IGNORED

Goldin Auctions Video Game Consignment Director Introduction & NEW AUCTION - I'm here to help & make us all money!

Events Helper · Posted
29 minutes ago, Jared_Goldinauctions said:

I'm here to help and hopefully provide you guys with the chance to buy some really cool stuff.
Like any auction - some things will go cheap and others will melt faces. 
No reason to be so negative IMO. I pull for heritage/rally and all video game sales.

That's the thing, we don't wanna buy expensive games 😆  you are targeting the wrong audience!  I hear Nintendo Age was bought by some comic book nerds, might do better over there 😉  We here "nerds" want the people buying all this stuff to lose their asses and then buy it back and free the games from the tombs they are in.......but hey, prolly not gonna happen unfortunately, but we can dream, and dream big 😉 

1 hour ago, saiyok said:

Creepy little shit heads, most nerd comeback ever. 

Glad to see heritage not having a monopoly on the market and goldin doing vga games as well.

Sorry it butt hurts you guys for some strange reason though, probably going to be more auctions doing well off games, hope it won't keep you up at night forever.

Ps. I'm a PROUD nerd. Some of you are clearly in massive denial.

hmmmmmm.......I love video games, does that make me a nerd, i think what really makes us angry is our hobby is now getting screwed up by folks that are "speculating" and trying to make money!  I sold an ogre battle 64 to someone for 80 bux, which is what i spent on it, when it was priced for $120+ on the sites that show what the "value" is.  Sure I could have made $40 but if I made someone's day then by god, or whatever deity you believe in, I am happy with that!  Not everything in life is about making money, sometimes its about making friends along the way and helping out the next person so they can pass it on and maybe, you know, not have to wait for some damned auction to try and get a game 😉 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, saiyok said:

Glad to see heritage not having a monopoly on the market and goldin doing vga games as well.

Sorry it butt hurts you guys for some strange reason though, probably going to be more auctions doing well off games, hope it won't keep you up at night forever.

I personally don't have any horses in any games, whenever I speak on these things I'm purely speaking the facts when I can. 

I can't stand monopolies, and agree that heritage having one would suck. Goldin can do as they please IMO

At the end of the day, these are businesses we're talking about. They're out to make money. From my perspective however and as I've said before, this group of people have been burnt before by companies coming in and claiming similar things to Goldin. Just wanna help the community, etc.. Does that mean Goldin is full of shit? No, not necessarily. But people here are definitely going to be in a "prove me wrong" stance way before they get into a "yeah sounds legit" stance. 

I have my own hangups about certain companies, but honestly the only big one is that I don't like Cibs being graded. Sealed, fine, but CIB impacts me personally, and goes against how I feel about playing games. A really nice CIB should still be opened to play the game every once in a while IMO. I totally get slabbing sealed games however, that makes perfect sense to me. 

Anywho. If anyone here seems butt hurt, I assure you it's not for no reason. From Goldins perspective, I'd try to take it as an opportunity to prove people wrong in a positive way. Now that'd be cool. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 4

9 hours ago, Murray said:

Is he a northerner too?

No clue. I would try to find out but I have no sealed Japanese Dreamcast games to bribe him with. 😩

Unless you meant Ted. That is something I also do not know. Besides the fact he is a fellow Californian, I have no clue if he left the chicken coop... I mean the Love Boat... I mean stopped asking Fonzi for help... I mean what he is doing next. 🤔

Edited by FenrirZero
Jumping the shark, man. I had to jump the shark.

Looks like these auctions have a 30-minute rolling end. lol F that.

You must place an initial bid on an item before 10:00 PM Eastern Time on auction closing day to be eligible to bid on that item during the extended bidding period that starts at 10:00 PM. If you are the only bidder on a given lot at 10:00 PM then that lot is automatically closed out and you are declared the winner. At 10:00 PM Eastern Time, the 30 Minute Rule starts and EACH lot will close individually. After that, the lot goes for 30 minutes with no new bids. Whenever a new bid is placed, the 30-minute timer will be reset and the countdown will restart. If you are the current high bidder on a lot and you change your ceiling bid after 10:00 PM, this will not extend the bidding time, only a bid placed by another bidder or a higher "straight bid" placed by the current high bidder will reset the ending time on that lot.

