IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Marble Madness!

BeaIank

6 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I obviously missed something awesome here

Skinny happened to find someone selling a $100 TV and the screen had the reflection of a topless saggy elderly woman. 😍

Edited by mbd39
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/12/2021 at 9:50 PM, NESfiend said:

Lets get the 2nd place race going! 1 wand (level 2), 2 deaths

20210414_210841.jpg

Hey, this is a very good score. Players were getting similar scores or even lower in  the 2009 contest and then posted in the upper 170s later in the week. You can do it.

http://archive.nes.science/nintendoage-forums/nintendoage.com/forum/messageview29ff.html?catid=31&threadid=22586

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Hey, this is a very good score. Players were getting similar scores or even lower in  the 2009 contest and then posted in the upper 170s later in the week. You can do it.

http://archive.nes.science/nintendoage-forums/nintendoage.com/forum/messageview29ff.html?catid=31&threadid=22586

Im going to keep trying some. Would definitely be cool to hit 170. Noticed @Krunchway up there in 2017 scores. Then I saw his old avator and remembered he was a regular everywhere on NA. Just putting two and two together its the same dude. He may well give you a run for your money

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NESfiend said:
1 hour ago, mbd39 said:

Skinny happened to find someone selling a $100 TV and the screen had the reflection of a topless saggy elderly woman. 😍

At 100 bucks for a CRTV, it oughta come with something extra

Any minute now, someone's gonna invent a TV that can do this.

...assuming it doesn't already exist...

.... ....which it probably does.... .... ....

tvbj.png

6 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Im going to keep trying some. Would definitely be cool to hit 170. Noticed @Krunchway up there in 2017 scores. Then I saw his old avator and remembered he was a regular everywhere on NA. Just putting two and two together its the same dude. He may well give you a run for your money

Haha well I have had my fun times with this game before and I had a higher score than my 2017 on the now defunct (?) AVS Scoreboard but to get to MBD’s score there are so many extra mechanics to tighten up, I will gladly battle for second though, I might as well just top this and not post it but I’m under your score by like 2,000.  Anyway I keep dying in silly parts so that’s “free peanut butter to polish off the spoon” as the youth say

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Krunch said:

Haha well I have had my fun times with this game before and I had a higher score than my 2017 on the now defunct (?) AVS Scoreboard but to get to MBD’s score there are so many extra mechanics to tighten up, I will gladly battle for second though, I might as well just top this and not post it but I’m under your score by like 2,000.  Anyway I keep dying in silly parts so that’s “free peanut butter to polish off the spoon” as the youth say

It's crazy that 9 people broke 170k in the 2017 contest. Every MM ringer on the website showed up and other great players such as tables and Swift Frost were posting high scores. I would be happy if several people broke 170k this week. I think you and NESfiend have a good shot at it.

Edited by mbd39

5 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

All I remember is that I freaking suck at this game.
This' definitely a game that needs some good booze with it in order to get half decent scores.

Oh yeah. You also got 170K. So that was 10 players who broke 170k in 2017. Wow. That year was an anomaly as far as MM contests go. Usually only several players score that high.

2 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Can we just file this game under the aids category and go along our way?  Ugh, i hate the way it controls.  Not doing bad, but not doing great either.

Marble Madness is the second best NES game after Tetris. Facts.

• Eyeroll 1

23 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Can we just file this game under the aids category and go along our way?  Ugh, i hate the way it controls.  Not doing bad, but not doing great either.

I've played this game for decades, but I don't think I've ever gotten past level 5. And I can only just barely reach the goal in level 4 before time runs out.

Events Helper · Posted
5 minutes ago, MegaMan52 said:

I've played this game for decades, but I don't think I've ever gotten past level 5. And I can only just barely reach the goal in level 4 before time runs out.

I've played it some, just takes time to get into it......It's just so wonky on the controls, i have beaten it before, but not yet today!  

• Like 1

Social Team · Posted
34 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

I've played it some, just takes time to get into it......It's just so wonky on the controls, i have beaten it before, but not yet today!  

I've never beat the game but I'm so glad to see I can easily get pass the point as a kid I never could.  Like a true idiot kid I didn't ever use the turbo/speed boost button.

Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF