IGNORED

Cryptocurrency thread

phart010

Administrator · Posted

So Q: Is this all happening cuz of just the Tesla thing, or has something new happened that I've missed? I know this is volatile and speculation and I'm fine with that, but I'm curious as to why people think it's all on steady decline right now.

6 minutes ago, Gloves said:

So Q: Is this all happening cuz of just the Tesla thing, or has something new happened that I've missed? I know this is volatile and speculation and I'm fine with that, but I'm curious as to why people think it's all on steady decline right now.

Much more likely to be related to the news out of China.

https://www.reuters.com/technology/chinese-financial-payment-bodies-barred-cryptocurrency-business-2021-05-18/

2 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

Sorry guys, it's my fault.

I tried to invest my Doge profits into actual crypto...Don't worry though, I sold it for roughly half what I paid for it so it should recover now.

Bitcoin is the horse and buggy.
Doge is the electric car 😝

Cmon man!

Edited by phart010
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, phart010 said:

Bitcoin is the horse and buggy.
Doge is the electric car 😝

Cmon man!

I use to use that analogy with legit cryptos evolving the tech.  Lol, it never worked.

Regardless, this up and down movement is common.  Just hold on and wait 12-18 months, assuming you're invested in BTC or legit coins with a potential for the future.

I should have seen it coming, but even the COIN crash should have been expected.  My cost basis on that one is $299 and though it's easy to panic because it seems to be in a free fall, I swear there is old, big money in crypto that plays this stuff because they are well experienced and suppressing prices to pick up at the low points they want to continue earning their profits.

People always get scared with the BIG drops in crypto and always dump, dump, dump.  They weak hands get shaken out and it's just a matter of time before the hype-train leaves the station again.  I don't know when that will be for the COIN stock, but mark my word that within the next 12 months it will be pumped to $1,000 a share or higher, because that 's what Crypto manipulators do and let me tell you, they will have fun doing it with a stock in the US markets.  They question is, how low will they try to push the stock before they let it rest a bit at the bottom.  I could see it going as low as $100 (ouch to me!) but man, they will definitely try to push it to 10x that which will give them insane, real world profit.

On 5/19/2021 at 9:49 AM, arch_8ngel said:

Eh that's nothing new really.. they've been pushing their own CCP-controlled crypto for a while now... which is really nothing like other crypto and more like a different digital credit card the CCP can have absolute control over
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hZU7qska34

32 minutes ago, Pendragonx said:

Eh that's nothing new really.. they've been pushing their own CCP-controlled crypto for a while now... which is really nothing like other crypto and more like a different digital credit card the CCP can have absolute control over

I think the second largest economy in the world saying they don't allow btc transactions is a pretty stark message for something claiming is it a currency.

Edited by Californication

47 minutes ago, Pendragonx said:

I think you may be under-selling how much control China has over crypto assets, in general.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Californication said:

I think the second largest economy in the world saying they don't allow btc transactions is a pretty stark message for something claiming is it a currency.

Personally, I don't find it that stark, but I understand what you're saying.

16 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

I think you may be under-selling how much control China has over crypto assets, in general.

Probably, yeah.  In communist China, CCP control you.

2 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

I took profits on half of my ETH at 2800 today. Will buy back in at 2400 if it comes down or just DCA over a couple months. Still waiting to sell the BTC I bought on the dip.

It was a nice fire sale, but in general I'm still long on BTC, ETH, ADA, LINK, and DOT.

I'm still holding steady with my 1.5 BTC. If it dips back down to $30k, I may go ahead and go for the 2 BTC mark.

• Like 2