IGNORED

Stray Thoughts

Hammerfestus

On 6/8/2022 at 1:28 PM, Tabonga said:

We are going to have a hot weekend so I decided to fire up the swamp cooler.  (I am sure my environmentally oriented fans here will be happy to know that while I have central AC I never use it - the swamp cooler is much more satisfactory on any number of levels) - since I had just got out of the hospital I didn't drain it properly and the supply line broke when it froze (I had  my brother take off the special spigot) so I had to replace it.  No one had a 50' run of the copper tubing so I replaced it with a vinyl line which seems to work fine.   

Why would the environmentally oriented fans object?  I mean, didn't we phase out freon and other bad for the ozone layer sorts of things decades ago?

One of Captain Planet's PSAs did puzzle me though...the one where they urged you to paint and draw a leaf on a postcard and send it to your Congress(wo)man/Senator/whatever with Ma-Ti saying "We will be heard!" with Cap being showed with all those postcards.  Aside from the obvious wasting paper, a picture of a leaf doesn't really mean anything.

And one of my all time pet peeves during my time at UK (or "microaggression" as I guess they're now called) is when a group/club would pass out little slips of paper advertising their meeting or whatever, and inevitably they'd all get littered all over the ground.  Can you imagine how especially irritating this would be if this were an environmental sort of group (in the 2000 election the Green Party/Nader campaign was fairly popular at the time)?  Use posters on walls or billboards or something!!  Geez...  Not to mention whenever I'd have to walk behind a smoker on the way to class or something...no matter what direction we were going or which way the wind blew, the smoke seemingly always went right into my face! 😞  I mean, doesn't that kinda sorta count as pollution also?

• 2 weeks later...

I've lined up a copy of Paper Mario Color Splash that I'll be picking up during the week! This month I'm aiming for the Wii U Mario spin-offs.

Something I'm bidding on ends in the afternoon today! 😨

The last few Wii U guides I want to buy are going to take some time to track down. 😔

Designing male Miis has been a lot more difficult than female Miis due to a lack of hairstyles.

That's it for now. 👍

Edited by Lynda Monica

Oops! - Get out the sun screen!  (And I wonder how this will affect the long term life of the panels?)

https://news.yahoo.com/thing-too-much-sun-solar-122857776.html

Double up the oops!

https://biz.crast.net/california-went-big-on-rooftop-solar-this-posed-an-environmental-hazard-in-the-process/

(For what it is worth used blades from wind turbines are also problematic in terms of disposal.   Maybe they can be painted and used as lawn art?)

Edited by Tabonga

• 3 weeks later...

Dear lord I hate having to be on full alert until 10:00PM because Intelcom delivers so stupidly late. I can't enjoy my evening because I have to keep an ear out for parcels, just to make sure they don't sit out overnight and get stolen. It really is amazing how poorly designed parcel delivery is at times. They also ALWAYS come super late, and their window is 8:00AM to 10:00PM, but it's more like 8:45PM to 10:00PM.

On 8/17/2022 at 8:42 PM, a3quit4s said:

Wife and I are playing SMB3 which she may have never played before. She had Sega growing up which explains this next comment. 

Wife: I think the original Mario bros is better than this.

Me: ….

Me: HOW DARE YOU!

The arcade game with crabs and flies coming out of the pipes? That's a pretty good game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...