IGNORED

Stray Thoughts

Hammerfestus

This looks like an ideal work truck......

https://www.businessinsider.com/ford-f150-lightning-towing-electric-truck-downside-youtube-video-2022-10

I bet this would do really well in the mountains (with or without a trailer (laden or unladen)).

A new XT version is $75k while a used 1 year old with 9k miles is $41k.
They really need to paint these white and put  trunks on them.
Edited by Tabonga

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Administrator · Posted
12 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

I didn't really see a better topic to post this so I figured I'd mention Amazon has a lot of this years new release movies on sale for blu-ray and 4k, for $9.99 or near that. In case anyone else is crazy and collects physical media movies like I do as well. 

I collect physical movies as does @Reed Rothchild, but unfortunately Canada usually gets different (or no...) sales compared to the US.

• Sad 1

Just now, Reed Rothchild said:

Thanks for the call-out.  Pretty good spread.

https://www.blu-ray.com/deals/?category=bluray

It's hard because I really don't want to buy movies I already bought on DVD and Blu ray.  Tired of upgrading.

But I did get my boys the Sonic movies.

Yea they had a lot of newer stuff I didn't pick up yet. So I grabbed whatever I needed. I mean for $10 a bluray you can't really go wrong as long as the movie is actually good.

• 2 weeks later...

This is pretty scary.

The last few times I went to the Safeway near me I noticed there were very few shopping buggies.   

Today I went to breakfast and stopped there afterwards - there were none in the store and none in the parking lot - either loose or in the bays. I finally followed someone who was leaving and grabbed that one.

When checking out I asked the clerk what happened to them all and she said they had all been stolen.

Edited by Tabonga
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I hate paying for car insurance. It's a steep price to pay for something that you only benefit from by having an accident.

I just paid mine and the house insurance at the same time.  Pretty steep increases - I suspect it was a combination of inflation and the after effects of Ian.  Plus Colorado has had the highest rate of auto thefts (per capita) nationwide for the last couple of years.  I think we are a contender for catalytic converter thefts too.

1 minute ago, Tabonga said:

I just paid mine and the house insurance at the same time.  Pretty steep increases - I suspect it was a combination of inflation and the after effects of Ian.  Plus Colorado has had the highest rate of auto thefts (per capita) nationwide for the last couple of years.  I think we are a contender for catalytic converter thefts too.

My car insurance actually went down compared to six months ago, but it was still pretty steep given the age and mileage of the car.

Events Team · Posted
On 11/16/2022 at 12:01 PM, Tabonga said:

This is pretty scary.

The last few times I went to the Safeway near me I noticed there were very few shopping buggies.   

Today I went to breakfast and stopped there afterwards - there were none in the store and none in the parking lot - either loose or in the bays. I finally followed someone who was leaving and grabbed that one.

When checking out I asked the clerk what happened to them all and she said they had all been stolen.

My Safeway seems to be a magnet for theft.  Not long ago they had a dude fill up a buggy full of meat and just ran out the door with it. 

40PvAX7.png

• Haha 1

i don't know what this Safeway is going to do - they don't seem to have ordered new carts (which would likely vanish also)- unless  those are now hard to get (I have heard scattered reports that this is a problem in lots of places) or they are trying to figure out a way to protect them.   But they are going to lose customers since there are quite a few grocery stores in the immediate area.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2022 at 12:01 PM, Tabonga said:

This is pretty scary.

I went to that Safeway this morning and they have bought a few new carts with locking wheels (they had these before and they vanished too).

The difference is now they will lock as soon as you go out the door (the earlier ones locked at the perimeter of the lot) - they have a guy stationed there and you leave the cart with him and go get your car,   Then he will carry the stuff out to your car.   Slight pain in the butt but it is preferable to not having a cart at all.

Life is somewhat depressing around here.

The city of Denver got hit* (and is getting hit)  with a small wave of "migrants" from El Paso (the term is used somewhat loosely as of late) which precipitated the mayor announcing an emergency decree in order to set up emergency shelters (since we are in a cold snap the existing shelters were filled with the existing homeless). Supposedly this is costing the taxpayers of Denver $800 k just off the top.  While I am not a Denver resident this doesn't directly affect me - but the mayor of that fine "sanctuary city" is already trying get his fist in the state and federal tills - which does effect me.

I got a broadcast call last night at midnight from the Lakewood PD advising me to close my blinds, shut out the lights, don't answer the door, report any prowlers and shelter in the basement.  From what I could fathom  (the call was sorely lacking in specifics) someone  must have been driving around shooting at houses randomly.  I turned the lights out (which I had turned on when I answered the phone) and went back to bed since the initiating incident was quite a distance from me.   Never did get a call saying things were all clear so if I had gone in the basement I could still be there.  I couldn't find any reference on the web either last night or this morning.

*Apparently these guests have not been shipped here by the state of Texas but by some private charities in El Paso who didn't want to deal with them - by some apparently random process the charities decided that Denver really needed them - they sent them with nothing extra (no blankets, coats,  etc,) to a pretty cold area - and they didn't notify anyone that they were on the way.

**How I was supposed to look out for prowlers from the basement was not made very clear.

• 4 weeks later...