IGNORED

Stray Thoughts

Hammerfestus

7 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

I'm moving Monday. I will NEVER move a game room again. If this isn't our "forever home" I'll just sell the collection, lol.

Did this five years ago, it was a nightmare. I still remember carrying 40 boxes of gaming junk up four flights of stairs.

• Haha 1

I got the swamp cooler up and running - I am on a roll - this is the second or third year I have not had to screw with the float very much.

In addition it is on ground level with three sides enclosed in a small alcove - so it is pretty easy to service and I only have to replace the pads every 4 or 5 years.

I have central AC but I like the feel of the swamp cooler more and it is certainly much cheaper to run.

On 6/2/2021 at 8:35 AM, Kguillemette said:

We had a cook walk out on memorial day, just got frustrated at how busy we were I guess. It's going to be a summer of no days off.☹️

65 hour work weeks, here I come! At least my wallet will thank me. I'll have my car paid off before the winter.

Just lost our prep cook to a medical emergency. No time table to if or when he is coming back. This shit is relentless! 

• Wow! 1

Administrator · Posted

I don't care for Sunny D nor have had it in years.  I haven't had Zebra Cakes in years either, BUT, I have no doubt that they are still yummy ha!  Also, Nutty Bars were really good.  

I remember saving up quarters, and walking to the nearby gas station when I was a kid and buying Little Debby snacks.  Good times.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

Try it sometime. Eeesh.

Lunchables? Still edible lol

I’m saying. I don’t like it. Tasted it many years ago, and yeah, no. I like some fake supersweet garbage but Sunny D is not it.

I’m ok with the lunchables.

On 6/4/2021 at 1:38 PM, CodysGameRoom said:

I'm moving Monday. I will NEVER move a game room again. If this isn't our "forever home" I'll just sell the collection, lol.

Just finished doing this and feel the same way.  The worst part is: moving is only a small portion of the overall work since you've got the tear down to do before-hand and the setup in the new place afterward...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tabonga said:

The banana and chocolate marshmallow pies that Little Debbie makes aren't bad - a clone of moon pies they are more common around here than moon pies are. 

I've never seen or heard of those. Around here, in the south, it's a Moon Pie or nothing in convenient stores.

I've always wanted to like Moon Pies but I hate bananas.  Can't stand the flavor (but fake banana candy is ok.)

I really wish I did like bananas though.  As soon as a recipe has even a little bit in it, it ruins the whole thing.  I like milkshakes when I can get them and a chocolate mint one from Chic-Fil-A is on of the best.  It makes me want to get a peach shake because that's a good flavor too but, dang it, something about the peach shake taste like bananas and it makes it gross.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RH said:

I've never seen or heard of those. Around here, in the south, it's a Moon Pie or nothing in convenient stores.

I've always wanted to like Moon Pies but I hate bananas.  Can't stand the flavor (but fake banana candy is ok.)

I really wish I did like bananas though.  As soon as a recipe has even a little bit in it, it ruins the whole thing.  I like milkshakes when I can get them and a chocolate mint one from Chic-Fil-A is on of the best.  It makes me want to get a peach shake because that's a good flavor too but, dang it, something about the peach shake taste like bananas and it makes it gross.

Around here you usually just see Little Debbie stuff by the box in grocery stores.   There used to be a bakery outlet near me that sold Moon Pies by the box (usually vanilla, chocolate or banana) but they couldn't operate with the city restrictions from the virus on them.

I prefer moon pies but LIttle Debbie clones will do in a pinch.   Once in awhile I will see moon pies in a gas station but they get pricey buying them individually.

• 2 weeks later...
Editorials Team · Posted
On 6/6/2021 at 8:03 PM, Mega Tank said:

There's certain foods that are just nasty as an adult. Zebra Cakes being one of them. Have you ever had any Sunny Delight as a kid? If so, drink it as an adult. I know the recipe has changed, but it is just nasty lol

Sunny D was always nasty.  What even is that shit?