IGNORED

Goldin Auctions Video Game Consignment Director Introduction & NEW AUCTION - I'm here to help & make us all money!

Administrator · Posted
7 hours ago, Jared_Goldinauctions said:

Thank you everyone!
We will be focusing heavily on the community and education.
I am open to all suggestions as far as what content everyone would think is best to educate less knowledgable collectors entering the space.
We are trying to grow the hobby - this is a big step for video games in our opinion! 

Just FYI, and I know you probably weren't here for it and have no clue what I'm talking about, but this group of people (that is to say, a lot of users on VGS) have heard exactly this before. Right before their home was sorta set ablaze. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

How come all the auction websites look like they came straight out of 1997?

it’s probably an industry culture thing. Not very tech savvy executives looking for the bare minimum. Don’t know enough to ask or care lol

I am not here with Dogecoin lol.
I have legitimate excitement for what we are building.
We are trying to do this right. I am asking for feedback that can be useful and implemented from you guys!
Remember - a rising tide lifts all boats. 

Edited by Jared_Goldinauctions

1 hour ago, Jared_Goldinauctions said:

I am not here with Dogecoin lol.
I have legitimate excitement for what we are building.
We are trying to do this right. I am asking for feedback that can be useful and implemented from you guys!
Remember - a rising tide lifts all boats. 

Legitimate excitement? That's a new one for me. I guess you've just been faking excitement the past several Father's Day's then, or even any time your husband / wife does something for you?

Legitimate excitement, wtf is that supposed to mean? Dumbest thing I've heard all day.

• Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 1

@spacepup: Gonna have to ask you to clarify the rolled eyes, sir.

According to dictionary.com, here is the definition of excitement:

1. an excited state or condition.

2. something that excites.

That being said, saying something brings about "legitimate excitement" is ignorant; it falls into the same category as "I could care less" and "he literally blah blah blah" even though it wasn't "literally". "Legitimate excitement" is in the same category, yet a billion times worse, as the majority of the population doesn't even say this. 

• Eyeroll 1

Administrator · Posted

Do you realize how unnecessary, and negative it is, to pipe in to a thread about a particular subject, and point out a small detail like that, calling it the dumbest thing you've heard all day?  It is derailing and frankly, rude and disrespectful.

I don't care about the phrase and I'm not going to debate it here.  Take that nonsense elsewhere. 

• Like 2
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, spacepup said:

Do you realize how unnecessary, and negative it is, to pipe in to a thread about a particular subject, and point out a small detail like that, calling it the dumbest thing you've heard all day?  It is derailing and frankly, rude and disrespectful.

I don't care about the phrase and I'm not going to debate it here.  Take that nonsense elsewhere. 

You know what else is disrespectful? Getting snarky and acting like an asshole and douche towards me (on here and in other circles with vgs members) when I decided to buy an XBox game for myself that you had passed up. You made me out to be an asshole and in the wrong, but I offered it to you first, and you weren't willing to pay $110 for it, so why get pissed when I bought one and paid $130, especially after trying to help you out, for free? That's, as you put it, frankly rude and disrespectful. Just staying.

Edited by fcgamer

Administrator · Posted

I'm a bit surprised at your level of anger and I don't know where it is coming from.  If you are referring to Daemon Vector, I was able to get that from someone else for somewhere around that price.  Regardless of that, this is certainly not the place to air the comments and thoughts you've made.   Please take these or any other concerns elsewhere.  This thread should not be derailed or hijacked further. 

21 minutes ago, spacepup said:

I'm a bit surprised at your level of anger and I don't know where it is coming from.  If you are referring to Daemon Vector, I was able to get that from someone else for somewhere around that price.  Regardless of that, this is certainly not the place to air the comments and thoughts you've made.   Please take these or any other concerns elsewhere.  This thread should not be derailed or hijacked further. 

Yeah, you got it from OptOut, no use in playing pretensies. The fact is, I tried helping you out for free, you said the price was too high (though it was actual price...not a cent more), then when I bought one for myself, which cost even more, you decided to make snarky remarks to numerous folks, as if I were some sort of back-stabbing bad guy grabbing the game I had first promised to help you get - yet ironically enough, I paid more than what you were initially offered, and you even turned down the cheaper price. EFF, I wouldn't have even charged you the fifty cents for the bank transfer for payment...

