IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Marble Madness!

BeaIank

6 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

i have tried metal storm a few times and it hasnt jived with me yet. i prob have 20 minutes total in it.

Same boat there and I thought I was the only one that couldnt get into it. Always kind of figured one day I would, but seeing all this, seems like thats not in the cards

Edit: if skinny doesnt like a shooter, the odds of me liking it are of the lottery winning variety

Edited by NESfiend
  • Like 1

Had my first 3 wand game. Near midnight Saturday was not the best time for that to occur.  Blew it hard. About half an hour before that, had my first one life run, but no wands. Cant complain about rng though. Had my shot

Edited by NESfiend

52 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Had my first 3 wand game. Near midnight Saturday was not the best time for that to occur.  Blew it hard. About half an hour before that, had my first one life run, but no wands. Cant complain about rng though. Had my shot

The timing of the wands is also a factor, in my opinion a pre-drawbridge wand on Beginner race is optimal as your first one, but an intermediate race one after that might not be that good, since you cant/won’t bank every second after the 30 second add at the start of Aerial.  The ultimate draw would be: pre-drawbridge, then right before the hand things at the end of aerial race (gives you time to think/do an easier run across), then Silly race after the +3 second monsters and preferably after the birds to cool the pressure.  This seems like wishful thinking but at least in my experience playing these are “lucky spots”

• Like 1

6 hours ago, arnpoly said:

I'm super happy with this run, don't think I've even gotten 160K before, let alone this close to 170K.  Got a Beginner wand and died once in Practice (lol), Beginner, and Silly.  This was on my 4th or 5th attempt.

6hbOvAjl.jpg

Nice score!

You should seriously go for 170k. You can do it.

9 hours ago, arnpoly said:

I wanna do a deathless run someday. That will probably coincide with a 170K score. 😁

I finally no deathed it and went down in score. Felt like a pretty mistake free run, but only wand was on 3rd race (got one other useless one on silly with 95 secs on clock). RNG on that has been brutal this afternoon. Need the RNG I was getting after 8 bud lights last night with my current sober status. 

20210418_175159.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

I finally no deathed it and went down in score. Felt like a pretty mistake free run, but only wand was on 3rd race (got one other useless one on silly with 95 secs on clock). RNG on that has been brutal this afternoon. Need the RNG I was getting after 8 bud lights last night with my current sober status. 

20210418_175159.jpg

Congrats on the no death. But you can't just be mistake free, you gotta be quick. Take risks. The less you depend on wands for high scores, the better. You're getting there. Man, I was hoping that somebody else would break 170k but the contest isn't over yet. 🙂

9 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Man, I was hoping that somebody else would break 170k but the contest isn't over yet. 🙂

Another day I think Id get there for sure. I figured out this morning I was using too much gas on the end of ultimate. The floor generates at the right speed that Im better off not using much gas there. That has eliminated a lot of my deaths. 

I will get another hour in if Im lucky when my son gets down. Tough way to finish but it was fun and Im really looking forward to kung fu 2

6 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Another day I think Id get there for sure. I figured out this morning I was using too much gas on the end of ultimate. The floor generates at the right speed that Im better off not using much gas there. That has eliminated a lot of my deaths.

Yeah for the most part you don't need to hold A in the last section. You can't make the floor generate any faster.