IGNORED

Goldin Auctions Video Game Consignment Director Introduction & NEW AUCTION - I'm here to help & make us all money!

45 minutes ago, Jared_Goldinauctions said:

@tidaldreams We are going to be incorporating that into our new site. You are correct - it doesn't show you the total until your invoice is issued. Please be aware of that!

@darkchylde28 I'm here to help you consign/sell. How ever we want to word that. I just don't like the way the title is worded and I want to clarify. I understand the questioning on it.

Then isn't whoever assigned you your title and job description totally off base with what you're doing?  If your sole role is to assist people in signing up to be able to sell/consign things, and not at all to help them attain a profit (more or less the sole point of it going to auction), then the bit about you being here to help people make money is off base, as you're really at the level of a clerk who is there to assist with filling out forms.  If you are truly there to help people make money, then based on where you work, if you're doing your job well, they should be turning a profit based on your assistance.

Sure, this might seem pedantic and a bit of word soup, but really, depending on which version of the explanation of what you do and what you're trying to accomplish as a result, so is that.  The takeaway I've always had of your role based on this thread was you were here to try to get people excited about maximizing the amount of money (profit) they would make by putting their stuff up for auction at your auction site, which takes a chunk of that if/when a sale completes, making you/your company money as well.  So, all in all, a little like a car salesman, but convincing people to put their cars on his lot on a consignment model.  Am I close?

If I'm in the ball park and you guys are claiming you're not about profits, you're absolutely terrible at your jobs and in the wrong business or lying so as to present a nicer, friendlier face to the public that they're more willing to deal with (versus other places in the same business or other businesses which employ the same sort of tactics but carry abysmal reputations with the public).

Some folks might just overlook all the schmoozing in your responses, but the way I'm looking at it as I read between the lines is now asking you not to pee on my leg and tell me it's raining.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Jared_Goldinauctions said:

@Jeevan @CodysGameRoom I think you guys are misinterpreting me. When you sell a game - you get paid in money. Therefore you are turning a game into money. Making a profit is not what I am talking about either. 

28 minutes ago, Jared_Goldinauctions said:

@darkchylde28 Businesses are for profit. I am not claiming that we don't make money. As I stated I am here to help you sell - once again how ever you want to word that! 

Not trying to piss on your leg my man. 

There seems to be a disconnect between your general offer to everyone of helping them make money with their games, then saying in the top quote that making a profit isn't what you're talking about.  I really hope you do have everyone's actual best interests at heart, but can't help but read somewhat between the lines given your careful phrasing and always nonplussed attitude, regardless of what anyone says.

• Agree 1

@darkchylde28 Making a profit  "when you sell your games"is not what I am talking about either. 

Not trying to get into a word war or paint a picture any other way than what it is. Sorry if I'm confusing you/anyone. I understand the questioning like I said. 

Edited by Jared_Goldinauctions

Hey @Jared_Goldinauctions, I saw some feedback in discord that the buyer's fee is not really disclosed very prominently. HA for e.g. apparently shows the total you'd be paying with buyer's premium included at the time you bid. Seems like it would be good for Goldin to do the same, to make sure nobody is bidding without realizing they're actually committing to pay 20% over the dollar value they're bidding. WDYT?

2 hours ago, AdamW said:

Hey @Jared_Goldinauctions, I saw some feedback in discord that the buyer's fee is not really disclosed very prominently. HA for e.g. apparently shows the total you'd be paying with buyer's premium included at the time you bid. Seems like it would be good for Goldin to do the same, to make sure nobody is bidding without realizing they're actually committing to pay 20% over the dollar value they're bidding. WDYT?

Yeah, that's what I was saying. This is super sketchy IMO. other auction houses besides heritage don't even have a BP so the price you see is the price you pay and they only tack on a nominal fee (~3%) if you pay by CC.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, tidaldreams said:

Yeah, that's what I was saying. This is super sketchy IMO. other auction houses besides heritage don't even have a BP so the price you see is the price you pay and they only tack on a nominal fee (~3%) if you pay by CC.

I think ComicLink does? And also doesn’t show it until checkout. I could be wrong, but that is my recollection. It’s on the smaller side, though.

2 minutes ago, ExplodedHamster said:

I think ComicLink does? And also doesn’t show it until checkout. I could be wrong, but that is my recollection. It’s on the smaller side, though.

Yeah they do and some other ones as well. If you pay with a check, they don't charge you any fees other than shipping. I doubt they are smaller than this goldin auction. But this one seems more geared toward the ballers, us plebeians can't afford.

@tidaldreams @Xjwebb1982

No problem!

This is something that will be shown in real time on the new site. In the current build (simple auctions), this is not an option. 

To try and combat this issue I am sending out new register emails to all that sign up during the course of the auction (still working on this merge). 

I also will invite new users to a Zoom call where I will go over the nuts/bolts of our system to try and help any new users.

I am also very open to suggestions on how to delivery this message so please feel free to chime in.  

