IGNORED

Goldin Auctions Video Game Consignment Director Introduction & NEW AUCTION - I'm here to help & make us all money!

7 minutes ago, inasuma said:

i mean, for better or worse, at least wata has a clear and active pipeline to market lol

also wata's label, while i hated it at first, has actually grown on me. meanwhile igs has... whatever the hell that label is

It's all the same thing. One has an arguably better website. Other than that, it's just a person deciding what they think of your item.

• Like 1

Teaming with IGS just made Goldin Auctions a joke for game and collectables. It wreaks of desperation to get a piece of the pie and having no idea what you're doing. 

Look at the submittal form...it advises you to send your items to some dude's house. Theyve blocked many people online for asking any questions about this.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Startyde said:

Teaming with IGS just made Goldin Auctions a joke for game and collectables. It wreaks of desperation to get a piece of the pie and having no idea what you're doing. 

Look at the submittal form...it advises you to send your items to some dude's house. Theyve blocked many people online for asking any questions about this.

Holy shit. You really aren't joking. It's legit a house. Why in the world would I send things that have so much value to a random house in LA? On top of their website being absolutely horrid. It's so crazy to me we have all these companies/people trying to get into this collectible space but none of them spend the time/money to build a halfway decent brand or website.. 

3 hours ago, Startyde said:

If this is true I am sure happy I decided not to send anything to them. Curious if Jared will speak to this. 

And IGS looks like a literal dumpster fire. 

• Haha 2

Lol, never understood why anyone would send anything to the rando companies that keep popping up. Here's a hilarious example for pokemon cards. 

SGC 10 Hidden Fates Charizard $260 from a 12k feedback seller: https://www.ebay.com/itm/184881085754

PSA 10 Hidden Fates Charizard $885 from "only" a 326 feedback seller: https://www.ebay.com/itm/402919686574

Both are auction format that ended within 1 day of each other, yet the PSA version sold for 4x the price 🤣

7 minutes ago, tidaldreams said:

Lol, never understood why anyone would send anything to the rando companies that keep popping up. Here's a hilarious example for pokemon cards. 

SGC 10 Hidden Fates Charizard $260 from a 12k feedback seller: https://www.ebay.com/itm/184881085754

PSA 10 Hidden Fates Charizard $885 from "only" a 326 feedback seller: https://www.ebay.com/itm/402919686574

Both are auction format that ended within 1 day of each other, yet the PSA version sold for 4x the price 🤣

If you're a VHS collector and want your items graded and encapsulated, IGS is the only bar in town.

1 hour ago, tidaldreams said:

This is actually a pretty poor example. SGC has a long track record and is actually well respected in the graded card space. Plus, smpratte bought an SGC 10 pristine 1st edition base zard for $360k, a record setting price at the time.

Compared to IGS, which is run out of some dude's house in LA. rofl

EDIT: sidenote, that sgc 10 charizard is kinda beat up on the back. not surprised it sold so low. but these things happen, even with companies as prolific as psa. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 12.02.44 PM.png

Edited by inasuma

20 minutes ago, inasuma said:

This is actually a pretty poor example. SGC has a long track record and is actually well respected in the graded card space. Plus, smpratte bought an SGC 10 pristine 1st edition base zard for $360k, a record setting price at the time.

Compared to IGS, which is run out of some dude's house in LA. rofl

EDIT: sidenote, that sgc 10 charizard is kinda beat up on the back. not surprised it sold so low. but these things happen, even with companies as prolific as psa. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 12.02.44 PM.png

Well, that goes to show you how reputable the company is if they are giving 10's to cards looking like that. I personally would never send anything to them. I wouldn't send anything to CGC or Beckett either but that's more of an investment decision rather than those companies not being reputable.

If a SGC 1st edition zard went for $360k, then the PSA versions are probably north of half a mil by now. Although, if one had a 1st edition zard, sending it to SGC rather than PSA seems like one of the stupidest investment decisions one could ever make.

16 minutes ago, tidaldreams said:

Well, that goes to show you how reputable the company is if they are giving 10's to cards looking like that.

PSA has this problem too though? Here's a PSA 10 rocket zard that went to auction recently with pretty poor looking edges on the back.

The issue is that all of these companies are third party and run complex operations. I wouldn't draw the line at one company because they fucked up on a grade - they all do it, even today. PSA just happens to be the market leader.

16 minutes ago, tidaldreams said:

If a SGC 1st edition zard went for $360k, then the PSA versions are probably north of half a mil by now. 

I'll believe it when there's a sale. AFAIK the highest sale on a PSA 10 was $380k from Goldin, in March. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyway, I just don't see how SGC is some "rando" grading company when they've been around for decades at this point.

Edited by inasuma

11 minutes ago, inasuma said:

PSA has this problem too though? Here's a PSA 10 rocket zard that went to auction recently with pretty poor looking edges on the back.

The issue is that all of these companies are third party and run complex operations. I wouldn't draw the line at one company because they fucked up on a grade - they all do it, even today. PSA just happens to be the market leader.

I'll believe it when there's a sale. AFAIK the highest sale on a PSA 10 was $380k from Goldin, in March. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyway, I just don't see how SGC is some "rando" grading company when they've been around for decades at this point.

That's a really old PSA cert in the 20mm range. This again comes down to knowing what you're buying. Obviously such an old cert might have issues like you mentioned. The newest certs in the 60mm range or even starting around the 40mm range would never have issues like this.

35 minutes ago, inasuma said:

We're kind of getting off topic, but I agree with you @tidaldreams. Today PSA is far less likely to put out bad PSA 10s.

That sad, SGC is still not at all comparable to IGS. 

I have a few psa 10 cards that look like they should be 9s. And I have a bgs 9.5 gem mint that should be a pristine 10, and yet at the same time I have another bgs 9.5 gem that should be an 8.5! They all have their issues but that prob comes with the territory of having more than one person grading stuff.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Startyde said:

Damn it's just a biggish suburban house and Zillow's estimate is $2.5m. You guys who live in LA are baller as hell. I wouldn't buy separate real estate for my tape business either!

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Damn it's just a biggish suburban house and Zillow's estimate is $2.5m. You guys who live in LA are baller as hell. I wouldn't buy separate real estate for my tape business either!

Good money in graded VHS apparently or plenty of other fraudulent schemes to pay the bills!

37 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Now look up the corporate address on the main page. Wanna venture a guess why that addy is different and an office park?

Surely some questions begin to form, questions IGS blocks you from asking. 

Edited by Startyde

Um... @Jared_Goldinauctions...

So you guys are owned by PSA now... And so is WATA...

https://www.actionnetwork.com/news/psa-grading-parent-buys-video-game-grader-wata

So... Just HOW bad should we expect the collusion, price pumping and shady FUCKING BULLSHIT to get over there at Goldin Auctions exactly?

This fucking racket is getting sicker by the day, fuck!

Life Its Worse GIF

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/14/2021 at 10:18 AM, OptOut said:

https://www.actionnetwork.com/news/psa-grading-parent-buys-video-game-grader-wata

So... Just HOW bad should we expect the collusion, price pumping and shady FUCKING BULLSHIT to get over there at Goldin Auctions exactly?

Life Its Worse GIF

Isn't PSA's parent company owned by Blackstone? Why didn't they go balls to the wall and just buy Heritage instead?

On 7/14/2021 at 7:18 AM, OptOut said:

Life Its Worse GIF

oh cmon dude

• Thanks 1