IGNORED

Goldin Auctions Video Game Consignment Director Introduction & NEW AUCTION - I'm here to help & make us all money!

Hello All, my name's Jared Mast with Goldin Auctions - I have been tasked with the tremendous opportunity of creating a Comic/Video game/Nonsports card auction for Goldin!

This is a chance to get in on the ground floor of what will be one of the strongest auctions in the Video Game sector for years to come. 

I'd like anyone to reach out to me regarding questions of our new auction, consignment rates, referral programs or anything along the lines of what we are creating with Goldin.

Lets give this platform a stage it finally deserves!

You can help - and I will not forget that you did so before everyone jumped on the bandwagon. Rates will be locked in, auction placement treatment & other special consignment arrangements will apply. 

Ask away!

Is the plan to do continuous auctions for video games moving forward, or a single "mega auction" in the coming months.  Sorry, I read your initial post a couple of times and I'm not sure which you mean.

Edit: also curious as to what kind of help you are looking for or what benefits may apply.

Thanks!

Edited by Maertens29

Hey Maertens - we plan on running quarterly auctions of Pop Culture. This will include Comics/Video Games/Non Sports TCG Cards & Entertainment items. 

I am looking for consignments for the auction! I'd offer a referral program to anyone who gets started prior to our first auction lunching. 

So if you know anyone with material like I just stated and they consign we will cut you a check! So if someone consigns a 100k game - you'd get 3k just for telling them about us. 

I also will give you the best consignment rate possible!

Administrator · Posted
10 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

@Gloves I highly suggest monetizing these types of posts somehow. 

Good luck with your auctions OP

If we monetize it, we support it. If we support it, we can't shit on it. 

I never want to be in a position where we can't say "Service X sucks" openly and as much as we want. 

As it stands, the site runs fine with the revenue from subscribing members, so monetizing stuff isn't really top of mind tbh. 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, Gloves said:

If we monetize it, we support it. If we support it, we can't shit on it. 

I never want to be in a position where we can't say "Service X sucks" openly and as much as we want. 

As it stands, the site runs fine with the revenue from subscribing members, so monetizing stuff isn't really top of mind tbh. 🙂

That's when you shave the monetization off the top. Something something absolute power corrupts. You're not thinking big enough.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are not exclusive to one grading company! We believe having one company in any regard for authentication is hurtful to the market/hobby.

As for why us -

Our cross marketing strategies are the best in the business. We have strategic partnerships with major influencers such as Logan Paul - incredible investment backing such as Kevin Durant, Mark Cuban & others.

WE ACCEPT CRYPTO!

Goldin Auctions was just re-tweeted by Dave Portnoy of Barstool this weekend for a non-sports card sale in our auction. The stage is ready and waiting for this market. 

This has been a dream of mine as a collector, video game player & overall fan of pop culture since I entered this hobby - I guaranteed no one provides the service I will and gives you the marketing/upside that our auction provides. 

Everyone and anyone who gets in early on this auction will be rewarded. Either you will believe and get on the bandwagon now or we will meet down the road my friends. I just want to help this sector and give video games/comics & non sports cards the platform they deserve. 

Edited by Jared_Goldinauctions

Every bidder starts with a credit limit - then must build up business with us to have it increased. IP checks are performed, along with mandatory credit card entry.  We have a very low reneg rate for that reason, along with very strict banning policies. 

We accept credit card, crypto (BTC & ETH), check ect - so we are not limited like other venues. 

22 minutes ago, Jared_Goldinauctions said:

Every bidder starts with a credit limit - then must build up business with us to have it increased.

so your first auction ---- all the expensive games will go to card collectors instead of game collectors bc your site has been primarily not video games --so the card collectors will get a lower price bc the game collectors wont be able to go past their limit

• Wow! 1

Nope! Anytime a bidder would like to raise limits we can do so with a phone call & verification of funds! 

That policy stated is our standard policy. We adjust credit limits all the time, but if you just showed up and didn't call - you would start at 1000 unless you had a referral source. 

We make it safe for bidders and sellers. If someone wants something and has the funds we will make it happen. 