Events Helper · Posted
42 minutes ago, Jared_Goldinauctions said:

@tidaldreams @Xjwebb1982

No problem!

This is something that will be shown in real time on the new site. In the current build (simple auctions), this is not an option. 

To try and combat this issue I am sending out new register emails to all that sign up during the course of the auction (still working on this merge). 

I also will invite new users to a Zoom call where I will go over the nuts/bolts of our system to try and help any new users.

I am also very open to suggestions on how to delivery this message so please feel free to chime in.  

BE LIKE WATA.....except be transparent 

• Haha 3

On 8/30/2021 at 10:59 PM, Ricky Winterborn said:

Except that 95 and 9.8 A++ are not the same thing. There have already been examples of 95+ SM64s not crossing well into WATA.  There is no guarantee when it comes to crossing over into other grading services. 

I think by Goldin placing the 9.8 A++ as the #3 lot, they’ve clearly chosen the most valuable of the two. 

On 8/30/2021 at 11:03 PM, blarky said:

Can you please source, or give more details of these 95+ SM64's crossings?

On 8/31/2021 at 12:05 AM, Ricky Winterborn said:

Sure.  Unfortunately, I need to protect my sources.  I realize it sounds cloak and daggery, but it’s their personal story to tell and not mine.  You can also read others’ crossing stories in this very forum where things didn’t work out as hoped. Of course that’s not always true.  That’s the nature of the objective system that grading is. Sometimes the needle slips past where it should be or just doesn’t quite hit the mark, and the next grader has to grade what they see.  WATA has 2 separate grades. One for the seal and one for the box. VGA doesn’t have that kind of breakdown in their 100 digit scale.  Those two grading scales sometimes just don’t line up the way you’re expecting. 

However, I urge anyone considering on bidding on the VGA in hopes of a successful crossover to fully understand the risk involved. 

@Ricky Winterborn Sorry I guess I was trying to understand if you meant SM64 95 or 95+.  Theres only one SM64 95+ that's known (at least according to the grading pop that was being passed around).  And the person that owns it would never cross it to WATA lol.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Gulag Joe said:

Less than 5 days left on the Goldin Auction and it looks like the prices are in line with HA prices at this point, at least for the most part. Stunned at the SNES Mortal Kombat sitting at 39k. No games in the millions yet but Mario and Mario 64 are pushing toward 500k. Exciting!

Id argue the vga95 mario 64 is still criminally « undervalued » especially when comparing to the 9.8 A++. 

other than that pretty strong all across yes!

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

On 9/14/2021 at 12:28 PM, Jim Jimmer said:

Id argue the vga95 mario 64 is still criminally « undervalued » especially when comparing to the 9.8 A++. 

I agree. With VGA they are super strict on how they give out those 95, 95+, and 100s. Where as Wata will give a game a 9.8 even it the overall look would not grade a 95+ via VGA, UKG, or CAS. All because they do that "wrap" grade.

And to be honest, if VGA and UKG use a system similar to what CAS uses for their "+" and non-"+" grades, a 95 is pretty much a 95.0 to 97.4 on the grading scale. And if you consider the fact that AFA themselves say that a 9.5 on their own scale is not a 95, that 9.8 A++ could be anywhere from a 90+ to a 95+.

Which has me feel that you are right on the fact it is criminally undervalued in that case.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 9/14/2021 at 7:43 PM, Gulag Joe said:

Less than 5 days left on the Goldin Auction and it looks like the prices are in line with HA prices at this point, at least for the most part. Stunned at the SNES Mortal Kombat sitting at 39k. No games in the millions yet but Mario and Mario 64 are pushing toward 500k. Exciting!

Don't sleep on that Nes first print (Black Seal) WATA 9.4 Super Mario Bros 2. It is sitting at $61,000. I expect in to go well north of a $100,000. We will see!

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Dumars2001 said:

Don't sleep on that Nes first print (Black Seal) WATA 9.4 Super Mario Bros 2. It is sitting at $61,000. I expect in to go well north of a $100,000. We will see!

One sold on Comic Connect a few weeks ago at $90k.  Also remember the 20% is added to all of these prices so it's already sitting at $73,200 out the door.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2021 at 2:28 PM, Jim Jimmer said:

Still an issue of people not understanding these different grading companies.  A VGA 95 or 95+ is probably the most difficult grade to get across the board. I would take a VGA 95 over a WATA 9.8 A++ in a blind pick, just knowing how VGA is. Oh well... Someone with a shit load of money is about to really make out here 😁😁

• Agree 4

3 hours ago, jonebone said:

One sold on Comic Connect a few weeks ago at $90k.  Also remember the 20% is added to all of these prices so it's already sitting at $73,200 out the door.

What was the grade for the one that sold on Comic Connect? If it was also a WATA 9.4, i have to imagine the one currently on Goldin will go for more, cuz of more publicity on it, Goldin's name and countless more people bidding on it.