6 hours ago, saiyok said:

To be honest, you being called a 'shit head' is an upgrade to what you sound like. 🤔

I mean you sound more like a self-entitled millennial that'll flame Hot Topics because they will not hire them, for reasons tied to their behavior, than a nerd. Because actual nerds are not daft enough to use the term as a derogatory, much less excuse that by saying they have 'pride' in being one. Then again, nobody else here is daft enough to believe that the term "butt hurt" is an intelligent thing to say in a forum. Any forum. Okay, just ones that have smart people using them.

As for anything tied to @Jared_Goldinauctions... I am giving both him and the auction house a hard time because of the Sellersville Auction House fiasco. But I am also the type to give them a chance, with reasons being the fact that Ken Black is the COO of the grading company I chose to use. With reasons being that CAS does a great job not trying to copy CGA, Inc. when it comes to grading, doing cases, and the like.

Plus I should point out that I am an otaku, not a nerd. If we skip the fact I can develop levels of burnout, among the other issues I do face, my love of video games has me go beyond just seeing them as such. There are also the hopes of attending events, speculating what the next game in a series that I do play will be like, and more. With the additional fact that most of these "nerds" have motivated me to be the type of collector I always wanted to be.

But even then... Nope, I cannot say it.

Your behavior annoys me more than the fact that Wata is patting themselves on their collected butts in thanks to the fact HA has barred VGA, CAS, and UKG from their auctions.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, FenrirZero said:

To be honest, you being called a 'shit head' is an upgrade to what you sound like. 🤔

I mean you sound more like a self-entitled millennial that'll flame Hot Topics because they will not hire them, for reasons tied to their behavior, than a nerd. Because actual nerds are not daft enough to use the term as a derogatory, much less excuse that by saying they have 'pride' in being one. Then again, nobody else here is daft enough to believe that the term "butt hurt" is an intelligent thing to say in a forum. Any forum. Okay, just ones that have smart people using them.

As for anything tied to @Jared_Goldinauctions... I am giving both him and the auction house a hard time because of the Sellersville Auction House fiasco. But I am also the type to give them a chance, with reasons being the fact that Ken Black is the COO of the grading company I chose to use. With reasons being that CAS does a great job not trying to copy CGA, Inc. when it comes to grading, doing cases, and the like.

Plus I should point out that I am an otaku, not a nerd. If we skip the fact I can develop levels of burnout, among the other issues I do face, my love of video games has me go beyond just seeing them as such. There are also the hopes of attending events, speculating what the next game in a series that I do play will be like, and more. With the additional fact that most of these "nerds" have motivated me to be the type of collector I always wanted to be.

But even then... Nope, I cannot say it.

Your behavior annoys me more than the fact that Wata is patting themselves on their collected butts in thanks to the fact HA has barred VGA, CAS, and UKG from their auctions.

🤣🤣🤣

I'm defending the op of this topic from flaming, sorry you live in a capatalistic world, I hate it aswell but that's how the world you live in works if you haven't realized it yet. The same people bitter are the ones that don't have games to sell and the opposite are the ones happy they do and can make life changing money

Ok boomer... When did self entitled millennial become worse than shit head 🤣

When did using a term to describe yourself and jokingly using it at other people on a forum that was previously a massive niche become derogatory. I have a massive games collection and have been collecting for 12 years and many people in my personal life have called me a nerd for years and i have embraced it and laughed along side them. Sorry it upsets you and you find it derogatory.

I would say butthurt is as intelligent as self entitled millennial considering the run that you fking boomers got.

I think the Otaku (actually had to google that word) comment sums up what I'm saying nicely in matter of fact.

Sorry my behaviour annoys you, even though I know other members of this forum find your behaviour massively annoying. All your posts have this wierd anti social introverted style and its kind of funny until we keep having to read them more than twice.

I mean I annoy you more than something that I'm defending?

You had years to buy super fucking cheap games, if you didn't have the money in the passed decade I doubt you're worthy to own them in the next.

Hope your bumhole doesn't hurt too much after the goldins auction sales.

