IGNORED

Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary Direct

Jicsan

1 minute ago, Jicsan said:

I loved that my kids were flipping out almost as much as I was.  They wanted everything they saw lol.  I will have to get them Mario Kart Live, even though I don't know if we'll have the space to play it.

Those karts did not seem  be be going very fast. I hope that the game would be playable outside somehow, but if the karts are slow... ehhh.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

Those karts did not seem  be be going very fast. I hope that the game would be playable outside somehow, but if the karts are slow... ehhh.

I loved everything I saw about this direct.  Those carts do look cool but I can guarantee they will be slow.  If they go to fast, they will have to be "outside toys" and I'm guessing this is designed to (mostly) be used indoors.  If they go to fast, they could bump into furniture and scuff it or knock stuff over, which is a deal breaker for many moms and dads.

Regardless, this Direct is the one I was waiting for and it did not disappoint.  SMAL3D is gonna get preordered ASAP, and I reaaaaaally want that Game & Watch too!

Edited by RH
  • Like 2

Administrator · Posted

The main thing I was excited for was SMB3D All Stars, and sadly it is a "limited run" through the Nintendo eShop. Further, it only includes t he first Galaxy, not the second which most people say is better. I've not played Sunshine or Galaxy 2 (tried Galaxy 1 for an hour or two), so was looking forward to that, but I don't even know if I'll be able to get a copy.

EDIT:

2 minutes ago, yellowgameboycolor said:

Oh.

EDITEDIT: Naturally, not here in Canada (yet). Second class as always. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I’m going to have to refresh the site every day for that Game & Watch preorder. 

2 minutes ago, Gloves said:

The main thing I was excited for was SMB3D All Stars, and sadly it is a "limited run" through the Nintendo eShop.

AFAIK it has only been announced to be a limited production release in the UK.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Administrator · Posted
Just now, MiamiSlice said:

I’m going to have to refresh the site every day for that Game & Watch preorder. 

AFAIK it has only been announced to be a limited production release in the UK.

Maybe it's cuz I just woke up but I feel that wasn't clear. I'd have to watch it again.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, Jicsan said:

Nintendo and their danged limited quantities nonsense.  I kind of understand the Game & Watch as that's hardware and kind of niche (and what if its like $100?), but limiting the physical copies of a Mario game?!  Its so dumb.

Bold and underlined cuz shit's important. A FUCKIN MARIO GAME!!!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RH said:

Pre-orders from Nintendo "coming soon" for the physical.  I'm suspicious that the Best Buy pre-order is just digital download, but what do I know.

https://supermario3dallstars.nintendo.com/buy/

Best Buy's website specifically says the pre-order is for a physical copy, so you at least have that to fall back on for a refund if they change it later.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RH said:

Pre-orders from Nintendo "coming soon" for the physical.  I'm suspicious that the Best Buy pre-order is just digital download, but what do I know.

https://supermario3dallstars.nintendo.com/buy/

Already pre-ordered from Best Buy with curbside pickup. So I’ll let you know if they hand me an eShop code 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Jicsan said:

Okay it seems like limited on Super Mario 3D All Stars means... they will delist it from the eshop in March.  Maybe it also means they will keep physical in print until March too.

Remember the limited edition of Mario 25 on Wii got reprinted at least once or twice and the scalpers complained.   They'll meet the demand on this.

• Like 3