IGNORED

Cryptocurrency thread

phart010

On 6/8/2021 at 8:51 PM, DoctorEncore said:

I'm still debating selling my BTC for a big loss to get the tax benefits and moving the money into ETH for a few days. If I keep waffling on that, I'll just be holding, holding, holding.

I went ahead and bought some more to put me over the 2 BTC mark. Adding any more would be a bonus at this point.

1 hour ago, Californication said:

I don't know how you guys deal with the swings. Not just btc but stocks in general. Even when I think I am right I feel like I'm going to get hypertension, lol.

It stressed me out at first. I bought most of most of my bitcoin under $15k, so I'm up quite a bit. I picked up another .5 BTC on this last dip at $30k, so I'm already up about 30% on that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Californication said:

I don't know how you guys deal with the swings. Not just btc but stocks in general. Even when I think I am right I feel like I'm going to get hypertension, lol.

Don’t invest a single cent you aren’t willing to lose.

The moment you have any emotion attached is the second you already lost control.

I’m a novice investor, so I only have a couple grand invested with my free money given to me by my Dogecoin GAMBLE. I got lucky with a digital slot machine and timed it just right ... that isn’t the norm.

Right now I’m invested in stuff I perceive as medium risk, high reward.

$1000 in ETH, $1500 in BTC. Currently it’s worth only about $2000 so I’m down $500 but I don’t care since I have zero emotion on it...if it went to $0 then I still lost nothing.

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

Yeah I dropped $250 into BTC and $750 into ETH. I basically look at it like an extremely expensive BINGO card. I expect nothing out of it, but it'll be nice if I get something.

I basically have 1 btc free since I took some profit at $60k. I almost look like I know what I'm doing by getting lucky with the timing.

Administrator · Posted
Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

I thought I was too late buying 1.21 BTC at $14k and I'd say that worked out okay. Just HODL and you should be fine.

Yeah the plan is to HODL lol.

I was considering buying some more now that compared to where I bought in earlier it's "on sale".

1 hour ago, ThePhleo said:

Don’t invest a single cent you aren’t willing to lose.

The moment you have any emotion attached is the second you already lost control.

I’m a novice investor, so I only have a couple grand invested with my free money given to me by my Dogecoin GAMBLE. I got lucky with a digital slot machine and timed it just right ... that isn’t the norm.

Right now I’m invested in stuff I perceive as medium risk, high reward.

$1000 in ETH, $1500 in BTC. Currently it’s worth only about $2000 so I’m down $500 but I don’t care since I have zero emotion on it...if it went to $0 then I still lost nothing.

I bought $100 Dogecoin to enter the Coinbase contest, but I converted it to bitcoin after I was eligible. If Dogecoin didn't mine 10,000 coins a minute, it could have some potential.

16 hours ago, Link said:

Everytime I see one of these stories it just makes me wonder how these people managed to get that much money to begin with.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

I went ahead with my plan to loss harvest and sold all my BTC and moved it into ETH. I'll take ETH profits at 2600-2800, the buy back into BTC on the next dip. Gotta get those tax breaks like the big boys.

Didn't you have a whole bitcoin and something like 20 ETH already? You must have as much ETH as I do BTC at this point if you converted all of your bitcoin. I did buy some more bitcoin at $35k yesterday, so I'm probably going to keep adding as long as the price stays under $40k.