IGNORED

Goldin Auctions Video Game Consignment Director Introduction & NEW AUCTION - I'm here to help & make us all money!

1 hour ago, Jared_Goldinauctions said:

I'd suggest all sports games be submitted @ERROR

Especially ones with good art/cover athletes. This is going to work guys - if you think about the cross over potential like Error - you will not be disappointed in a few months. 

You guys only will sell slabbed? I got a sealed Madden, not sure where I want to unload it at though.

Careful not to fill the whole auction up with low grade poo.  

I would be selective and find the right top stuff.    This is make it or break it.  

I don’t know how many times I watch HA weeklies and miss stuff I want cause I can’t take hours of the junk.  

@ERROR

We have an impressive gathering already. I'm looking to fill the gaps as our marketing push will start in a few weeks. So if anyone wants in prior to that engagement - please DM ASAP.

We already have plans of placing a game in a very big time influencers hand prior to sale. I expect mainstream coverage and a new light brought to the market.

LFG!

Field-of-Dreams.jpeg

On 4/28/2021 at 2:34 AM, 1upped said:

Interesting.  Kudos for selling both VGA and WATA.  A lot of the old timers have quite a build of VGA games and don't want to spend the money to cross.  Looking forward to the first auction of games.

I am also happy that Goldin will accept VGA graded games, but I am sure potential sellers will still observe which company (WATA or VGA) will bring the better COMPS between the two companies and of course crossover to WATA, if WATA games are still garnering a significantly higher sales amount compared to VGA, but still great to know that Goldin will accept VGA.

Video game grading is probably going to become like sports cards, like PSA, BGS, etc.

Edited by Dumars2001

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Jared_Goldinauctions said:

Our auction date is set!

August 10th - August 21st. 

Content coming soon 🙂 

I’m keen to see how an auction goes with both VGA and WATA going at it together. This should give the graded games market some much needed calibration on the overall values of games. 

Good luck with the auctions!

7 hours ago, GPX said:

I’m keen to see how an auction goes with both VGA and WATA going at it together. This should give the graded games market some much needed calibration on the overall values of games. 

Good luck with the auctions!

CertifiedLink and Comicconnect both do mixed auctions. HA is the only auction house that is Wata exclusive.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone!
We will be focusing heavily on the community and education.
I am open to all suggestions as far as what content everyone would think is best to educate less knowledgable collectors entering the space.
We are trying to grow the hobby - this is a big step for video games in our opinion! 

On 4/27/2021 at 6:14 AM, Jared_Goldinauctions said:

I'd suggest all sports games be submitted @ERROR

Especially ones with good art/cover athletes. This is going to work guys - if you think about the cross over potential like Error - you will not be disappointed in a few months. 

Somehow I misssed this before. There are no guarantees with any auction, especially with video games.

Just throwing this out there, but I hope folks don’t take Jared’s word as gospel here and do their best to educate themselves before jumping into this auction (and Goldin) on singular market segments like Sports or on unprovable claims like “you will not be disappointed.”

Also, remember Jared works for Goldin so it’s in his (and Goldins) best interests to hype us and the market up. At the end of the day, Goldin wins both in the short term and long term by getting as many market segments, both internal (VGS, classic game collectors in general) and external (eg, sports card and comic collectors and investors) to play along, even if it’s to the hobby’s or collector’s detriment. 

Not accusing Jared or Goldin of bad intentions, just trying to be a realist here.

Educate yourselves so you don’t fall into a trap. I know you mean well Jared, but graded games have been extremely volatile over the last few years and it takes five brain cells for anyone to see that. The last thing we need is people losing in the market because of hype and unfounded speculation.

Okay, rant over. lol

Edited by inasuma
  • Like 3