IGNORED

The Switch Thread

I just pre-ordered a copy of this:

It is a pretty limited run - 800 copies.  There is also a collector's edition of 500 copies - but it is over twice as expensive with some extas that I don;t find to be worth the price.

It cerainly is an unusual topic for a game.

Edited by Tabonga

33 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

I just pre-ordered a copy of this:

It is a pretty limited run - 800 copies.  There is also a collector's edition of 500 copies - but it is over twice as expensive with some extas that I don;t find to be worth the price.

It cerainly is an unusual topic for a game.

Red Art Games right? If it’s a Switch game then the minimum order is 3,000. If their variants have 800 + 500 = 1300 copies then the other 1700 have to go somewhere.

1 minute ago, MiamiSlice said:

Red Art Games right? If it’s a Switch game then the minimum order is 3,000. If their variants have 800 + 500 = 1300 copies then the other 1700 have to go somewhere.

Yeah - I misread and accidently ordered the French version - there are another 1600 copies for the US/UK version. (For some reason the link they sent me was for the French version.)  I emailed them so hopefully they will switch (as it were) it -in any event I think the only difference is ths covers which as far as I am concerned is no biggie.

1 minute ago, Tabonga said:

Yeah - I misread and accidently ordered the French version - there are another 1600 copies for the US/UK version. (For some reason the link they sent me was for the French version.)  I emailed them so hopefully they will switch (as it were) it -in any event I think the only difference is ths covers which as far as I am concerned is no biggie.

Yeah the only difference is all the cover text will be in French. No biggie to me 🙂

4 hours ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

Question: What is the benefit of this versus Namco Museum Arcade Pac? I know this is console version of games.

Different set of games, there’s some here that weren’t there and vice versa. What I care about the most is that Arcade Pac came with Pac Man Championship Edition 2 while this comes with a retro demake  of Pac Man Championship Edition. Also Arcade Pac has TATE mode for certain games, while I’m pretty sure this doesn’t.

7 minutes ago, Magus said:

Any recommendations for multiplayer games with the wife?

I have the following. She loves all of them, especially overcooked. 

Overcooked 2
Mario Kart
Smash Bros
Deru
Heave Ho 
Snipperclips
Tetris 99 

Moving Out seems like a great MP game, similar to Overcooked. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Magus said:

I have the following. She loves all of them, especially overcooked. 

Overcooked 2
Mario Kart
Smash Bros
Deru
Heave Ho 
Snipperclips
Tetris 99 

depends on your wife. My wife would hate Smash. And while she loves Tetris on its own, she can't enjoy the competitive version of it. You can't go wrong with Mario Kart, though.

59 minutes ago, Magus said:

Fun 1v1 games: Penguin Wars, Windjammers, Lumines Remastered, Puyo Puyo Tetris. I also love Soldam but that one is a bit weird, I can't be certain a puzzle fan would enjoy it as much as Tetris, Puyo Puyo or Lumines. 

I was playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe online a lot in May as well as last month. Apparently, after I finished in 1st or 2nd many times, several Mario Kart 8 players in the U.S. and Canada started recognizing/remembering the MegaMan52 name. Nearly every time I play, people are constantly throwing Shells at me even if I'm in 10th place. Also, it's ridiculous that the game seems to refuse giving me Bullet Bills or other useful items until nearly everyone's finished the race. Meanwhile, the few players behind me (or even some of the player's ahead) get useful items more often.

Ah well. It is still fun.

• Haha 1

Editorials Team · Posted
2 hours ago, MegaMan52 said:

I was playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe online a lot in May as well as last month. Apparently, after I finished in 1st or 2nd many times, several Mario Kart 8 players in the U.S. and Canada started recognizing/remembering the MegaMan52 name. Nearly every time I play, people are constantly throwing Shells at me even if I'm in 10th place. Also, it's ridiculous that the game seems to refuse giving me Bullet Bills or other useful items until nearly everyone's finished the race. Meanwhile, the few players behind me (or even some of the player's ahead) get useful items more often.

Ah well. It is still fun.

#MarioKartGate