IGNORED

Look at these prices...unreal right ?

LifeGame

Administrator · Posted

Graded games specifically are starting to appeal to those outside of specifically game collectors on a wider basis I believe. WWF is a good example - plenty of WWF fans who aren't necessarily game collectors, but want a show piece for their collection of WWF Memorabilia. 

• Hulk Hogan on the cover?
    • Check
  • Presumed prestige on the item for being sealed up?
    • Check
  • Packaging looks nice? Looks fresh and minty?
    • Check
  • Original item from the correct time period? (i.e. not some flashback game, e.g. WWE Legends for the PS3)
    • Check

I think stuff like that, similar to comic book games, will start to bump prices on those specific items a bit more. Another example might be, say, action figure games, cartoon games, etc.. Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers on NES, along with the other cartoon games, will likely see even more price bumps due to the shows' mass appeal. 

That's just me thinking out loud about it though, I'm no professional with regard to keeping up to date on the grading/sale scene.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Graded games specifically are starting to appeal to those outside of specifically game collectors on a wider basis I believe. WWF is a good example - plenty of WWF fans who aren't necessarily game collectors, but want a show piece for their collection of WWF Memorabilia. 

• Hulk Hogan on the cover?
    • Check
  • Presumed prestige on the item for being sealed up?
    • Check
  • Packaging looks nice? Looks fresh and minty?
    • Check
  • Original item from the correct time period? (i.e. not some flashback game, e.g. WWE Legends for the PS3)
    • Check

I think stuff like that, similar to comic book games, will start to bump prices on those specific items a bit more. Another example might be, say, action figure games, cartoon games, etc.. Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers on NES, along with the other cartoon games, will likely see even more price bumps due to the shows' mass appeal. 

That's just me thinking out loud about it though, I'm no professional with regard to keeping up to date on the grading/sale scene.

Good points and i knew about that a little but still crazy, i guess i have a new 500$ game(cad) in my collection!! I got the mintiest spider man out there !

A9FDA194-D069-4EB1-AAF5-6C7F62422CB1.png

16 minutes ago, austin532 said:

There they go again grading repro games.🙄

Stinger might be right. People tend to get in a bidding war for that game for some reason.

I'm okay with Stinger at that price. It's uncommon and in pretty good shape. I'm just appalled that a repro went for more than a genuine uncommon CIB game.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, phart010 said:

It’s the roaring 2020’s. People are spending lavishly on collectables. Sell em if you got em..

They buy it all back for pennies during the depression 

Tell me about it.  I can't believe the sold prices I am seeing on items.  Heck I can't even believe the stock market right now.  Unemployment is at 20% and the market is still rising?  I just don't get it.

1 hour ago, tbone3969 said:

Tell me about it.  I can't believe the sold prices I am seeing on items.  Heck I can't even believe the stock market right now.  Unemployment is at 20% and the market is still rising?  I just don't get it.

I think that there are still a lot of people doing very financially well with stocks, due to market inflation, so they’ll keep buying up the collectibles for now.

But when (and if) the real economy really starts to breakdown, it’s gonna take the stock market down with it. Then a lot of people who are not properly invested will be doing financial damage control and collectibles will come way down

On 5/10/2020 at 11:59 AM, LifeGame said:

And they arent even over yet !

Good condition but 2k for wrestlemania ??

And 355 for a complete gun smoke ?

Am i missing something?

D87F9493-085F-4E50-853B-7FC6F7910059.png

8AC87DF1-F6A3-4A86-AC51-779B878107D8.png

Unless that is the honest to goodness going rate (people are willing to pay that much) it doesn't really count.

Worst time to buy is now , best time to sell is now... I don´t know if you are familiar with the "reserved investments" youtube videos , but i think the guy is right . People who are spending a fortune on videogames aren´t going to be able to get back their money . Spending a lot of money on a videogame just because its scarce its not a good idea. Little Samson for example , maybe i am wrong but i don´t see huge fan base in 5 -10 years ready to pay a fortune for that game just because "its scarce" . 

2 hours ago, Mijael said:

Worst time to buy is now , best time to sell is now... I don´t know if you are familiar with the "reserved investments" youtube videos , but i think the guy is right . People who are spending a fortune on videogames aren´t going to be able to get back their money . Spending a lot of money on a videogame just because its scarce its not a good idea. Little Samson for example , maybe i am wrong but i don´t see huge fan base in 5 -10 years ready to pay a fortune for that game just because "its scarce" . 

The thing about Little Sampson is that not only is it scarce, but it’s also really really good. I know you can emulate but some people also collect as a means of owning a piece of the past, which is why you see people buying boxes too. I agree with you though that I think the value will decrease over time, just not too low.

• 2 weeks later...