IGNORED

Goldin Auctions Video Game Consignment Director Introduction & NEW AUCTION - I'm here to help & make us all money!

Looks like there are some issues in paradise...

Dear Goldin Customers,

I’d like to introduce myself - my name is Ross Hoffman and I am the new CEO of Goldin.

Last night, we did not do our job and I want to apologize for letting you down. Our commitment is to provide you with the highest quality, authentic and trusted trading cards, collectibles and memorabilia in a fun, easy and safe way. Due to overwhelming traffic, our site crashed and we failed to deliver. Fixing this is our #1 priority.

In response to our site being down, we delayed the auction one day to give everyone across our global audience an equal opportunity to bid, irrespective of time zone.

• Wow! 1
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, tidaldreams said:

Dear Goldin Customers,

I’d like to introduce myself - my name is Ross Hoffman and I am the new CEO of Goldin.

Last night, we did not do our job and I want to apologize for letting you down. Our commitment is to provide you with the highest quality, authentic and trusted trading cards, collectibles and memorabilia in a fun, easy and safe way. Due to overwhelming traffic, our site crashed and we failed to deliver. Fixing this is our #1 priority.

In response to our site being down, we delayed the auction one day to give everyone across our global audience an equal opportunity to bid, irrespective of time zone.

Season 3 Wall GIF by The Simpsons

• Like 1

Nothing new at all with Goldin.  There have been a bunch of complaints during their last summer sports card auction where their website crashed for whatever reason and left consignors burned with their consignments with lower realized prices of the day the auction was ending.  So to address that, Goldin extended the auction for another day or so to get more bids in for their consignors.  Sure enough, the cards that were selling for a discount were no longer a discount due to more bidding activity.  What sucks is that those bidders who won those lot(s) on the end day did not "officially" win them due to the extended session. Was it due to maybe shill bidding to raise the prices? Also everyone's max bids were exposed.  Been a lot of complaints like this from what I've been reading for several months now and Goldin has been letting everyone know yeah we will fix the problem and improve the website, but they haven't done a thing.  

Edited by Caliboy24
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, tidaldreams said:

Dear Goldin Customers,

Awkward way to introduce yourself. lol

On 8/6/2021 at 2:09 PM, Jared_Goldinauctions said:

Auction is coming August 26th - September 18th.

Trying is not what I would call this.
Cannot wait for you all to see the cool stuff we have to offer.
Thank you!

For the Goldin video game auction, will there be any listings of all the lots prior to the auction launch date and/or is there a link to this specific auction? I am only seeing the current sports card auction at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

This will be very interesting to watch:

VGA 95 Super Mario 64 vs WATA 9.8 A++ Super Mario 64  , going head to head in the same auction.

https://goldinauctions.com/1996_N64_Nintendo_64__USA___Super_Mario_64__Sealed-LOT109334.aspx

https://goldinauctions.com/1996_N64_Nintendo_64__USA___Super_Mario_64__Sealed-LOT107330.aspx

I personally feel a VGA 95 is nicer than a WATA 9.8 A++.  But maybe the market prefers the WATA 9.8 A++?  It will be fascinating to see how it unfolds.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

29 minutes ago, blarky said:

VGA 95 Super Mario 64 vs WATA 9.8 A++ Super Mario 64  , going head to head in the same auction.

https://goldinauctions.com/1996_N64_Nintendo_64__USA___Super_Mario_64__Sealed-LOT109334.aspx

https://goldinauctions.com/1996_N64_Nintendo_64__USA___Super_Mario_64__Sealed-LOT107330.aspx

I personally feel a VGA 95 is nicer than a WATA 9.8 A++.  But maybe the market prefers the WATA 9.8 A++?  It will be fascinating to see how it unfolds.

Hot take: it goes high $900,000s

Assessment: it's all because of a YouTube video that says video game grading is total bullshit and all the prices are fake news

1 hour ago, blarky said:

Damn... with goldin's half an hour "rolling ending" rule, these things won't end til kingdom come.

edit: forgot that the website will also probably crash

Edited by tidaldreams

@tidaldreams We limited the auction to only 200 lots to avoid any issues. Our next auction will feature many more games, especially memorabilia/signs & VGA products. 
We will be holding a ZOOM meeting to go over any rules, questions or bidder concerns. 
The 30 minute rule typically doesn't last that long, but some have gone a few hours. 

Edited by Jared_Goldinauctions
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, blarky said:

Wait, TWO highly graded Sealed Mario 64's in the same auction? Barely a month out from the last highly graded sealed Mario 64 sold for 1.5 million dollars?

BUT I THOUGHT THEY WERE RAAAAAAAARRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE????????? 🤯

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Wait, TWO highly graded Sealed Mario 64's in the same auction? Barely a month out from the last highly graded sealed Mario 64 sold for 1.5 million dollars?

BUT I THOUGHT THEY WERE RAAAAAAAARRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE????????? 🤯

The 95 one is uncirculated so someone must've had a case, which means there are more out there.

• Agree 1

Serious question to @Jared_Goldinauctions, why schedule two Mario 64's head to head in the same auction? If there is a preference for one copy over the other, won't the underbidder eventually just settle on one and let the high bidder sneak off with the other for less than they would otherwise?

You're kind of diluting the bidding pool with two basically identical copies selling at the same time, IMO. If I had consigned one of those two Mario 64's I'd be pretty pissed, tbh, might even pull it entirely if I truly believed it to be worth over a million dollars.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tidaldreams said:

The 95 one is uncirculated so someone must've had a case, which means there are more out there.

Oh My God Reaction GIF

Ohhh... no way... it's almost like exactly what we were all saying when the first one sold, oh wow... who could have seen it coming??? I'm totally shooooooockeddddd. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 4