IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Marble Madness!

BeaIank

2 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

You can't be too far off from making a run at the record if you've come that close.

For one thing, the highest scores require getting three optimal wands. Even getting two good wands is rare. Three good wands almost never happens. And then everything else has to go perfectly as well, while you're under pressure  because of being on such great pace. You can't make any mistakes because losing any time or dying hurts your score. The WR holder also has advanced speedrun strats that I can't do.

I think maybe I could hit 182k.

Edited by mbd39

12 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

sorry all alpha mission has been in the frontloader warming up letting the title screen/demo run for a couple days now...

Skipped right passed the racing category. Its never going to be called Nascar now. I may even sit out a shooter in protest. Probably not though. 3 points is 3 points 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, SuperJimtendo said:

After the last however many years of doing this contest, I want no one to let  mbd to win. I want mbd to stand atop that blood stained mountain. 

Not a chance.  I love marble madness.  I’m not gonna beat him but I’ll happily nip at his heels

Events Helper · Posted
22 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

OK, screw being the best.  New goal.....just beat @Jeevan.  

Reveal hidden contents

Mad The Simpsons GIF

I totally could of beat  you last week but I got lazy

me too, that was like only 3 plays worth of time 🤓  I only quit cuz i seen u were below me in score 😏  I had time later in the week but was like, firehazards losing to me?  ✔️

Git Gud Scrub!!!!!

• Haha 1

If anybody gets an elusive 3-wand run let us all know, it’ll be interesting to see how much it actually comes up in practice.  Only 0-2’s so far for me but I was lucky enough to capture a segmented 3 on emulator with some save states in between the wands for the Overlord to decipher, now that’sssssss some mysterious coding

• Haha 1