IGNORED

**VideoGameSage NES Weekly Contest Leaderboard & Rules 2021**

guillavoie

21 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

@Bearcat-Doug @mbd39 @bertsampson @NESfiend @Dr. Morbis @Richardhead

thats three vs three thats enough! cmon next year we pick teams!

shit inforgot to add myself. we need one more for four on four!!

Id be up for this. May be able to harass @Jeevanenough to get him in. Team aspect would keep him fired up week to week

• Wow! 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

i think we should pick em playground style!

Presently, like the idea but not sure if I'd vote yeah or neh.  Anyway I'll put in my peso for a start:

Propper playground would be:

1. The Two Very Best Players Are Captains 

2. The Lesser Of Those Two Gets First Pick

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I remember when I tried that. I think we even had two full teams set before the season, but then nothing ever came of it when the season started. Anymore, people probably don't want to commit to something like that for an entire season and risk letting their team down if they can't give 100% each week because of real life stuff. 

...or not liking the game... or just wanting to be playing some other game on some other system... or just feeling burnt out in general.... and then being torn between devoting a lot of time to something that makes them unhappy or saying fuck it and making other people unhappy...

Don't get me wrong, I think it could be a lot of fun, but burnout is the biggest hurdle with a weekly.  Twice as many break weeks would be a significant refresher.  Just my opinion, but a recurring-limited hangout might be a better option for this teams thing than trying to do it every week for an entire season.  Look at the current season:  Morbo and Nesfiend show up and play hard almost without exception.  Bert and Ox are there and big almost every week and rarely settle for just a participation score.  Then there is yours truly who shows and usually plays hard, but settles for a participation score yet more often and so on.  I think it would be MORE FUN the more people there are on each team.  I also think it would WORK BETTER with more people on each team, as well as doing it, say -Once a month?  If each team had say, 8 players and there is one guy who just can't put in the time that one week cuz life or whatever it is not as detrimental to the team as if there were only 3 or 4 players on a team.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, PII said:

...or not liking the game... or just wanting to be playing some other game on some other system... or just feeling burnt out in general.... and then being torn between devoting a lot of time to something that makes them unhappy or saying fuck it and making other people unhappy...

Honestly, that's probably why the idea didn't work out last time. It sounded fun in theory, but you are expecting people to show up every week and play at 100% which is a lot to ask.

• Agree 1