IGNORED

The Switch Thread

That's funny.  I came here to see if anyone was talking about that!  There is a seller on eBay with 50 in stock still, but they could go fast.

Here is the ign article:

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-cooking-mama-game-for-switch-that-came-out-and-then-disappeared?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

1 hour ago, coffeewithmrsaturn said:

That's funny.  I came here to see if anyone was talking about that!  There is a seller on eBay with 50 in stock still, but they could go fast.

Here is the ign article:

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-cooking-mama-game-for-switch-that-came-out-and-then-disappeared?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Bizarre. So are all you set collectors buying this just in case?

3 hours ago, coffeewithmrsaturn said:

Here is the ign article:

Last I checked they had sold over 725 

2 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Bizarre. So are all you set collectors buying this just in case?

Yep. Just got one as you just never know. I mean after seeing a soccer game for the Wii end up being hundreds of dollars, this title seems like one of those that would end up like that. xD Hopefully it is hype just like with the Rollercoaster Tycoon one too. I remember people thinking it was going to be so limited in print and it sold up to $100. Then more came later on.

37 minutes ago, Skorp said:

Yep. Just got one as you just never know. I mean after seeing a soccer game for the Wii end up being hundreds of dollars, this title seems like one of those that would end up like that. xD Hopefully it is hype just like with the Rollercoaster Tycoon one too. I remember people thinking it was going to be so limited in print and it sold up to $100. Then more came later on.

The switch has constantly been having that issue with hype. Seems to be affecting doom right now. 

46 minutes ago, Skorp said:

7 minutes ago, Romiked2689 said:

The switch has constantly been having that issue with hype. Seems to be affecting doom right now. 

I remember rushing out to Best Buy to get a release copy of Okami (Wii) with the ign watermark on the front cover art. As far as I know it never became particularly valuable, but I really felt like I was getting something special at the time. 🤣😂

Videogame collecting is so weird some times.

Edited by DoctorEncore

7 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

I remember rushing out to Best Buy to get a release copy of Okami (Wii) with the ign watermark on the front cover art. As far as I know it never became particularly valuable, but I really felt like I was getting something special at the time. 🤣😂

Videogame collecting is so weird some times.

I agree I’ve had many different feelings during my collecting hate missing out on stuff or being out priced lol 

1 hour ago, Skorp said:

I’m sorry what soccer game????

Holy hell that was hard to watch. But, I got through all 12 mins and it was clear to me that the cooking mama expert said he couldn't go into detail but there is an issue with Amazon and the COVID 19 stocking guidelines. Seems like a bad timing issue on every front that is causing the stock to get backed up, similar to what were seeing with a lot of switch games like Ring Fit. I would assume that since there is stock issues at major retailers due to COVID, they probably don't want to do a proper game launch. Also, this is the same publisher of those budget racing games so who really knows what's going on over there. 

Interesting update on the Cooking Mama situation...I normally don’t like this site, but they are mentioning that it’s related to a dispute between the developer and the ip holder, Office Create, and that the ip holder contacted Nintendo to remove the game. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/cooking-mama-cookstar-switch-eshop-controversy-crypto-mining/amp/

Edited by ICrappedMyPants

4 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Can someone summarize this video? What a terrible way to deliver information, I hate these kinds of videos that could have been 3 paragraphs of text. 

A bunch of speculation and only one or two sentences from reputable source. The most from a beta tester of the game said he can't say too much information but there is an issue with major retailers, Amazon named specifically, and stock and sales of esstenial items because of the COVID 19 pandemic. 

Edit: I should add that YouTubers are kind of guided intothis format bc it pays for them to have videos just over 10 mins long. So while a productive video would've been 2.5 mins, people are incentivized into pumping useless info to make time. 

Edited by RegularGuyGamer
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

A bunch of speculation and only one or two sentences from reputable source. The most from a beta tester of the game said he can't say too much information but there is an issue with major retailers, Amazon named specifically, and stock and sales of esstenial items because of the COVID 19 pandemic. 

Edit: I should add that YouTubers are kind of guided intothis format bc it pays for them to have videos just over 10 mins long. So while a productive video would've been 2.5 mins, people are incentivized into pumping useless info to make time. 

Thank you. 

The thing with Amazon is an issue affecting everyone. It's that they aren't taking in shipments of non-essentials from 3rd party sellers. But this shouldn't be a problem for products that Amazon sells directly. Which makes me think that Amazon isn't planning to carry this game at all. It makes me think that the publisher or someone affiliated with the publisher was planning on selling it as a 3rd party through Amazon, and due to the COVID19 policy, they can't. But I don't know if this makes sense so I'm not claiming this is the right answer. Just a guess. 

I'm feeling like there's more copies of this that the publisher is sitting on and eventually they will hit the market. 

Edited by MiamiSlice

1 hour ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

Interesting update on the Cooking Mama situation...I normally don’t like this site, but they are mentioning that it’s related to a dispute between the developer and the ip holder, Office Create, and that the ip holder contacted Nintendo to remove the game. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/cooking-mama-cookstar-switch-eshop-controversy-crypto-mining/amp/

ooof this seems credible. You don't just pull something from the eShop like that unless there's a legal dispute. 

I really hope my Amazon order for this doesn't get cancelled aaaaah

1 hour ago, MiamiSlice said:

I'm feeling like there's more copies of this that the publisher is sitting on and eventually they will hit the market. 

Definitely. It's a Cooking Mama game. They're good mines for young girls who play handhelds. The publisher would be crazy not to get this into the hands of everyone who wants it. And the way the publisher pushes shovelware I don't see why it wouldn't trickle out after the pandemic stops effecting production and distribution of .

Just remembered, Xenoblade on Wii sold for $100+ and $80 at fuckin GameStop. I look at these goof balls holding onto these switch titles thinking they're only going up but it's the complete opposite. Anywhere there is a place for a nickel to be made a publisher is going to take advantage of it and squeeze as many of the 5¢ pieces out of as many customers as possible.