IGNORED

Look at these prices...unreal right ?

LifeGame

@phart010If you saw that for $70 consider yourself lucky the price on that commonly sells north of $100.  Last one with a semi-worn label a month ago sold for $150 shipped from europe(netherlands.)  That's about normal.  It has been aggravatingly normal to be about that for 7-8 years now at least.  I got that back last long after the other three maybe 5 years ago now, got it off a reasonable aussie and it cost me around your minimum ($70) shipped and that was after we got to chatting friendly (not business) on ebay messenger and decided to be a bit more fair.  I basically rationalized the value given what Gradius 2 and Castlevania 2 cost alone for original carts on the GB. 😕  Just wish I retained my original set of 4, all were CIB and bought new from GAME(co.uk) when they came out.  I'll never get why 4 and now also 1 are so damn much, they don't even hide the first time translated import goodies like Goemon etc. 😕  It's not like 1 and 4 were produced in far less numbers, all came out the same time.  Waited on them to release and imported the lot easily at once.

27 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

@phart010If you saw that for $70 consider yourself lucky the price on that commonly sells north of $100.  Last one with a semi-worn label a month ago sold for $150 shipped from europe(netherlands.)  That's about normal.  It has been aggravatingly normal to be about that for 7-8 years now at least.  I got that back last long after the other three maybe 5 years ago now, got it off a reasonable aussie and it cost me around your minimum ($70) shipped and that was after we got to chatting friendly (not business) on ebay messenger and decided to be a bit more fair.  I basically rationalized the value given what Gradius 2 and Castlevania 2 cost alone for original carts on the GB. 😕  Just wish I retained my original set of 4, all were CIB and bought new from GAME(co.uk) when they came out.  I'll never get why 4 and now also 1 are so damn much, they don't even hide the first time translated import goodies like Goemon etc. 😕  It's not like 1 and 4 were produced in far less numbers, all came out the same time.  Waited on them to release and imported the lot easily at once.

Although it may be the case that they all came out at the same time, I do see  listings of each game in the series with less frequency than the number in the series preceding it. This is to say that I see mostly part 1 for sale, less 2’s, even less 3’s and very infrequently find 4’s.

Could it be that there are genuinely less 4’s out there than the rest? Or is it just that people perceive that 4 is more valuable, so they tend to hold onto it more tightly? I don’t know. 

If I recall correctly, 4 had been pretty regularly listed for under $100US (when you could find it) just pre-Covid. Maybe in ebay US listings it would have been more, but I would always seek out these titles on eBay.uk  eBay.es  eBay.de  eBay.fr  eBay.nl eBay.it, etc and then beg the seller to ship to me in the USA

Edited by phart010

On 7/6/2022 at 9:57 AM, Andy_Bogomil said:

And this is why I bought Wii U games when they were being discounted from the big box stores...

Same. By chance is your Turbo open or sealed? I have a used copy and there's no manual. Need to know if I need to find that somewhere.

I did realize there are two Wii U games I DON'T have which is annoying, Just Dance 2019 and Axiom Verge. I pretty much completed my collection before either of those games came out and wasn't really paying attention. My bad. lol

6 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Same. By chance is your Turbo open or sealed? I have a used copy and there's no manual. Need to know if I need to find that somewhere.

I did realize there are two Wii U games I DON'T have which is annoying, Just Dance 2019 and Axiom Verge. I pretty much completed my collection before either of those games came out and wasn't really paying attention. My bad. lol

image.thumb.jpg.36ed8fe6bbc45b672bee14eddf124552.jpg

38 minutes ago, phart010 said:

Although it may be the case that they all came out at the same time, I do see  listings of each game in the series with less frequency than the number in the series preceding it. This is to say that I see mostly part 1 for sale, less 2’s, even less 3’s and very infrequently find 4’s.

Could it be that there are genuinely less 4’s out there than the rest? Or is it just that people perceive that 4 is more valuable, so they tend to hold onto it more tightly? I don’t know. 

If I recall correctly, 4 had been pretty regularly listed for under $100US (when you could find it) just pre-Covid. Maybe in ebay US listings it would have been more, but I would always seek out these titles on eBay.uk  eBay.es  eBay.de  eBay.fr  eBay.nl eBay.it, etc and then beg the seller to ship to me in the USA

I think it's perception.  It's not hard to argue over a lack of some over others.  One would think of those 4 volumes those with the pair of Gradius+Castlevania (1 and 4) which also have goemon, contra, etc are far more appealing than more regionally interesting parodius and twinbee which are the cheap ones.  It's franchise interest.  It's like how you get expensive SNES games printed into the mid hundreds of thousands that hit the 100s, but then games with better quality but lesser print that get less money as it just happens.  Price goes up where people choose to flock to to feed the greed, the old argument of rare vs faux rare.  Not sure about the $100, they got listed there but not at BINs, but they'd get bid up, and BINs usually around the 130-150 mark and I didn't limit to the US search I'd use worldwide given its UK origin.  #1 these days is a 60+ title, 2 an 3 are like 30-40+ and #4 is 130-150 shipped, pandemic didn't seem to impact it really much.

3 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Yeah, unfortunately there is a useless, but unique, 2 page manual for it with a 'notes' section. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, avatar! said:

Well, looks like the 100+ year-old Levi jeans market has just exploded!

A 140-Year-Old Pair of Levi’s Was Found in a Mine Shaft. They Just Sold for Over $87,000.

https://robbreport.com/style/fashion/rare-vingtage-levis-auction-1234759984/

$87k, huh.  I thought the going rate for mineshaft Levi’s were in the $100k range.

People can say that people got into video game collecting during the pandemic because they wanted to play them but I think most collectible hobbies went nuts.

Whether you can use the collectibles or not, people just went buy-crazy and never recovered.

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, RH said:

$87k, huh.  I thought the going rate for mineshaft Levi’s were in the $100k range.

People can say that people got into video game collecting during the pandemic because they wanted to play them but I think most collectible hobbies went nuts.

Whether you can use the collectibles or not, people just went buy-crazy and never recovered.

Yup! and the same thing happened in the housing market during the pandemic.

A frenzied sellers’ market led some people to make harried decisions when buying their homes that they now regret.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/04/realestate/home-buying-regret.html

Zillow found about three quarters of recent buyers expressed some regret. In the Zillow survey, released on Feb. 4, the findings paint a picture of homeowners second-guessing the choices they made and wishing they’d had more time, more patience or considered living somewhere else. About a third of respondents regret buying a house that needed more work than they anticipated, 31 percent wish the home they bought was bigger and 21 percent thought they overpaid.

• Wow! 1
  • Haha 1

I thank their stupidity.  My house increased in value like 60k, but then fell back to 50 and stayed there, so I can't complain. 😛  The area I'm in has had a lot of modern upscale growth in a few ways so the old homes that had lagged in value for decades shot up and have stayed bucking the trend so far.  So when I do get out I'll have a little more leverage thanks to stupid people.

• 1 month later...