IGNORED

Look at these prices...unreal right ?

LifeGame

yeah, there were some more fairly "soft" Pokemon sales today; a nice condition Yellow for "only" $405 (still a lot, but less than some other recent sales), an OK Emerald for $405 and one for $450, an OK LeafGreen first print for $255...might possibly be a bit of a lull.

HA's next big auction is in July; wonder where we'll be at then. They're listing things now at https://www.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?Ne=35&N=793+792+4294942412&ic4=Refine-Auctions-102615 .

I know it's just beating a dead horse, but man these prices am I right. It's like these people just search for "Grand Theft Auto Sealed" or "Spider-Man Sealed" or "Popular Movie Sealed" and it doesn't matter at all if anyone cares about the game, what version of the game it is, whether it has any relevance, whether it's a garbage game or port... If it has shrink wrap... to the moon! You might as well pay $600k for the GBA port of Super Mario Bros.

5oAXzO2.png

Get your Dragon 32 copy of Frogger while you still can. After all it says Frogger, and people have heard of Frogger, so it must be collectible!

Edited by DefaultGen

17 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

I know it's just beating a dead horse, but man these prices am I right. It's like these people just search for "Grand Theft Auto Sealed" or "Spider-Man Sealed" or "Popular Movie Sealed" and it doesn't matter at all if anyone cares about the game, what version of the game it is, whether it has any relevance, whether it's a garbage game or port... If it has shrink wrap... to the moon! You might as well pay $600k for the GBA port of Super Mario Bros.

5oAXzO2.png

Get your Dragon 32 copy of Frogger while you still can. After all it says Frogger, and people have heard of Frogger, so it must be collectible!

Quick, grab this one and send it to WATA! It's a goldmine!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324390987835

Having said that...I wonder what the deal is with the "FREE PAGER OFFER" on one copy but not the other. It looks to be under the shrinkwrap. Sticker? Box print? Hmm.

On 5/12/2021 at 5:02 PM, BreaKBeatZ said:

I was going to try to get this garbage condition Donkey Kong Jr., but for some reason it sold for $456? What the hell ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/194102337114?_nordt=1&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true

This game was damn hard to find even last year so I'm not overly surprised on that one.

Sqoon with manual for $400. I know the game is uncommon but it was one of those ones that sat cheap for years and years. I am seriously considering taking some time off work for a few weeks to focus on selling at a rapid pace. At $20-50 a pop it wasn't really worth my time to sell a lot of my games, but at $100-$500 for any game in decent condition it adds up pretty quickly.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

+25 for shipping and taxes?  Its amusing watching foolish people throw their money away.

Standard price for shipping to Canada from the USA these days. Almost always $20-$30 minimum and often as high as $40. You also can't see the automatic import charges of $35 USD through the GSP so you'd be paying $60 USD (~$73 CAD) to ship a NES cart from the States to Canada on top of the winning price. I can't remember the last time I bought an item from the States on eBay... it's simply insane with the fees and shipping. Yet I can still ship a game from Canada to Texas for $15 CAD with tracking and $100 insurance.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Andy_Bogomil said:

Sqoon with manual for $400. I know the game is uncommon but it was one of those ones that sat cheap for years and years. I am seriously considering taking some time off work for a few weeks to focus on selling at a rapid pace. At $20-50 a pop it wasn't really worth my time to sell a lot of my games, but at $100-$500 for any game in decent condition it adds up pretty quickly.

41 minutes ago, Strikezone1 said:

I actually picked up a copy of this game recently. Paid about $70 for it back in February. Crazy to see it sell for triple that in 3 months.

That is exactly right there on those posts why I'm going into more overdrive on getting rid of my vintage video games/related stuff, and vintage toys, some antiques as well primarily through ebay.  It's just so awful now i really don't want to bother anymore unless I randomly walk into a killer deal on things.  As it is, I'm only going to be in it for me primarily going forward, and only if I'll actually surely play and enjoy it, otherwise it's not worth the abuse.

I used to just put up 50 random items on ebay, once a month about unless they ran some special.  Now I'm doing 75/wk every two weeks minimum around the free cap.  It's time and life sucking with all the postage, packing, and the rest as it's tiresome.  But it wasn't worth the effort when so much of it was like a couple of this for $5 or that's a $5 and that's a $10 thing maybe.  Now idiots are buying old $1-3 games for $10-20+, so why not?  If that's what makes them sing, let them, I'm fine clearing my shelves.  It has been a couple years since I could put these 2 tubs I have on this shelf in my storage closet, this week they're back up on it again I've cut out so much.  I don't mind some fools giving me a nice little savings account for when needs pop up if something breaks.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2021 at 4:53 PM, LeatherRebel5150 said:

If you thought classic stuff was bad check out the SLIPCOVER for the Shantae games that LRG was selling for $10 

What the hell? Gods, people are Shantae crazy. Give it 5 or so years and 4/5 of the Shantae games on Switch are going to be selling for the same price as a Shantae GBC cartridge. Lol Fucking nuts. Speaking of Wayforward, looks like Wendy Every Witch Way on GBC crept up to $150 before almost every copy on eBay got bought up. There's a grand total of one left now apparently. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2322090.m570.l1313&_nkw=wendy+every+witch+way+&_sacat=0

And to think, brand news copies were still available for $40 as little as 5-6 years ago. I still occasionally kick myself over not grabbing a copy back then.

1 hour ago, Sir Centroid said:

Speaking of Wayforward, looks like Wendy Every Witch Way on GBC crept up to $150 before almost every copy on eBay got bought up. There's a grand total of one left now apparently. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2322090.m570.l1313&_nkw=wendy+every+witch+way+&_sacat=0

And to think, brand news copies were still available for $40 as little as 5-6 years ago. I still occasionally kick myself over not grabbing a copy back then.

Same. I also didn’t pick up Xtreme Sports or whatever it’s called when DealTavern still had brand new copies for $40. Sigh.

• Sad 1

@Sir Centroid Yeah that's a big loss, and such a weird weird license out of obscurity they plucked too.  I got mine about 5 years ago, it was an online buy and you're shooting high on it as I don't remember getting some cut hard great deal on it either, I know it was under $20 thinking closer to $10 since I never like paying much for GB games and definitely loose, not over original retail (typically $30.)  Wendy is fantastic, it's basically cartoony cute Metal Storm(NES) in how it plays.

7 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

This one made my jaw drop

A648EE6B-F4C5-44FE-9978-325076F97F42.jpeg

Yeah, I noticed that too. Popular CIB GBC games have exploded. Survival Kids, Resident Evil Gaiden, Ghosts n Goblins, Robopon Sun Version, Kirby Tilt n Tumble, Dragon Warrior, Metal Gear Solid, Wario Land, anything Pokemon. The only reason we aren't seeing more $500+ CIB titles, is because the titles that fit into that category aren't popping up for sale. Space Marauder, Return of Ninja, Bomberman Quest, Wendy Every Witch Way, ISS 99. Sabrina Zapped, Xena, Magic Drop, Flintstones Burger Time in Bedrock, Quest Brian's Journey, and Rhino Rumble are all probably going to get there eventually. Even stuff like Warlocked & Sgt Rock are finally starting to get a bit pricier. GBC collecting won't be looking too affordable in 3-5 years.

Edited by Sir Centroid
  • Like 1

Yeah GBC is going into a spiral of pain so I hate to be one of those act now types, but yeah...that.

I'm glad I think I have most the GBC stuff I want now, and i don't give a damn about paper products or it would be all that more horrifying.  that MGS hitting that isn't a shock to me, I know the game alone is like 100 now or something so it fits.

• Like 1