IGNORED

Analogue Update: Duo ($250; Ships 2023) and Pocket ($200; Ships 2023) Available for Preorder

DoctorEncore

Received my Pocket the other day. Everything in working order. Installed the firmware update and the slew of new cores. Super excited to start diving into games on this thing, especially finally getting to a bunch of handheld titles with a screen I can actually see and a form factor that doesn't cramp my hands so badly!

32 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Everyone's getting their Pockets except him.

@SomaWas there any tracking? Like, did they ship it separately, or did they legit forget to pack one for you?

Yeah they must've been smoking something nice - the console is on the packing slip but instead of including it, they put a 2nd game gear adapter in the box.  So how much longer do I have to wait?  I'm waiting for a response from analogue.

Administrator · Posted
9 minutes ago, Soma said:

Yeah they must've been smoking something nice - the console is on the packing slip but instead of including it, they put a 2nd game gear adapter in the box.  So how much longer do I have to wait?  I'm waiting for a response from analogue.

Oof, that's rough. 😞

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, Soma said:

Anybody here know anyone who works for analogue?  I'm starting to worry

I wouldn't worry too hard just cuz they've not gotten back to you immediately. A lot of places can take up to 2 days to respond to inquiries, and I imagine they might be busy with inquiries from a number of folks if boxes are starting to show up at doors this week.

5 hours ago, Soma said:

That really sucks, man. I hope they get it cleared up quickly for you.

The whole shebang seems to have been riddled with logistical problems. I was hearing about someone in Canada who was going to have to pay another $40-50 in shipping charges to FedEx because of how they manage international deliveries in that country. Sheesh. What a nightmare.

Edited by Webhead123

Administrator · Posted
6 minutes ago, Webhead123 said:

That really sucks, man. I hope they get it cleared up quickly for you.

The whole shebang seems to have been riddled with logistical problems. I was hearing about someone in Canada who was going to have to pay another $40-50 in shipping charges to FedEx because of how they manage international deliveries in that country. Sheesh. What a nightmare.

I'm going to have to pay those fees from FedEx, can confirm. If I was just buying a single Analogue Pocket, the shipping costs would almost rival the device.

• Sad 1

Administrator · Posted
2 hours ago, Brickman said:

Anyone have any recommendations for a Pocket case? Hard case preferred but wouldn't say no to a good soft case.

I have this and it's pretty good, though it looks to be sold out you might reach out to see if they can make more: https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/1137373914/analogue-pocket-case

• Thanks 1

So analogue responded with a sort of generic 'we are looking into the situation' in regard to my missing pocket.  Apparently I'm not the only customer that this happened to, so there is some bullshit going on with their shipping partner.  I wish I knew what it is like to play this thing....at this point it's like I wasn't meant to have one.  Anyway, just need to vent

• Like 1

Well it might be that if they can't sort it out this month, request to send back what you have and get a refund.  Not ideal, but you can do better than put up with this bs.  I get you want to use real carts, but, you could do nearly as nice with a high end modded GBA SP anyway.  Boxypixel metal frame, one that doesn't bend but shaped like the pocket largely and one of those newest IPS style screens with the OSD on it where it has some features pocket has with various screen choices, filters, display types, etc.

If you planned to use Game Gear, that's a little issue, I guess, if you have the carts, but if not SMS Advance has 100% compatibility running both SMS and GG games and they're tiny.  Simply stuff that onto a $50~ ez flash omega and you're set.

If carts have no value to you though, drop around $60-100 for the Anbernic 351p handheld, it'll run all those great games and dozens more systems perfectly.

I legit just want my GG adapter.  When they told me ships Q2023, they meant it even though I didn't order a pocket or dock with it.  I was hoping it would be a simple enough device that it'd arrive sooner than that, so take note for all of you who have pockets already and made a secondary, peripheral purchase.

I'm not agitated, I was just a bit hopeful that maybe the adapters were arriving sooner than the generalized estimates that seem to include lead times for the Pockets.

Edited by RH

Glad I did mine (and a couple extras to help out) all at once.  My confirmed check on the thing shows it under processing still, and they locked in the address on the 20th.  So I guess it's just a matter of when they get around to it at this rate.

I'm debating the whole game gear everdrive at this rate due to the adapter included in the box, would awesome to play those again considering that hardware is far less trash than how flaky old game gears are by now.  I always did enjoy that handheld the periods of time I owned it.  Last time I let it go (not made anymore) I grabbed a 100in1 sms+gg pack for GBA which is excellent, shame the current 106 has trash games swapped in compared.

• 4 weeks later...

Not EXACTLY Analogue news, but adjacent at least!

I just want to report here that my 8-bitdo Mega SG 2.8ghz wireless controller crapped the bed on me today.

I've been playing with the thing for about a year, not super hardcore or nothing, but I've played a good few hours on it. To be honest I've never been over the moon with the thing, it's got kinda a sticky d-pad, and I swear I've had a dropped input here or there.

I was always happy with it for the price, given the issues, but today it starts dropping inputs all OVER the place, and then just out of nowhere it freezes and won't accept any further inputs. I couldn't even turn the controller off, and it wouldn't even charge from the adaptor, it just stays on in a permanent state of frozen inaction.

I'm just going back to the OG SEGA 6 button controller, it actually feels and plays better anyway, so no big loss, but I figured I'd share the story here anyway. 🤷‍♂️

• Agree 1

Events Team · Posted
5 hours ago, OptOut said:

Not EXACTLY Analogue news, but adjacent at least!

I just want to report here that my 8-bitdo Mega SG 2.8ghz wireless controller crapped the bed on me today.

I've been playing with the thing for about a year, not super hardcore or nothing, but I've played a good few hours on it. To be honest I've never been over the moon with the thing, it's got kinda a sticky d-pad, and I swear I've had a dropped input here or there.

I was always happy with it for the price, given the issues, but today it starts dropping inputs all OVER the place, and then just out of nowhere it freezes and won't accept any further inputs. I couldn't even turn the controller off, and it wouldn't even charge from the adaptor, it just stays on in a permanent state of frozen inaction.

I'm just going back to the OG SEGA 6 button controller, it actually feels and plays better anyway, so no big loss, but I figured I'd share the story here anyway. 🤷‍♂️

I'm off the 8bitdo bandwagon officially.  Precision games like SMB and Mega Man are impossible to play, even with the 2.4g controllers.  The lag is definitely noticeable.

I keep one N30 for casual Nintendo games, puzzlers and the like, and one SN30 Pro for the Switch.  I'm not buying anymore of their wireless gear.  They're mediocre at best.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

I'm off the 8bitdo bandwagon officially.  Precision games like SMB and Mega Man are impossible to play, even with the 2.4g controllers.  The lag is definitely noticeable.

I keep one N30 for casual Nintendo games, puzzlers and the like, and one SN30 Pro for the Switch.  I'm not buying anymore of their wireless gear.  They're mediocre at best.

I don't doubt you at all, but find this absolutely hilarious to me.  Given all the modern "advances" put forth in all this new gear, it turns out that stuff like the Satellite and even the Acclaim Double Player lay it to waste in terms of usability.  🤣

• Agree 2