IGNORED

What are you drinking?

Reed Rothchild

17 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

I found a serious rarity in a local craft beer store. A 2009 vintage Schneider Aventinus. I have no idea when I will actually drink it. What I will be enjoying shortly is an Ayinger celebrator. A fabulous doppelbock, one of the finest in the world.

Any other fans of Belgian or German beers? 

kolsch master race

• Like 1

@Kguillemette I haven't even been looking lately, but last time I stopped at my favorite close spot they were stocked on all those (except we don't get allagash, which I traded for some of their stuff in the past and I am jealous so goooood) and more, but I am spoiled to live by a store that has a big stock.

Michigan has a population of German immigrants so there is definitely a focus from different breweries on German styles around here, which is nice. Honestly same with Belgian, there is this place in Detroit called the Cadieux cafe..  I've wanted to hit it up for a long time but never found my way - one of the only places in the country to feature 'feather bowling' it's like a Belgian style of bowling. http://www.cadieuxcafe.com/

I love different styles and love trying things I haven't so I used to go on little mixed pack runs (still do haha) and have tried way too many over the years. I guess my favorites are like Flemish reds, Brettomyces wild beers, sours on occasion, goze, Orval is a treat, I like the dark Candi sugar quads and heavy things in the winter and the tripples and blondes in the summer. If we were down a beer isle I would point out probably like 10 different styles with glee.

For Germans brewing under the rules of Reinheitsgebot is like a blessing and a curse, I would hate to be restricted but damn are they good because of it.

I love kolsch! So refreshing, and delicious. Also creamy wheats like franzenskaner Weiss (on tap is woow), all the bock's, Mai, dopplebocks, marzens in the fall, schwartzbeer too. Oh, and I even like rauchbier even though it's kinda like drinking bacon. 

I would and will gladly drink them all.

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 1

Administrator · Posted
3 hours ago, 42 foot tapeworm said:

kolsch master race

I got completely wrecked on some kolsch about a month ago when we were all finally allowed out of our houses.   Went through about one and a half of those gallon size kegs in a few hours.   

I'd recommend spacing it out a little more than that.   I was vomiting Funyuns on my buddy's tulips by 4 pm.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, drxandy said:

@Kguillemette I haven't even been looking lately, but last time I stopped at my favorite close spot they were stocked on all those and more, but we are super spoiled here.

Michigan has a population of German immigrants so there is definitely a focus from different breweries on German styles around here, which is nice. Honestly same with Belgian, there is this place in Detroit called the Cadieux cafe..  I've wanted to hit it up for a long time but never found my way - one of the only places in the country to feature 'feather bowling' it's like a Belgian style of bowling. http://www.cadieuxcafe.com/

I love different styles and love trying things I haven't so I used to go on little mixed pack runs (still do haha) and have tried way too many over the years. I guess my favorites are like Flemish reds, Brettomyces wild beers, sours on occasion, goze, Orval is a treat, I like the dark Candi sugar quads and heavy things in the winter and the tripples and blondes in the summer. If we were down a beer isle I would point out probably like 10 different styles with glee.

For Germans brewing under the rules of Reinheitsgebot is like a blessing and a curse, I would hate to be restricted but damn are they good because of it.

I love kolsch! So refreshing, and delicious. Also creamy wheats like franzenskaner Weiss (on tap is woow), all the bock's, Mai, dopplebocks, marzens in the fall, schwartzbeer too. Oh, and I even like rauchbier even though it's kinda like drinking bacon. 

I would and will gladly drink them all.

All of those?! I'm super jealous! Quality German beers are almost nonexistent around here! What I would give for what I would give for a quality kolsch this time of year! 

• Like 1

@Gloves

i feel bad because i dont like you. im trying to handle it but its hard because i dont know you. like maybe face to face i could have a better understanding... 

and ya i cried cause you took my avatar down. it was the coolest fucking avatar on the site. and i understand it had to come down,  not because of you, but i still wanted to blame you for it. then i got more upset because i felt like you were telling me its not a big deal but for me it was. now what, i just get this stupid fucking 4? its lame but i want to leave it there as like some kind of stance lol....fuck it. this place sucks lol...

and everytime i beat you in a shooter you take it like a little girl. we all know your better at shooters than me. 

• Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
26 minutes ago, 42 foot tapeworm said:

@Gloves

i feel bad because i dont like you. im trying to handle it but its hard because i dont know you. like maybe face to face i could have a better understanding... 

and ya i cried cause you took my avatar down. it was the coolest fucking avatar on the site. and i understand it had to come down,  not because of you, but i still wanted to blame you for it. then i got more upset because i felt like you were telling me its not a big deal but for me it was. now what, i just get this stupid fucking 4? its lame but i want to leave it there as like some kind of stance lol....fuck it. this place sucks lol...

and everytime i beat you in a shooter you take it like a little girl. we all know your better at shooters than me. 

Try to stay on topic eh? This is a thread about drinks.

If you have a problem PM somebody. If you're joking, it's a really weird joke.

Moderator · Posted
34 minutes ago, 42 foot tapeworm said:

@Gloves

image.gif.126b47b0bc16c9bb6b8ee72abc321f96.gif

16 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Because we're in the middle of the move, I was limited in mixing ingredients.  And... I may have sunk to new depths of depravity...

IMG_20200624_184438.jpg

Spoiler alert: it was not a winner

Did you mix the Keystone with the Pedialyte? That sounds like some kind of voodoo hangover remedy.

17 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Because we're in the middle of the move, I was limited in mixing ingredients.  And... I may have sunk to new depths of depravity...

IMG_20200624_184438.jpg

Spoiler alert: it was not a winner

At a bachelor party about 10 years ago we mixed Gatorade fruit punch powder with a keg of PBR, everyone except the bachelor hates PBR and was sick of it after the first keg.  You didn't go that low at least!

18 minutes ago, Doctornick said:

At a bachelor party about 10 years ago we mixed Gatorade fruit punch powder with a keg of PBR, everyone except the bachelor hates PBR and was sick of it after the first keg.  You didn't go that low at least!

PBR and Keystone don't need anything fruity mixed with them to be awful. They are bad enough as is.

On 6/23/2020 at 10:13 PM, Gloves said:

La Croix. I'm one of THOSE now.

On 6/23/2020 at 10:18 PM, BriGuy82 said:

When my wife buys those I drink the whole case.

On 6/24/2020 at 1:31 AM, Reed Rothchild said:

I'll drink 4 a day.  It's like half the price of one beer.  Or at least that's the excuse I make for hogging them.

Looking at the usernames in this quote train I'm not surprised. Mildly disappointed and maybe even a little ashamed, but not surprised.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Haha 1