IGNORED

The Switch Thread

1 hour ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Add this game to your list "Airoheart" it was release September 20, 2022 and you can get it at GameStop or Amazon.

Edit: Also, "Boulder Dash Ultimate Collection" released January 28, 2022 available at Amazon.

Edited by Mr. CIB
  • Like 1

Hey all, figured I'd maybe tap on some of the knowledge here. I am currently going through a project to sell off my big box Switch games, but I don't want to sell off any that did not have a normal box release (so something like Toki as example). Is there some kind of database I can find to verify what games had a normal standard retail release against their big box stuff? The primary issue I'm running into is the NIS USA releases since I can't find legacy entries on their site, but I assume most of them have one.

14 minutes ago, goldenpp72 said:

Hey all, figured I'd maybe tap on some of the knowledge here. I am currently going through a project to sell off my big box Switch games, but I don't want to sell off any that did not have a normal box release (so something like Toki as example). Is there some kind of database I can find to verify what games had a normal standard retail release against their big box stuff? The primary issue I'm running into is the NIS USA releases since I can't find legacy entries on their site, but I assume most of them have one.

I think the r/NSCollectors spreadsheet might be helpful?

1 hour ago, goldenpp72 said:

I'm not entirely sure the best way to interpret this, so I looked up RPG Maker and it says LE available, does that mean a normal would exist?

I did double check and found NISA's old listings for the standard and the CE as well, so it seems like that should be the case for that wording.

PriceCharting might also work for checking big boxes to game only, but I know they don't have everything covered.

16 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Wait, Loop Hero had a release?

At this point I just don't sweat all of the things I can't have.

I dunno why but I thought it was by a European limited company, so I had put it out of my mind. I just checked though and it was by an American limited company and it might still be in stock? Kinda tempted but there's also apparently a decent chance it gets a regular retail release.

On 2/19/2023 at 11:51 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

Wait, Loop Hero had a release?

At this point I just don't sweat all of the things I can't have.

https://specialreservegames.com/loop-hero/

If I find out I missed an awesome release I wake up drenched in sweat, heart palpitating, nausea, and immediately go to ebay and curse the damned fates that made it so I have to resort to bloody second-hand purchasing...

curse you william shatner GIF

• Haha 1

Editorials Team · Posted

Microids is releasing Front Mission in the US, which is interesting.  Wonder if that opens the doors for more titles to be licensed out by Square.  That'd be sweet to get the Final Fantasy Legend series or ActRaiser or Star Ocean, and all the other eShop stuff.

16 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

Why the hell can't I buy Metroid Prime Remastered?

The international gaming cartel has blacklised you!!

It looks like they are milking all possible digital sales until announcing a us physical - you can pre-order the asian ones though.  My guess is that patience will be rewarded though.  Info on the release of Front Mission Remake is similarly lacking - but I know it is coming out from Microid in the summer.

Edited by Tabonga

My understanding, scalpers...mostly scalpers and then the minority actual wanting (to use) buyers.  It's a battle and Nintendo is sending them out but they give weekly shipments so anything now is gone until probably Monday through Wednesday when stores get more.  My brother can't get one from any store within a fair distance from his place but he/you can find them online for $60+ because of shitheels.

19 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Microids is releasing Front Mission in the US, which is interesting.  Wonder if that opens the doors for more titles to be licensed out by Square.  That'd be sweet to get the Final Fantasy Legend series or ActRaiser or Star Ocean, and all the other eShop stuff.

Front Mission Remake is available for pre-order at Amazon.