IGNORED

Music Debate 35: Nickelback

Reed Rothchild

Rate 'em   

52 members have voted

1. 1. Score explanations down below

Events Team · Posted
48 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

I am really disappointed with @JamesRobot right now.

21 hours ago, Teh_Lurv said:

Sorry took me a minute to get my shit together and get in here. 

Deadpool is fucking 100% right.  Nickelback is fucking great and the Beatles would be 100% better off if they were produced by Nickleback and I'll fight any chucklehead bandwagon hater who says otherwise.  I own 3 Nickelback CDs. That's right!  I said CDs!  Nickelback CDs motherfuckers!

20191101_194214.thumb.jpg.568a32fd8ab9b1da4f5b4129aa9b1980.jpg

What do you get on $20 when you buy a 30 pack of Extra Gold?  A fucking Nickelback! 

Edited by JamesRobot
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JamesRobot said:

Sorry took me a minute to get my shit together and get in here. 

Deadpool is fucking 100% right.  Nickelback is fucking great and the Beatles would be 100% better off if they were produced by Nickleback and I'll fight any chucklehead bandwagon hater who says otherwise.  I own 3 Nickelback CDs. That's right!  I said CDs!  Nickelback CDs motherfuckers!

20191101_194214.thumb.jpg.568a32fd8ab9b1da4f5b4129aa9b1980.jpg

What do you get on $20 when you buy a 30 pack of Extra Gold?  A fucking Nickelback! 

The middle one is a blank CD, right?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jono1874 said:

I don't understand the vitriolic hatred for them you find online. That being said I don't enjoy thier music. It's just your run of the mill, crappy pop rock.

I always lumped these guys in with Three Days Grace for some reason. Now THAT is a shitty band.

Three Days Grace entirely, or when Adam left?

2 minutes ago, Jono1874 said:

I don't understand the vitriolic hatred for them you find online. That being said I don't enjoy thier music. It's just your run of the mill, crappy pop rock.

I can guarantee you that the guys in Nickelback do not give a shit about any of the online hate, at all. They are laughing all the way to the bank. They found a successful formula. Maybe in their early days they were true to some music scene or idea, but even at the time of the debut on Roadrunner Records, that formula was all but locked in.

There's a ton of hate online. But guess what? Somebody is buying these records. Millions of them. But few fess up.

On 11/1/2019 at 10:49 AM, arch_8ngel said:

But not as good of a deal as seeing The Scorpions, Deep Purple, and Ronnie James Dio for $16 total at the same show 😛

I saw that tour.  Friggin awesome show.  Easily in my top 10 all time concerts.  Probably top 5 if I think about it. 

Edit: oh yeah nickelback...Not very good but not as shitty as people claim.  I gave them a 3.

Edited by Hammerfestus
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

They're from Hanna, pretty close to where I live so people here are sick of hearing them. I honestly don't think they're that bad but I do think almost all of their songs sound the same. For people giving them a rating of 0, I can't take you seriously because they're definitely not one of the worst artists of all time. They have multi-million dollar record deals and platinum albums, their music is pretty popular with some people. I don't listen to much of their music and Cowboy Hat is probably the only one I really like but even though they're not great, you can't seriously say they're a 0.

Administrator · Posted
27 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

They're from Hanna, pretty close to where I live so people here are sick of hearing them. I honestly don't think they're that bad but I do think almost all of their songs sound the same. For people giving them a rating of 0, I can't take you seriously because they're definitely not one of the worst artists of all time. They have multi-million dollar record deals and platinum albums, their music is pretty popular with some people. I don't listen to much of their music and Cowboy Hat is probably the only one I really like but even though they're not great, you can't seriously say they're a 0.

Whether other people like them or not is irrelevant for this poll. A 0 on here is saying "I feel this way" not "they are absolutely the worst, objectively speaking".