IGNORED

What are you drinking?

Reed Rothchild

Homebrew Team · Posted
16 minutes ago, Scrobins said:

I need to dig out my recipe for sake sangria, it’s my day summer drink. There are tons of variations, but my favorite has plum wine and sparkling sake.

Ohhh I need that recipe.  I only make red wine sangria, but sake sangria sounds great. 

2 hours ago, Murray said:

8D7C333B-BB42-4FD2-BB34-60DF083D7D35.gif

Heh - reminds me of the time (when I was very little) that my mother and I went to the bus depot to pick up my sister.  This was in Minneapolis while a snow storm was raging and the bus was delayed for several very long hours.  We were both bored to the max and were reduced to reading religious tracts (there was nothing else to read) despite the fact that my family generally wavered on the edge between agnostics and atheists. My favorite was the anti-alcohol one which informed us that the flavor of beer was due to rats falling into the vats at the breweries.  Most enlightening - and amusing. My mother and I had many good laughs about that over the years.  Nothing like familial bonding.

• Haha 1

On 7/11/2020 at 10:47 AM, Tabonga said:

Heh - reminds me of the time (when I was very little) that my mother and I went to the bus depot to pick up my sister.  This was in Minneapolis while a snow storm was raging and the bus was delayed for several very long hours.  We were both bored to the max and were reduced to reading religious tracts (there was nothing else to read) despite the fact that my family generally wavered on the edge between agnostics and atheists. My favorite was the anti-alcohol one which informed us that the flavor of beer was due to rats falling into the vats at the breweries.  Most enlightening - and amusing. My mother and I had many good laughs about that over the years.  Nothing like familial bonding.

@Murray

Here is a copy of what was likely that little pamphlet (the company that printed this is actually based in Minneapolis).

RATbeerVats1.jpg.9176b989016b0ed8bc2ae1c8f60e3e34.jpgRATbeerVats2.thumb.jpg.f6f4e215c5a481c9fdf7f4e62c1a6ed2.jpg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Murray said:

One of these days you will have to invite @JamesRobot and I over for some Lutefisk and Akvavit.  😂

Lefse and akvavit maybe.  Better yet lefse and Ringnes (assuming I could find any these days - used to be a place in Denver I could - I especially liked their bock beer.

1683153954_s-l640(3).jpg.2a6c6b30fa249dfadb519d054612daa4.jpg

• Like 2