Reed Rothchild

Rate 'em   

52 members have voted

1. 1. Score explanations down below

Editorials Team · Posted
Image result for nickelback

Master thread with standings

Ratings key: 
10 - One of your very favorite artists of all time.
9 - Killer fucking band.  Or artist.
8 - Great sound, great songs, great albums.
7 - Very good, but not quite great.
6 - Pretty good.  More than a few songs you like.  You'd entertain the thought of seeing them live if they were in the area.  Or still alive.
5 - They're okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to listen to.
4 - Meh.  There may be a song or two, or an album that you dig, but you'd rather listen to other stuff.
3 - Not very good.  You will more likely than not turn the station if they come on the radio.
2 - Not your cup of tea at all.  Some people like this, but you are not one of them.
1 - Horrible in every way.
0 - In the running for worst artist/musician of all time.  You would rather take a cheese grater to your face than listen to this.

R.I.P. NintendoAge where someone tried to get the value of a Dreamcast signed by the lead singer and everyone basically said "The value of a Dreamcast, less the price of some alcohol and cotton swabs to clean it off!"

Anyway, I've always been annoyed by this band and their lyrics were cringe-worthy, which makes it worse. Not a fan, and I never was, even before it was a bandwagon-thing to hate on.

0/10

Administrator · Posted
27 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Never heard of em.

Are you being serious or joking - legit question hah 🙂

We need to get you out more.  Love em or hate em, Nickelback is infamous for just about everyone having some sort of opinion haha.

I gave em a 1 out of pity.  I almost feel bad for them and the hate they get.

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, spacepup said:

Are you being serious or joking - legit question hah 🙂

We need to get you out more.  Love em or hate em, Nickelback is infamous for just about everyone having some sort of opinion haha.

I gave em a 1 out of pity.  I almost feel bad for them and the hate they get.

Just a joke. 😛

I think a lot of people just enjoy piling on the hater bandwagon. I get that it's a meme, but some people drink the kool-aid so hard that they start to believe it too. All their songs kind of sound similar and they also sound similar to a lot of bands from their era (Matchbox 20, Creed, Lifehouse, Hoobastank, 3 doors down) So while there's nothing here to really get excited about, not really noteworthy enough to deserve the "most hated band on the internet" trophy.

7 minutes ago, G-type said:

I think a lot of people just enjoy piling on the hater bandwagon. I get that it's a meme, but some people drink the kool-aid so hard that they start to believe it too. All their songs kind of sound similar and they also sound similar to a lot of bands from their era (Matchbox 20, Creed, Lifehouse, Hoobastank, 3 doors down) So while there's nothing here to really get excited about, not really noteworthy enough to deserve the "most hated band on the internet" trophy.

Definitely agree.  They have generally catchier songs than a lot of the other samey-samey bands of their time.

I paid $5 to see them as part of a summer concert series in Atlanta, back in college.

Definitely worth the $5, just for the live outdoor concert atmosphere in a pretty decent downtown location. 

But not as good of a deal as seeing The Scorpions, Deep Purple, and Ronnie James Dio for $16 total at the same show 😛

There are relatively few bands I'd ever pay modern ticket prices for, and Nickelback doesn't make THAT cut, for sure 😛  (last one I actually paid for was getting to see ZZ Top locally -- but Weird Al, and a VERY short list of other would be able to extract the current rate of $50-$100/ticket from me)

• Like 2