Edited by saiyok
  • Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, saiyok said:

🤣🤣🤣

I'm defending the op of this topic from flaming, sorry you live in a capatalistic world, I hate it aswell but that's how the world you live in works if you haven't realized it yet. The same people bitter are the ones that don't have games to sell and the opposite are the ones happy they do and can make life changing money

Ok boomer... When did self entitled millennial become worse than shit head 🤣

When did using a term to describe yourself and jokingly using it at other people on a forum that was previously a massive niche become derogatory. I have a massive games collection and have been collecting for 12 years and many people in my personal life have called me a nerd for years and i have embraced it and laughed along side them. Sorry it upsets you and you find it derogatory.

I would say butthurt is as intelligent as self entitled millennial considering the run that you fking boomers got.

I think the Otaku (actually had to google that word) comment sums up what I'm saying nicely in matter of fact.

Sorry my behaviour annoys you, even though I know other members of this forum find your behaviour massively annoying. All your posts have this wierd anti social introverted style and its kind of funny until we keep having to read them more than twice.

I mean I annoy you more than something that I'm defending?

You had years to buy super fucking cheap games, if you didn't have the money in the passed decade I doubt you're worthy to own them in the next.

Hope your bumhole doesn't hurt too much after the goldins auction sales.

And yet... You are the only person who can see the fact you are full of shit. The rest of us can only see that your own neck is plugging up your own butt hole. 🤔

For beginners, those who do not abuse their brain cells (like you have chosen to do) know that your "defense" of @Jared_Goldinauctions is anything but that. If you were to defend him you'd have made an effort to prove that Goldin Auctions is a good alternative to every other auction house not mentioned here. You didn't, and instead made the most moronic response (to me of all people) that proves you are using both to excuse your need to flame others.

Lets use your own moronic attacks on me as an example.

Those who know me were told that I have Asperger's. Look it up. Plus I am also the guy that is promoting Collector Archive Services (click here) as an alternative to both VGA and Wata Games. And that I sold off a majority of any video games I have left just to have my literal 'holy grail' be graded by them. Despite the fact I am the definition of what it means to be an otaku when it comes to Dragon Quest as a whole.

And let me keep it simple: This topic (click here) is enough proof to denounce any claims your attacks are justifiable in any way, shape, or form. Because the person who did it has a history of attacking anything that is a "credible threat" to Action Figure Authority. As opposed to your excuses use both Jared and Goldin Auctions as an excuse to use your head as a butt plug while you attack anybody you have yet taken the time to know.

So yeah... My butt hole is fine. I suggest that you get a proctologist to remove your head from yours.

Because maybe then you'll realize that everything you have said here is both a contradictions to your own claims, as well as a disservice to those you claim to be defending. 👍

33 minutes ago, Jared_Goldinauctions said:

If you're really burnt on game prices buy some VHS tapes.

We will be featuring those in our auction also.
Emerging market - obviously has its issues like games - but makes sense IMO

Personally speaking, I am currently reinvesting some of my time in the graded toy market. Just because the franchises that have a chance to bounce back are generally low to mid-risk if purchased graded. But that is based on what is purchased graded more than the fact it was graded. 🤔

Then again, I sold the majority of my video game collection in hopes of covering the cost to have my "holy grail" graded. 😅

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jared_Goldinauctions said:

@FenrirZero
What toys?
I like super soakers and Jurassic Park - dates me. 

As we speak... Takara's "C-307X" Nucleon Quest Super Convoy.

I got it for cheap because it is an "under the radar" piece where the Japanese secondary market is concerned. It also came out in November, 2001, was limited to 1,000 pieces, and is a Toys"R"Us Japan "10th birthday" event item. I have been hunting for one (since 2016) that was MISB, in 80+ or higher condition, and was below current secondary market prices. Plus I have found that between AFA, UKG, and CAS... Only 1 has been graded (AFA 85). Which makes mine the second one to be graded (if things go as planned); first through CAS.

No current clue beyond that, even though the upcoming Ghostbusters movie has me eyeing that franchise as of late.

Other than that I can recommend the early Jurassic Park stuff. Especially since Sam Neill and Jeff Goldblum are reprising their roles in Jurassic World: Dominion. With hopes that the latter of the two will help Blue find an apartment.

5 hours ago, Jared_Goldinauctions said:

If you're really burnt on game prices buy some VHS tapes.

We will be featuring those in our auction also.
Emerging market - obviously has its issues like games - but makes sense IMO

Funny enough, I started doing this with sealed Yugioh, Pokemon and DBZ VHS.  Provided a super fun alternative at much lower prices than most games these days.