IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Marble Madness!

BeaIank

1 minute ago, NESfiend said:

I got a wand the second the last race started. I thought wands never occurred on that level? It was like seeing a ghost. Wasnt that part of what @BeaIank reported when she looked into wand coding or am I imagining that?

If you get wanded at the very end of stage 5, it will do the wand animation at the beginning of stage 6. That's the only exception.

• Wow! 1

84,150     89,120     111,170     113,270    120,640    125,080     129,160

First time beating this one for me, which means I've met my minimum goal for this week.

Def. this is the fastest I've ever been able to swap out high scores...

Edited by PII
  • Like 3

Damn, some of you guys are good!  Here's my first score finishing the game, zero wands and a ton of deaths 😞  83,850:

EDIT - Getting better (aka, 3 wands makes a hell of a difference): 118,750

EDIT2 - Been trying for 150k; this is the best so far:  137,240

Marble Madness 3.JPG

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Lots of these people were not around last year for Wednesday Skinny Stories, @docile tapeworm. Bring it back Thursdays this year

1 hour ago, Murray said:

Yeah, whatever happened to Skinny’s Saturday reflections 😒

whats a worm got 500 hearts? you guys are making them all melt ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️💩🪱

• Haha 1

@mbd39, still playing MM? Id be all for mods awarding extra points if you or anyone else (yeah right) clears the world record....

Speaking of which, that would make for an excellent end of the week recap writeup from @guillavoie. What happened to those? Enjoyed them last year and hoped to see my name in one as the winner. Finally won and then went back to back, but alas, the tradition has subsided. 

Edited by NESfiend
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

@mbd39, still playing MM? Id be all for mods awarding extra points if you or anyone else (yeah right) clears the world record....

Speaking of which, that would make for an excellent end of the week recap writeup from @guillavoie. What happened to those? Enjoyed them last year and hoped to see my name in one as the winner. Finally won and then went back to back, but alas, the tradition has subsided. 

Hey man...

Haha, I'll clear the WR in my dreams before waking up. It's almost impossible.

I might play some more just to try to hit 180k though. Unfortunately that depends on getting a stage 2 wand. Sometimes I keep getting them and other times I have a bunch of runs with no wands at all.

14 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Hey man...

When I said you or someone else (yeah right), the yeah right only applied to someone else. You are the only one with any shot, but I still say give the man points if he hits it. Never know, with your skill and the right RNG luck, seems possible. That 179 run was only one wand right? Two or three and seems like youd be right there. 

I just hit 164k on one wand and two deaths. Dont see improving much, but ill try. Should have been one death. Had to pause and blew a life right when I came back. Pumped I almost got back to 2017 score though. I played like a fiend that week

Edit: my wand was level 2. Seems like 1 there is as good or better than 2 late wands

Edited by NESfiend

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

Yeah, I'm so sorry about not doing the writeup so far. I want to get back at them as soon as possible, it is just that I have a lot of projects going on right now and even the time that it took me to write these on Sunday night is now stupidly tight on my schedule (work a lot during evening and night).

I should get back at it anytime soon! You mentioning it will give me incentive to do it sooner than later.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, mbd39 said:

Congrats to all those who are beating this for the first time. I know it's not easy to beat at first.

Are you landing on the numbers in practice race for 5k?

That's for sure. I had this when I was a kid and it took me longer than usual just to be able to beat it. I never was very good at playing for a high score.

10 hours ago, NESfiend said:

When I said you or someone else (yeah right), the yeah right only applied to someone else. You are the only one with any shot, but I still say give the man points if he hits it. Never know, with your skill and the right RNG luck, seems possible. That 179 run was only one wand right? Two or three and seems like youd be right there.

Yes, I got that score with one wand. With three good wands I could maybe hit 182k. I'd be happy to get 181k because my  PB has been 180,880 for a while now.

Getting three good wands is so rare. I'd probably choke if I even had the opportunity.