IGNORED

The Switch Thread

Editorials Team · Posted
17 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Man, I just can't get behind FOMO buying. It would be co if it ends up being a Cinderella game but with a name like Cooking Mama, I just can't see it happening. LRG games will ultimately have lower numbers and be better quality games even if it doesn't end up having a weird limited run. 

I had the epiphany one day that for the rest of my life I can probably only afford to buy x games.  Do I want Cooking Mama to be one of those games?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I had the epiphany one day that for the rest of my life I can probably only afford to buy x games.  Do I want Cooking Mama to be one of those games?

Maybe if it's Cooking Mama Cook Off on Wii which runs for $5 or less.

17 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I had that epiphany the very first time I went to go spend money on a shitty game (And as it turned out, yes, I did😁).

• Haha 1

On 4/5/2020 at 2:55 PM, DoctorEncore said:

Bizarre. So are all you set collectors buying this just in case?

I like how everyone assumes this is either FOMO buying or full-set collecting. I am doing neither. I actually like Cooking Mama and enjoy collecting dumb games. This one probably isn’t good but I want it.

• Like 1

I'm surprised that so many of you assume it's a terrible game.  I've always heard good things about the Cooking Mama series.  I haven't played it, and I'm sure the game isn't for everyone, but for those who get into the game, I hear they really enjoy it.  The fans probably fall under the "casual gamer" group which is why you aren't hearing from them here.  

Edited by TDIRunner

Just got my copy of Cookstar which I had ordered from Amazon for $39.99. It was shipped First Class direct from the publisher’s office. If you buy it from their website now for $59.99 it’s probably the same thing. So now they aren’t paying the Amazon seller fee and and charging $20 extra on top of their original MSRP. Sleazy!

Edited by MiamiSlice

Arms is actually not too bad and get an actual little workout. I have no idea how to do the controls though. I'm just doing random punches and karate moves pretending I am in control lol. It is just so awkward moving around in the game. That beach ball one is HORRID. I did beat it though on the first mode even getting some rounds perfect. I was doing that free full game trial. For $60 though, no way is it worth that much. I'd get it for $30 or less.

Also received my copy of Cooking Mama today from eBay.

Edited by Skorp

On 4/10/2020 at 11:24 AM, Reed Rothchild said:

I didn't see any mention of why it would remain low print. 

+1 for ditching ARMS too. I never got used to the controls and that's coming from someone who is a huge fan of fighters. I plan on picking it up when it sees a price drop in the distant future but considering I sold it for as much as I bought it, I feel like I Dodged a bullet. 

Edited by RegularGuyGamer
ARMS
  • Like 1