Our bidder base is also top of the line - I would not be worried about getting top dollar or your reach at all.

I understand your thought process, but we would not limit qualified bidders- so it's a non issue.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jared_Goldinauctions said:

Nope! Anytime a bidder would like to raise limits we can do so with a phone call & verification of funds! 

That policy stated is our standard policy. We adjust credit limits all the time, but if you just showed up and didn't call - you would start at 1000 unless you had a referral source. 

We make it safe for bidders and sellers. If someone wants something and has the funds we will make it happen. 

Our bidder base is also top of the line - I would not be worried about getting top dollar or your reach at all.

I understand your thought process, but we would not limit qualified bidders- so it's a non issue.

that's great news. i wish you guys a lot of luck. The hobby is missing transparency. alot of places take weeks or months to get back to you so just the customer service aspect is like night and day

i have a lot more questions probably the biggest is:

ok you have a nonpaying bidder with an item that did not sell. How is the seller informed about their 'no sale'

is the public told the item didnt sell? what is the definition of "Final Price" "Lot is Closed" --- means currency was exchanged?

Edited by SealedWholesale

I like to be right in the fire - if people have issues with our Pop Culture sale I want to know. Being left in the dark when this stuff means so much to us all sucks. 

If an item doesn't sell it does as 0 price so it doesn't disappear. You can see all results after our sale - even if reserve not met. 

We use the same verbiage for paid or unpaid lots - "Lot is closed"

We have less than .01% of auction items with reserves so it's not something you'd have to really worry about on our platform. 

Events Helper · Posted

Forgive me if i missed it, but are you a collector @Jared_Goldinauctions  Feel free to point me in the right direction, but I am genuinely curios.  Also, feel free to ignore me, but honestly, and I know it is something everyone wants to get in on, but this type of stuff kinda hurts the hobbyists 😉.  Not trying to be combative here, just legit want to know if you actually collect video games or not.  I am only just now seeing this thread anyway, i have no dog in the fight, it is gonna happen regardless whether or not I want it to.  Anyway, enough rambling.  Do you collect video games?  🤨  

Hey Jeevan, I do collect video games. I was born into a collectors family (music memorabilia - mostly 60's-70's).

I started in music, along with Pokemon cards. I started buying games about 5 years ago with loose N64 cartridges and worked my way up from there. 

I am a dealer & a collector. Very few things are not for sale - but my sealed Pokemon games are one of them. Along with Turok lol. 

I'm sure that will age me!

Events Helper · Posted

🙄

if i were as young as you.......    🤣

Well, I don't like sealed etc. so this doesn't interest me, but good luck!  Welcome, and hopefully you aren't here just to auction stuff 😆 but if you are I understand

Wish i had gotten into it prior to the big boom, this stuff isn't helping me as a collector/hobbyist.  I am going full N64 right now.......got any for sale?  👀

Events Helper · Posted
9 minutes ago, Jared_Goldinauctions said:

I don't blame you for N64 - the boxes were so condition sensitive and the price hike made them like gold in the 90s. 

Anything i have will be in the sale to help the cause! Sorry! 

traitor!!!!!!!    I only kid, but fine!  link me the auction and do an @Jeevan when you do auction them off, although somehow i think it will not be worth it on my end!

So the way to get your auctions going is to buy a top collection and use it as the headline for your first auction. Once people see the crazy prices the rare games have gone for, they beat a path to your door.

I know DreamTR was offering to sell his Nintendo collection at one time. He has every single game CIB for every Nintendo system.

Or you could buy mine for 500k........................Arcades and all.

1 hour ago, RpgCollector said:

So the way to get your auctions going is to buy a top collection and use it as the headline for your first auction. Once people see the crazy prices the rare games have gone for, they beat a path to your door.

nah all they have to do is pick a animated character that looks like a famous franchise in the video game world and pick 1 or 2 holy grail games to promote in the auction that go well with the signature game

some kind of golden character or something gold ---- i cant come up with anything clever

joking aside all they have to do is get rare games and let them sell for market rate and everything will be golden