remember so NES/SNES.  Whatever I feel is #1 at the moment, the other is just behind.  They just did so much for gaming, standards, births of amazing franchises that lasted, etc.  Personally just can't put it on anything else.

• Like 1

My actual second favorite system is the original Game Boy (the NES is my favorite), but if we're only counting consoles then my second favorite is the GameCube (which I gave a 9/10). It is my second favorite console due to the fact that it has a large number of Zelda, Sonic, and Resident Evil games, some great imports (Nintendo Puzzle Collection, Kururin Squash!, Adventure Island, etc.), and two of the best peripherals ever made for a console: the Wavebird and Game Boy Player. It also marked the debut of several franchises on Nintendo consoles, such as Sonic, Spyro the Dragon, and Tomb Raider.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 3

I can't break away from my childhood nostalgia enough to put the SNES anything other than #1.  But #2 is a close race between Xbox 360 and Gamecube - I feel like my love for consoles revolves around how comfortable their controllers are (which is why there will never be a Sony console in my top 5).

• Like 1

I've considered Nintendo's hardware for the last several generations to be #2 compared to the competition's offerings.  💩  Does that count?  😜

(Seriously, what's under the hood for a long while has been substandard compared to the horsepower offered by others.  First-party/"Nintendo"-style games might be popular and/or fun to play, but the systems have been underwhelming at best.)

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted

My #1 favorite console would be the NES.

My #2 is probably the Atari 2600

I love the quick arcade-style gameplay, the blocky graphics and sounds, and the eclectic library. I also like how the platform is popular enough to be accessible and relevant today, but not so popular that it has fallen victim to the obnoxious retro-gaming hype-storm that threatens my enjoyment of more mainstream systems.

Also because Gorf Golf.

-CasualCart

• Like 4