IGNORED

Goldin Auctions Video Game Consignment Director Introduction & NEW AUCTION - I'm here to help & make us all money!

Just now, tidaldreams said:

Ok, i take back what i said on the VGA 95 Mario 64 before. There is way more than enough room for the buyer to make a bunch of money on it if they cross it to WATA and then send it to HA, even if it gets a lower grade.

Yeah except your theory assumes that the HA sales aren’t bullshit. 😉

16 minutes ago, tidaldreams said:

Ok, i take back what i said on the VGA 95 Mario 64 before. There is way more than enough room for the buyer to make a bunch of money on it if they cross it to WATA and then send it to HA, even if it gets a lower grade.

This assumes it gets 9.8 A++ and sells for more than 200k plus 20%. I find the combination of both happening exponentially unlikely. 🙂

1 hour ago, AnimalHouse said:

Whoever won Super Mario 64 for $650,000, got a great deal!

200k vga won out even better bb

Edited by inasuma

1 minute ago, Shmup said:

Looking forward to Gulag Joe’s comments on the Mario 64 sale.

**Puts on best @Gulag Joe impersonation**

No, you see, because Goldin Auctions is too unknown, that's why dude! All the people who wanted to spend HUNDREDS of thousands of dollars knew about the auction, sure, and of course all of us random bystanders/hecklers knew. And the media, and like all of YouTube, and basically everyone. 

But the vast HOARDS of people who wanted to spend a MILLION dollars on Mario 64 didn't know, all the tens and hundreds and millions of buyers with a million to put in, they slept on it, gotta be the reason! 

😂

• Haha 7

Personally, this is exactly why I wouldn't have auctioned anything at GA until at least first seeing results.  There were some strong sales (Marvel Vs. Capcom PS1 AT $48K?!?) but the studs didn't blow up or underperformed expectations.  It is crazy at the price disparity between Wata and VGA though, will be interesting to see how CGC falls in the pecking order eventually.

Edited by jonebone
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, OptOut said:

**Puts on best @Gulag Joe impersonation**

No, you see, because Goldin Auctions is too unknown, that's why dude! All the people who wanted to spend HUNDREDS of thousands of dollars knew about the auction, sure, and of course all of us random bystanders/hecklers knew. And the media, and like all of YouTube, and basically everyone. 

But the vast HOARDS of people who wanted to spend a MILLION dollars on Mario 64 didn't know, all the tens and hundreds and millions of buyers with a million to put in, they slept on it, gotta be the reason! 

😂

SNES Mortal Kombat sold for nearly $80,000 when you add the BP. Though I believe the Genesis version should sell for at or above that, it relies solely on the buyers with money who are entering the hobby and their impulses and speculations.

Do I think Mario 64 should've sold for 1.5 million? No. I don't think there is a cultural significance around that game for it to sell so high. I attribute it to the buyers at the time who had the money to spend and speculated that that would be the best way to go with the games that were available at the time.

You all can dog me on that, but all of you had a mouth full of hot dogs screaming to the sky "GAWD, WHY DID THEY SPEND THAT MUCH ON A VIDEO GAME" so I tried to explain that for some of you.

There are games that knocked it out of the park in this auction- MK, Double Dribble, Tecmo Bowl oval, SM2. Sports and fighting games (Street Fighter 2) sales make sense as they would appeal to Goldins audience.

The VGA results are certainly concerning. Overall, I think GA could improve their marketing plan behind auctions like this. Boost their geotargeting efforts and visibility. This one went from "send us your games" in the beginning of this thread and then there was a long down time and lack of mention about the actual auction for a good 6 weeks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OptOut said:

51 minutes ago, Gulag Joe said:

Overall, I think GA could improve their marketing plan behind auctions like this. Boost their geotargeting efforts and visibility. This one went from "send us your games" in the beginning of this thread and then there was a long down time and lack of mention about the actual auction for a good 6 weeks.

@OptOut

image.gif.a299470185211585461f0ee25e78e4ae.gif

• Haha 1