IGNORED

Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary Direct

Jicsan

10 minutes ago, ChickenTendas said:

Hate all you want on 3d Land, but that Zelda NES throwback stage was fire. 

It's Nintendo man, cmon. You didn't seriously expect it to not be a standalone $60 rerelease? 😉

The same company that rereleased tropical freeze for 60, when it was 50 for wii u, and then 20 as a select title. And all they did was add a character. Atleast this looks to be an actual dlc expansion thing. Atleast its something.

2 minutes ago, Quest4Nes said:

The same company that rereleased tropical freeze for 60, when it was 50 for wii u, and then 20 as a select title. And all they did was add a character. Atleast this looks to be an actual dlc expansion thing. Atleast its something.

Right, wrong or indifferent, it's been pretty clear that Wii U games released for the Switch are going to cost $60.  Nintendo made a ton of really great games for the Wii U, but since the console sold so poorly, all of those games sold poorly as well.  They are still trying to make the money off those games since they never had a chance to begin with.  

For MOST people, these are brand new games that they have never played, so $60 isn't that unreasonable.  

• Like 2

^Finally.  Nice to see someone using their brain and come to that conclusion.  Like it or not, for MOST Nintendo and non-Nintendo fans, the WiiU was something to be ignored and avoided and as such it sold terribly and the games undersold as a result too, worse as the months and years ticked along and more gave up.  For many the games are brand new, but also due to the colossal losses that system caused, none of those games made them a proper profit at all never reaching even a good fraction of their potential.  The system itself never dropped at all in price, odd for Nintendo, because of the bleeding.  WiiU cost them horribly first ever losses not just in quarters but years, so it makes sense to sell at full price on most those WiiU carry overs, and at least they are adding a few tidbits to them here and there too so they're not just 100% straight conversions too.  No one is being forced to buy them either, no more or less than the childish indignity on display over Mario 3D Allstars either.  Don't like it, shut up and ignore it.  The WiiU stuff wasn't meant for you, just most normal people who avoided or wisely bailed on the WiiU and in the case of 3D SMAS it's generationally old which works in its favor too.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, phart010 said:

Did they give you stickers?

I actually got the stickers with my online order. Word on the street was that the GameStop and Target bonuses are only given for in-store pickup so I didn't even bother with those.

Also, for some reason Amazon refunded me $10. I never saw them drop the price during the preorder period. Not sure if they price matched Walmart at the last moment before release or what. Either way, I'm not complaining.

Screenshot_20200919-074512~2.jpg

Edited by DoctorEncore

On 9/18/2020 at 6:37 PM, phart010 said:

Did they give you stickers?

Not sure what you are talking about.  All I know is that the Wal-Marts near me listed 3D All Stars for $49.99 in store.  I have no idea how many they had or how easy it was to get them.  It wasn't worth the time or effort for me to save $10 since I already had on in hand.  

3 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

Not sure what you are talking about.  All I know is that the Wal-Marts near me listed 3D All Stars for $49.99 in store.  I have no idea how many they had or how easy it was to get them.  It wasn't worth the time or effort for me to save $10 since I already had on in hand.  

Walmart is supposed to give stickers (apparently a “preorder” bonus). Gamestop gives joycon skins (in-store only I think). Target was giving away magnets..

Best Buy and Amazon.... both of them thank you for your purchase 🙏 

https://nintendowire.com/guides/super-mario-3d-all-stars/pre-order-bonuses/

Edited by phart010

On 9/18/2020 at 7:37 PM, DoctorEncore said:

I actually got the stickers with my online order. Word on the street was that the GameStop and Target bonuses are only given for in-store pickup so I didn't even bother with those.

Also, for some reason Amazon refunded me $10. I never saw them drop the price during the preorder period. Not sure if they price matched Walmart at the last moment before release or what. Either way, I'm not complaining.

Screenshot_20200919-074512~2.jpg

I was also refunded $10 by Amazon for my order, and like you,  I also wasn't sure why. Like you said though, not complaining!