IGNORED

Stray Thoughts

Hammerfestus

59 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

I wonder if the rudder has a "jam" setting?

A bit pricey though - they send you a bit at a time over 24 months at $70 a month.*  And the display case is extra. I wonder if they will make the Tirpitz too?

*You do get a $5 discount on the first kit they send you,  

Oh wow. I almost loved model building as a kid. I say almost because I was terrible at painting. I just don't have the hand-eye coordination. Something like this that's prepainted would be up my alley.

Great! Another hobby to consider getting into.

8 minutes ago, RH said:

Oh wow. I almost loved model building as a kid. I say almost because I was terrible at painting. I just don't have the hand-eye coordination. Something like this that's prepainted would be up my alley.

Great! Another hobby to consider getting into.

One of the Ace Hardware stores near me has some Metal Earth models - more my speed and certainly easier on the pocketbook.

https://www.metalearth.com/

10 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

One of the Ace Hardware stores near me has some Metal Earth models - more my speed and certainly easier on the pocketbook.

https://www.metalearth.com/

My wife buys stuff like this on Aliexpress, outrageously cheap. Like $3 shipped for small ones. Crafts and models are such a better value hobby than collecting video games.

Some of the big expensive (relatively) ones look amazing

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002193612927.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.1.1f75284bXI5IbG

12 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

My wife buys stuff like this on Aliexpress, outrageously cheap. Like $3 shipped for small ones. Crafts and models are such a better value hobby than collecting video games.

Some of the big expensive (relatively) ones look amazing

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002193612927.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.1.1f75284bXI5IbG

My girlfriend is all about 3d puzzles. These look like they will keep her occupied for hours. You just did my Christmas shopping for me

6 minutes ago, Andy_Bogomil said:

I wish basic cellphone plans would go down in price for less service rather than maintaining a base price or continuously going up with better plans. I'm still grandfathered in to a 100mb/month data plan for $25 because I don't want to pay $40/month for 8gb.

Mint mobile works great for me. $15 a month gets me 4GB. Unlimited whatever else. 

Left Verizon where I was paying something stupid like $180 for two lines. We did pay both our phones off before coming to mint but it still would have been something like $120. 

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Mint mobile works great for me. $15 a month gets me 4GB. Unlimited whatever else. 

Left Verizon where I was paying something stupid like $180 for two lines. We did pay both our phones off before coming to mint but it still would have been something like $120. 

I wish we had prices like that in Canada. I'd be constantly drunk, streaming HD videos if I lived in the States. Can't afford that up here.

37 minutes ago, Andy_Bogomil said:

I wish we had prices like that in Canada. I'd be constantly drunk, streaming HD videos if I lived in the States. Can't afford that up here.

Ohhh Canada yeah I hear the prices up there are redic for data. I'm glad I work from home I really only ever need data at the gym cause their wifi be janky

• Like 1

12 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Ohhh Canada yeah I hear the prices up there are redic for data. I'm glad I work from home I really only ever need data at the gym cause their wifi be janky

Yep, one reason I am not crazy about upping my data... Wifi at work and home, so I only really use data for checking email/messages/maps when I am out and about.

50 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

I think these would look great on both sides of my garage door.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274805727890?hash=item3ffbb2a292:g:Er4AAOSwTyBgZev5

THAT is awesome.  OTOH, it feels a bit pricey since it's a (very good) replica.  But on the other hand, it is a screen used "Disney" prop so I know that adds value.

If I had the abundant, expendable cash, my house would be getting some fake ramparts and my wife would just have to find a way to make it "look pretty" in the front yard.

🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RH said:

THAT is awesome.  OTOH, it feels a bit pricey since it's a (very good) replica.  But on the other hand, it is a screen used "Disney" prop so I know that adds value.

If I had the abundant, expendable cash, my house would be getting some fake ramparts and my wife would just have to find a way to make it "look pretty" in the front yard.

🤣

Don't forget to add sandbags and a loophole in your door.