IGNORED

Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary Direct

Jicsan

1 hour ago, OptOut said:

Nintendo know what they're doing with all this "limited release" shit... I wasn't going to bother with Super Mario 3D allstars, seeing as it lacks Galaxy 2 and I got all the games anyway. But then they were like, oh btw, you can't have it, and I was all like, oh, well now I want it more than anything else I've ever wanted GIVE IT TOOO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! 😲

I'd rather get hyped over a kinda pricey seeming Mario port collection that isn't going to rare than some random anime LRG game at least.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I got mine pre-ordered and paid for this morning. NOT because it's a limited release (which is a pointless concept to provoke people to go panic buy), because I've never played Sunshine before. I'm too young to have played it when it first came out as I wasn't even 2- going to be 20 in a few weeks and I thought it'd be a nice thing to treat myself to 4 days before I enter my 20s. 

Mario Sunshine and Gamecube systems have always been expensive here, it's consistently been 80+ bucks and a Gamecube is 250 on a good day. New Zealand retro collecting is a joke. Don't get me started😆So I'm getting it to experience Sunshine for the first time (that may shock some of you but it was initially released nearly two decades ago). 

Mario 64 and Galaxy being put on it are pretty exciting, though I have those two and have 100% them multiple times. Fantastic games, I expect Sunshine to be no different. 

Edited by NZCollector
  • Like 3

Super Mario Sunshine was my favorite of the Mario 64-like games. Then Galaxy. I haven't played Odyssey. 

Nintendo knows exactly what it's doing. I'm sure they'll do something similar for Zelda. Probably release yet another Zelda Ocarina collection, and sure enough, people will pay $60 for it!

Editorials Team · Posted
2 hours ago, avatar! said:

Super Mario Sunshine was my favorite of the Mario 64-like games. Then Galaxy. I haven't played Odyssey. 

Nintendo knows exactly what it's doing. I'm sure they'll do something similar for Zelda. Probably release yet another Zelda Ocarina collection, and sure enough, people will pay $60 for it!

I'll pay it and I'll like it!

...seriously though, I will

• Like 2

The Mario karts with cameras are so Nintendo, I love it. Yeah we had a fun watch, preordered the 3d all-stars, I am bummed that to get those pins you have to buy 3dallstars digital.. oof

I want everything! Prob onlygonna end up with 3dallstars...But if they do this for Zelda.. oooooo mama. Fingers crossed probably waiting for that.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
7 hours ago, drxandy said:

I am bummed that to get those pins you have to buy 3dallstars digital.. oof

I don't think you do actually, I read the terms of completing that challenge before pre-ordering, and it says you can either get it digitally, or you can purchase the physical version and claim the Gold Points, which will count the challenge as having been completed.

109d1203a9dbced7d207c2c3ba1e09ee.png

So unless I'm missing something, we should be in the clear!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Events Team · Posted
7 hours ago, kathound said:

Though I'm excited for younger folks and those who have never played them to have a Switch port of 64/Sunshine/Galaxy, I'd love to have seen some HD remakes! Oh well. And can't say I'm surprised at the $60 price tag. Oh well.

To be fair, I would say that Sunshine and Galaxy both still look pretty darn good for today's standards, so I'm perfectly content with just a widescreen, 1080p upscaling for those two. I'll agree with that in regards to Mario 64 though, I think that one could definitely use a proper HD remake one of these days.

Edited by ZeldaFreak
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

I feel like I'm having a mandela effect. Does anyone recall Super Mario Sunshine getting mediocre reviews when it came out? Or was it that people were meh on it despite good reviews? Or am I remembering everything wrong and the game was actually highly praised and loved by all???

Everyone shat on gamecube everything back in the day because it wasn’t grungy.

this was a time when games were supposed to be all colors of the rainbow, as long as those colors were brown, grey, and green. and the light bloom! God the light bloom.

Luigis Mansion as launch title? Wind walker is a cartoon? Mario is on vacation with a hose? Garbage!!! That’s not games for gamers, that’s games for babies and girls!

As time progressed people realized games are supposed to be fun, and those games meet the standard.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

I feel like I'm having a mandela effect. Does anyone recall Super Mario Sunshine getting mediocre reviews when it came out? Or was it that people were meh on it despite good reviews? Or am I remembering everything wrong and the game was actually highly praised and loved by all???

It's a good game, not great, certainly not by Mario standards anyway. It got decent reviews, but a lot of the common complaints about controls, camera and difficulty have been around since launch, and many reviews did address those problems.

Mario Sunshine is notable to be included in this collection, however, as it's the first time that it has been rereleased since it came out more than 15 years ago.

Personally, I like the game and will undoubtedly enjoy replaying it.

• Like 1