So if you want to talk about "frankly rude and disrespectful" as you yourself out it, you should look in the mirror at yourself, as the above situation definitely described it to a tee.

I'm actually not at all angry about anything, I'm just pointing out that if you want to throw stones at my house, you better first check to see whether you are living in a glass house (which you are) or not.

Honestly nothing else to say, and my apologies to the OP, though I would honestly recommend he choose better language phrases in the future, as using correct phrases is important when trying to look like you are a real business.

Edited by fcgamer

10 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

though I would honestly recommend he choose better language phrases in the future, as using correct phrases is important when trying to look like you are a real business.

As far as his "language phrase" goes, whatever that's supposed to be, I think the reason he called out his excitement as legitimate is because people were implying that he was just pretending to be hyped to try to drive people to his company's auctions. So he was trying to counteract that by explaining that he had legitimate excitement (not fake excitement just to try to drum up a profit).

IDK. Seems fine to me. Whether or not it's true or just more PR, only Gond knows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Khromak said:

As far as his "language phrase" goes, whatever that's supposed to be, I think the reason he called out his excitement as legitimate is because people were implying that he was just pretending to be hyped to try to drive people to his company's auctions. So he was trying to counteract that by explaining that he had legitimate excitement (not fake excitement just to try to drum up a profit).

IDK. Seems fine to me. Whether or not it's true or just more PR, only Gond knows.

(ignoring the tone police going on for a minute lol)

That's also a totally reasonable interpretation. My general stance is that, while Jared may genuinely want to get involved with the community, they are still operating at the behest of a business whose chief motive is to increase their premium auction fees as much as possible.

While I love it when the community is hype, the important thing to remember is that markets driven by hype create a lot of losing scenarios for buyers. When markets reach all time highs it should be time to take a very heavy grain of salt with every statement on future value and the success of that market: no one is a fortune teller, after all. Especially the guy working for the auction house.

Edited by inasuma
  • Like 3

@Jared_Goldinauctions? There are a few things I am willing to point out. And unlike that one grading company promoter, I am certain that you did more research on this business model than they did with theirs. Which I will end by saying that the company I am supporting includes Ken Black, who knows the pitfalls when it comes to this type of business model.

As for advice... The one piece I can offer is one that was said to me: "Never use a promise that you cannot guarantee as a means to promote anything."

In this case get straight to the point on what the business is, what makes it different from others, and why those things should be the reason your potential target audience should give it a chance.

It's that simple.

In this case the part where you claim you can help us make money (i.e. the title), I would have instead talked about service options, fees, and anything else that helps those who want to sell make money. And instead of trying to create hype, I would have instead talked about what is being done to make buying/selling easy.

I mean, for example, have the app give a bidder warnings that they were outbid. Or even notify them that an "out of auction" offer was made, with an option to accept it or not. And have a warning saying that not getting those notifications are of their choosing. Because those who do not have their self-entitlement appeased will whine about it. And that itself can kill any hype that was built up.

Beyond that... I wish you guys good luck. And do advise that you talk to Ken Black.

• Love 2

Administrator · Posted
16 minutes ago, ERROR said:

@Jared_Goldinauctions

I saw a post by that fake grading company IGS that you guys are auctioning off their vhs tapes?  You realize that’s one guy that bought IG followers that grades his own stuff and shills his eBay listings of his own stuff right?

Please tell me that’s not true.  

Yeah, here right? 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRCwSoXB10Z/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

What a sham lol. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, ERROR said:

@Jared_Goldinauctions

I saw a post by that fake grading company IGS that you guys are auctioning off their vhs tapes?  You realize that’s one guy that bought IG followers that grades his own stuff and shills his eBay listings of his own stuff right?

Please tell me that’s not true.  

I don't see any difference between IGS and Wata.

1 hour ago, Gulag Joe said:

I don't see any difference between IGS and Wata.

i mean, for better or worse, at least wata has a clear and active pipeline to market lol

also wata's label, while i hated it at first, has actually grown on me. meanwhile igs has... whatever the hell that label is