IGNORED

Stray Thoughts

Hammerfestus

• 1 month later...

What would you do?  There’s been a horrible smell that smells like rotting…something…outside.  At first we thought someone was cooking rancid seafood.  It started when it got warm.  The first day it was overwhelming.  After that I’ve noticed it on the southern boundary of the yard in whiffs.  So I thought, I recently had moles exterminated so maybe this was the stench of the carnage that ensued.  But — but, I was out with my girl working on learning to ride her bike and the smell got stronger and peaked at the next door neighbors driveway.  So.  Should I call the police?  Should I be concerned that my neighbors are hiding a dead body?  Would I be negligent in not reporting this to the proper authorities?  

18 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

What would you do?  There’s been a horrible smell that smells like rotting…something…outside.  At first we thought someone was cooking rancid seafood.  It started when it got warm.  The first day it was overwhelming.  After that I’ve noticed it on the southern boundary of the yard in whiffs.  So I thought, I recently had moles exterminated so maybe this was the stench of the carnage that ensued.  But — but, I was out with my girl working on learning to ride her bike and the smell got stronger and peaked at the next door neighbors driveway.  So.  Should I call the police?  Should I be concerned that my neighbors are hiding a dead body?  Would I be negligent in not reporting this to the proper authorities?  

How many days has it been? Can you still smell it today? Are there any garbage cans or such around? Do you talk to the neighbors?

7 hours ago, Link said:

How many days has it been? Can you still smell it today? Are there any garbage cans or such around? Do you talk to the neighbors?

It’s been like a week.  I don’t really talk to the neighbors but I think I’ve determined the source of the death stench.  We were downtown for a hockey game this afternoon and on a walkway lined with flowering trees very similar to what they have in their front yard.  The death stench was present there too.  It’s got to be that tree.  I can’t remember now if I go through this every spring.  This is only going to strengthen my household argument that I need to invest in a chainsaw.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

It’s been like a week.  I don’t really talk to the neighbors but I think I’ve determined the source of the death stench.  We were downtown for a hockey game this afternoon and on a walkway lined with flowering trees very similar to what they have in their front yard.  The death stench was present there too.  It’s got to be that tree.  I can’t remember now if I go through this every spring.  This is only going to strengthen my household argument that I need to invest in a chainsaw.

Is it a ginko?

Administrator · Posted
12 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

No need; just pound a copper nail into it and you won't have this problem next Spring.

3 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

No need; just pound a copper nail into it and you won't have this problem next Spring.

I’m failing to see how that gets me a chainsaw 😆 my current strongest argument is that the only thing that stops a bad guy with a chainsaw is a good guy with a chainsaw.  I’m not winning.

On 5/7/2021 at 9:41 AM, CodysGameRoom said:

I'm in the process of selling my house. If all goes well, I'm gonna have a new and improved game room, way better than my old one. When I get it set up, I can post some photos. 

Send your good vibes! 

Someone recently liked this so I'll just mention that this did happen and my gameroom is way cooler now.