IGNORED

Look at these prices...unreal right ?

LifeGame

2 hours ago, AdamW said:

I dunno much about fractional investing but I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how $154,637 is ever a 99% gain from $77,600 😛

77600 + .99 * 77600 = 210,000 - ~30% for taxes? A few thousand more than the actual 28% tax rate but what's a few thousand between friends. They're definitely lumping something else they're keeping as taxes, do they say what and how that's calculated? I went through the SEC filings of another one of these companies and they had a huge fine print list of fees they will charge for warehousing, maintenance, etc. but don't tell you how much they actually are.

Congrats to anyone who doubled their money in 4 months on this super long term investment! 2021 to the moon!

• Haha 1

Are you getting hit with double taxes on this? Does Otis pay their capital gains, then you have to pay capital gains on your gains? From a tax perspective, this seems like literally the worst thing if that's actually the case. Like we're certainly in a period where it's impossible to lose money on collectibles, but as if 28% + Otis fees wasn't high enough, do you get hit with the bonus 28%?

34 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Are you getting hit with double taxes on this? Does Otis pay their capital gains, then you have to pay capital gains on your gains? From a tax perspective, this seems like literally the worst thing if that's actually the case. Like we're certainly in a period where it's impossible to lose money on collectibles, but as if 28% + Otis fees wasn't high enough, do you get hit with the bonus 28%?

Sir, I think you are jumping to conclusions.

I don’t have the terms on hand but I think when Otis buys an asset they put a portion of the fractional shares up for sale and keep the rest. So they acquired this at I think 115k and are selling at 210k. But I think it was 75% that went to the market, so “77k drop” and “154k return.” Otis makes a profit on the difference plus maybe some small fees, I don’t really know much beyond that.

As for taxes, investment income is income. If you make a profit on a trade, you just treat that profit margin as income like you get from your job. The % depends on your income bracket. Capital gains only applies if you held the asset for more than a year and it reduces the maximum % that income can be taxed. 

Basically... it’s a non issue. You only pay taxes on profits.

Anyway this isn’t meant to be investing 101. Just thought it was interesting that this turned out to be a really profitable asset for Otis. I scoffed when they acquired it. (Disclaimer: I’ve never purchased shares on their platform, I just get their newsletter.)

19 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

It’s a rare first print tho

Yeah, first prints are relevant, we all agree! Only thing worth buying!

Oh, and player's choice. And PS1 green label.

And, you know, um, actually fuck,  whatever print you got, it's fine, just, whatever, it's FINE. We'll take it!

Condition matters though, I'm serious about that!

It MUST, absolutely, 100% be in the best possible condition... 9.8 9.6... I'll go as low as a 9.................4.............no....wait.........2!!! But no lower.

OKAY, I'll take a 7.0. But only with an A seal. or a B.

Mold, you say? Swamp damage? Covid infused? Where's my checkbook?

BUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTT. It DEFINITELY needs a box. That there is no question on.

...30 bucks for loose Kirby's dreamland? PayPal incoming.

😄

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Yeah, first prints are relevant, we all agree! Only thing worth buying!

Oh, and player's choice. And PS1 green label.

And, you know, um, actually fuck,  whatever print you got, it's fine, just, whatever, it's FINE. We'll take it!

Condition matters though, I'm serious about that!

It MUST, absolutely, 100% be in the best possible condition... 9.8 9.6... I'll go as low as a 9.................4.............no....wait.........2!!! But no lower.

OKAY, I'll take a 7.0. But only with an A seal. or a B.

Mold, you say? Swamp damage? Covid infused? Where's my checkbook?

BUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTT. It DEFINITELY needs a box. That there is no question on.

...30 bucks for loose Kirby's dreamland? PayPal incoming.

😄

Literally the only thing that matters is that your game isn’t PAL or Japanese

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, avatar! said:

Glad I got Grandia when it was retail price. It was an open-order too, yet apparently people missed out or something...

Screenshot-from-2021-05-28-06-42-25.png

Same. Idgi, maybe a lot of people didn’t know about it until afterwards? My only regret is I didn’t buy multiple copies. Instead I bought a bunch of Atooi Collection CE which no one wants... and that Astro City Mini... somehow I got stuck with 2!

41 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Same. Idgi, maybe a lot of people didn’t know about it until afterwards? My only regret is I didn’t buy multiple copies. Instead I bought a bunch of Atooi Collection CE which no one wants... and that Astro City Mini... somehow I got stuck with 2!

Sometimes scalping backfires….. have to roll with the punches 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr. CIB said:

Sometimes scalping backfires….. have to roll with the punches 

It’s not scalping. It’s an open preorder. By ordering multiple copies I actually increase the available supply. It’s the exact opposite of scalping. 

And I’ll gladly sell them to anyone here at cost. 

• Wow! 1
  • Eyeroll 1

UGH Grandia for Switch is $200 now?!  I still have yet to get to that one, definitely was slightly considering offloading burden, but at that price HELL NO.  I'd regret it if I wanted to get around to it finally, kind of like how it sickens me I gave up Golf Story, and now it's like $80-90 (at least not 200.)

Just now, Tanooki said:

UGH Grandia for Switch is $200 now?!  I still have yet to get to that one, definitely was slightly considering offloading burden, but at that price HELL NO.  I'd regret it if I wanted to get around to it finally, kind of like how it sickens me I gave up Golf Story, and now it's like $80-90 (at least not 200.)

You can buy Golf Story from B-Side games though, that one comes in a nice package 

4 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

@MiamiSliceOk never heard of this, googling now.  I still have my old save on my switch too. 😕

Looks like it's not in english?

It has English on the cart according to Nin-Nin: https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/video-games/34743-golf-story-first-press-edition-english-included-switch-.html

3 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Another Little Samson on eBay over $2k with 8 days to go. Guess this is the new norm...

Yeah I'm just not buying it again at this point lol.  Last licensed I need besides SE (sold a CIB way back when).  I passed on it at $400, no chance I'm paying over 2 grand for one of the most overhyped games of all time.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

7 minutes ago, Doctornick said:

Yeah I'm just not buying it again at this point lol.  Last licensed I need besides SE (sold a CIB way back when).  I passed on it at $400, no chance I'm paying over 2 grand for one of the most overhyped games of all time.

I think one sold for 3.5k recently.  From the same person selling basketball cards and Time Lord for $45.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124732963257?epid=5743&hash=item1d0aa9f9b9:g:Dv8AAOSwoWdgnIKE

Edited by guitarzombie

7 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

It’s not scalping. It’s an open preorder. By ordering multiple copies I actually increase the available supply. It’s the exact opposite of scalping. 

And I’ll gladly sell them to anyone here at cost. 

Lol you don’t believe that yourself

P.S. The Astro Mini wasn’t an open pre-order and the Atooi Collection was limited to 2,000 copies. 

Edited by Mr. CIB
  • Wow! 1